You have three guesses on this new mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

gelam

Verified Member
Jul 5, 2012
Berea, Ky
Sorry guys, my photo didnt load. It is a photo of a glass fuel filter I pulled out of the garage I had on a old Monte Carlo. Google images and you will see what I am talking about. With some modification this would make a cool atomizer. I cant see how these tankomizer manufacturers can charge over $100 for these things when the fuel filter (glass and steel i might add) is only around $7!

Im thinking anyone with a small metal lathe, say from Harbor Freight, can make these things work rather cheaply.

My 2cents

gelam

Verified Member
Jul 5, 2012
Berea, Ky
Hey Gnatx,
I see your point, but how much r&d actually takes place? The cartomizer, I think you would agree, has been around for a while. In my mind the only thing really being r&ded is the tank that houses the cartomizer. Basically building a container that is durable and will not leak. A fuel filter although not being used for inhalation is designed to keep a highly volitale liquid contained while being under pressure from a pump and installed in a 150F-170F enviroment! IMO, change the orings to a inhalation acceptable material, modify the housing to except a cart and away we go.

I greatly appreciate your response, you have really peaked my interest on this one.

gnatx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2009
I didn't know you were referring to carto-tanks never seen one that cost $100. The ones that I have seen cost that much or more are the rebuildable ones like the line or ody. And they do have some r&d cost also the supply is limited and the demand is very high. You can make them for alot less but they don't look as good and prob not gonna get it exactly right on your first try.

But the reason I like to hang out on the modding section is to see the new ideas try alot of them myself. So Im very interested in seeing your "octane boosting" tank!! In other word pics plz(when u r done of corse

rondasherrill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2012
Valhalla
41suZCZ7t4L._SL500_AA280_.jpg
I think this is what is being referred to.

bzmotoninja83

ECF Live Chat Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2012
Hopewell, Va
I just thought about that. I have those at work. All you'd have to do to use those end caps is cut flush the nub on the bottom to insert your carto or what have you. The top could be cut or you can use one of the many threaded tips that come in the package as a tip.
I think the center might have to be widened a little bit to make it all fit but, I now have a cheap place to get a tank and/or caps.

Hhmmmmmm........

my name is Bill and I approve this message.

bzmotoninja83

ECF Live Chat Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2012
Hopewell, Va
Ha! That would be awesome...... the body could be the rod...... I looked at the filters that the OP spoke about. The main issue, besides cutting and fitting is, the two metal caps are threaded to each other inside. Depending on the Id of the tubeing tho, we might have a source of tough tanks!

(Paid for by the BZ MOTO Administration)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread