Your most annoying problem with vendors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Running Wolf

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2011
North East Ohio
Or how about "electronically" generating the tracking number - and then never actually getting the (I can't say what I want to) package to the Post Office and shipping it. This one is about one inch away from "opinion" to "negative review" at this point.

Same product, ordered the same day and I got mine in the mail today.

If someone is out of stock and has a lead time of X days, be up front and tell the customer that. If the price is good and service is good it might be waiting the few extra days. Jerking a customer around like that is not a way to get a good reputation.

I did purchasing for an alarm company. There was actually a few times when I had a vendor say they don't stock x parts but they could have their supplier drop ship something to me in X days or get it from a competitor in less time. Being up front like that will make you go back to the guy who had it out of stock just because you know he won't BS you.

As for problems with vendors -- I've seen a few vendors that I would have ordered from IF I could have figured out who they are and where they are. I like it when I visit a site and can click on "about us" or "contact us" and find out who I'm dealing with and where they're located. It's really nice if they also have a phone number listed. When I run across a site that isn't clear about who I'm dealing with, I won't order.

For some stuff it is hard to "buy local" (great for produce and food), not so easy for PV stuff.

I like the "about us" and "contact us" pages. Just the small touches that help a place feel like a Ma & Pa store. One place I ordered some juice from I looked at and they are half way between where I grew up and where my ex-wife and daughter live. Another place was over in Indiana (helped a friend of mine move there back in Sept). The places might not be local in the true sense of the word but feels good knowing I am putting money in the pockets of people who are helping the local economy.

I do like the idea of a "vendor community rating" like Uma mentioned. The Atty Friendly, Not Carto Friendly, ect. Maybe if a few vendors here see that and start picking it up it will catch on. Maybe mentioning it to some of the vendors we deal with might help see it flourish. It's a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread