xtar vc4 help

Status
Not open for further replies.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Maybe it is "intelligently charging" your batteries.

Intelligently identify a battery's input power and automatically adjust suitable charging method and charging current from 0.1A to 1.0A and up to 0.5A*4 / 1.0A*2 max.
Clearly the max it will do for x 2 is 1.0A which doesn't explain why 0.1A... unless it's doing some clever stuff.

cnguyen

Mar 2, 2015
Canada
Maybe it is "intelligently charging" your batteries.

Clearly the max it will do for x 2 is 1.0A which doesn't explain why 0.1A... unless it's doing some clever stuff.
im charging 4x green samsung 25rs

having two batteries in it will charge at about 0.7amps, not 1amp

none of my other batteries charge at the full 1amp or .5

lamarrk

ECF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2013
Huntsville, Alabama (Rocket City), USA
If you place two (2) batteries in the charger in the outside slots (that would be slot 1 and 4) it will then charge at 1 amp. The two inside slots (slots 2 and 3) will only charge at .5 amp. I've also found the VC4 to go semi crazy with very low amperage charging. I had to reboot it (unplug the power cable and plug it back in) in order to get it working correctly again. Try doing that to yours to see if it will help.

Remember, if you stick a battery in slot 2 or 3, it drops the charge rate to .5 for all slots.

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
From what I know most of the intelligent chargers out there have an algorithm for charging batteries given certain conditions and settings. My Nitecore i4 max per channel is 0.25 or 0.5 amps, I've seen on a D2 it starts low to probe and test the battery to figure out what it is working with, then gradually goes up to max output per channel, then at about 80% charge it tapers back down to trickle charge the remaining 20%. Efest LUC and Xtar chargers follow about the same type of algorithms to condition and not stress the batteries as charging is the most dangerous time for a battery next to an open flame or dead short.

/edit
also remember, if the max input that is being provide from the wall is 2amps, that 2amps has to be split between every channel on the charger, 2 channels (1 amp each), 4 channels (0.5 amps each), etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread