hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I saw where people were saying that many of the testers didn't do reviews so I thought I'd start a thread where people could do just that.

I tested a sample of WTA liquid from Jerry. The liquid was very clear and appeared to have no color whatsoever. I have heard the mention of an ash taste but honestly did not pick up on that. The sample I got didn't seem to have any flavor at all. However the throat hit and feel of the vapor very much reminded me of how it feels to take a drag on a cigarette. I would describe the feel as more of a full throat hit compared to regular liquids and the feel of the vapor in the mouth and in the lungs is more realistic than any liquid I have tried in the past except for the other WTA I have had before. WTA wasn't new to me. I followed the "are we getting it" thread and was able to try WTA before. After vaping WTA I get a more relaxed feeling. With regular liquids it seems I am always craving something more and that is what led me to substituting my vaping with Swedish snus. Over time it has been more like substituting my snus with vaping. I struggled for a long time wondering why vaping alone wouldn't fully satisfy me like it did many others. If this had been available when I went thru that difficult time then maybe things would be different. I believe that WTA can help others out there that are struggling like I did.

bigboom

ECF Veteran
    Sep 2, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ
    This was my original review back on August 4. It was one of five samples I received and I did not know at the time that it was WTA. It was simply labeled PS82.

F82: I got the unflavored version and it is REALLY good. It appeared to be 100% VG and was very thick. Despite the thickness, I had no atty-clogging issues using both a 510 LR and a 901 LR. I drip so the thickness is not a concern for me but I do wonder if you could use it in cartos (oh well....someone else's problem). This juice had a slightly sweet tobacco taste, and at times, a somewhat "woody" flavor. There was a noticeably sweet flavor on the exhale. F82 provided excellent throat hit and excellent vapor production.

This impressed me as a premium juice and the closest comparison I can make is EcoPure Rich, but more flavorful and sweeter. It performed wonderfully. I loved it from the first hit until the all-to-soon-to-come last hit. I vape tobacco flavored juices from Prime Vaping, Backwoods Brew, Want 2 Vape, EcoPure, Vapor Station, and Halo. F82 can hold its own with these fine juices.

Would I buy this juice
    ? Absolutely. Considering overall performance and flavor, F82 is on my very short list of favorite juices. I hope Jerry is considering offering this in a 50/50 or 60/40 pg/vg blend. I can't help but imagine what the TH would be like with some pg in the mix. Despite my personal preference for such a blend, I would vape this regularly as is...oops...was.

I know this has been a long and laborious effort by Jerry but this sample clearly demonstrates his work has paid off. Exceptional juice.

Ceegary

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 20, 2011
    Phoenix
    This is what I posted on 8/16/'11 in another thread..
    "Living in Phoenix, I was lucky enough to test a new juice product that will change the way I vape and many others too. It's Whole Tobacco Alkaloid juice that will start being in the market next month. Whole Tobacco Alkaloid (WTA) Eliquid will soon be available at Aroma Ejuice

Here's my report on it...
    "All I can say is... WOW! The flavor is very subtle and not much to talk about, I may land up mixing it with other juice and I think many will do that. Firstly, the mouth taste is mild at first, but the throat sensation is amazing. We call it throat hit, but regular juice is mostly throat kick, hitting the throat with a burn that can get too much after a while and some peeps don't like it all. Some juices have something like pepper in it too kick more.

WTA gives a fuller throat sensation, activating sensors in a different part of the throat and very much like dragging on a cig. This doesn't replace that sensation, it mimics it. Then you get that light-headed feeling, like when you haven't had a smoke for a while, or hit your first morning smoke. It's quite powerful. The most amazing thing is; with regular vaping you never really get satisfied, even if you overnic, you just get sweaty and a little piqued, but not satisfied. After my first 5 hits I had to put the stuff down, I was good. In fact I went and got some pizza that was being served and ate before I vaped again. You actually get the cig-full feeling.Then the other thing about it is when you do put it down, you feel calmer, very much like a cig calms you down. Could actually vape it before sleeping, in fact one of the group who's been trying out for longer says it actually helps her to go to sleep.

No question this can revolutionize vaping. Not sure if I'd like to vape it straight a few times a day in between regular vaping, mix it a little with a regular juice when I do that, or just add a little bit to all my juice. Will have to feel my way with that.

The downside is..it's VERY pricey to make. Don't know how the price will be if it takes off, because to make large quantities will take a lot of up front cost for major equipment, but the supplies used in the extraction process are mucho expensive.I do think a ml a day will be enough for the average vapor to get the satisfaction but someone looking to get the exact experience of a 2 pak a day habit will be paying a lot for that.

If I had this stuff when I first started vaping...two things. First it would have made giving up smoking even easier. Second, I could well have developed a totally different style of vaping, not getting so into the flavors and vaping constantly, but just settling on one good tobacco flavor, mixing in the WTA and vaping as many times a day as I used to smoke. Have to see which way I go now, but to some it up, the stuff is AMAZING!”

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 26, 2009
    San Tan Valley, Arizona
    I was one of Jerry's lucky early beta testers since I'm local.

Since starting vaping almost 3 years ago, I normally vaped 18-24mg e-liquid all day long... pretty much chain vaping and not feeling very satisfied and always felt like something changed for me, and I wasn't too happy about it. I turned to trying snus and snuff about 8 months into vaping. They helped but some gastric issues have kept me from using snus... and snuff? Well, it has it's little brown nose drawback. LOL

After a serious personal and emotional time at the beginning of the year (both of my parents passed away), I gave in and went back to smoking around 10-15 or so cigarettes a day (and vaping) due to the stress. I was amazed how "normal" I felt when I went back to smoking a bit (due to the MAOI in tobacco smoke). While I could force myself to keep it down to a maximum of 10/day, I found I couldn't go without 4-5 cigarettes a day.

Then Jerry's WTA liquid came out for beta testing.

My first bottle of Jerry's WTA was the F-82 16mg. After 4 hits, I sat back and found myself giving that satisfied sighhhhhh that I do when I smoke. Wow. I didn't have a cigarette the rest of the day. Jerry then gave me bumped up versions at 20mg and 24mg. Moar Wow... exactly the results I was hoping for.

I use a single atomizer for the WTA and drip 3 drops in and vape it away (usually around 5-8 drags). I add my own e-liquid afterward when I want to just utilize any WTA still in the atomizer (and give some flavor), but I find I don't have an urge to smoke.

The WTA allowed me to actually set down the PV and get some things accomplished. It's definitely giving me back that "What's Missing" factor that e-liquids previously didn't. WTA liquid was exactly what I was looking for to get my happy back!

I found the flavor to be very subtle, mostly from the VG or PG. The throat hit is natural and satisfying, similar to smoking but without any throat irritation.

I also find that using it 3 drops at a time, and only 3 or 4 times a day (when ever I get the urge to smoke) means the cost isn't going to be that bad and a small bottle will last a while (around 20 drops equals one ml.) I'm using around 12 drops a day, so I figure I used around 1/2ml a day. YMMV

Congrats Jerry! This is a terrific product.

Last edited:

snork

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 30, 2011
    CO
    Having received my "P-51 Unflavored WTA Eliquid" exactly a half-hour ago, this is obviously a first impression.
    I dropped two drops onto a debridged 1.8 ohm 306 with which I had been vaping a mild tobacco flavor previously. My first vape I immediately (I mean immediately, not 15 minutes later) felt a calm come over me, the post-smoke relaxation which has been but a vivid memory for me for the last six months.

While I have only taken a couple drags off an analog during that time (I consider myself fully converted to vaping), my life during that six months has been a Don Quixote type adventure tilting at windmills with my PV. My PV is constantly hanging out of my mouth, usually at 24mg nic, a constant infusion with which I've been keeping the evil giant at bay. I've always known that this has been compensation for something I've been missing but I've never been able to put my finger on it. It's always seemed excessive to chain-vape 16 hours a day. Don't get me wrong, I love to vape and I love my nicotine, but something is wrong with my picture.

Back to the WTA...
    One of the other things I immediately noticed was a profoundly satisfying throat hit. As Hellen said, "natural", not a burning or artificially induced substitute...it's hard to describe. Kind of like a soothing lotion with a tickle in it.
    Putting a couple more drops in after my previous flavor had subsided I was able to discern a faint nutty flavor, but by and large I would deem WTA flavorless.

I feel like I have a dram of gold the alchemists have transmuted from lead. I'm not really sure how I should handle it or what true value it will have for me. What direction will it take me? Will I purchase more? We'll see...and I'll be sure to post more of my experiences as they occur.

What I can say now is that I like it. A lot. It is very clear to me that WTA could have an important role in many people's lives. I feel very fortunate to have had this opportunity to try it. Many thanks to Jerry, DVAP and the others involved in its production.

Jackiej5407

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 27, 2011
    Houston, TX
    My experience with WTA is not the same as the above posters (sorry, my friend Hellen) ... but we are, indeed, all different in this Vape Life. I received my WTA yesterday. I was a bit surprised when I ordered, that a 4 ml (?) bottle would cost $18 (including shipping), but that is beside the point. I vaped it yesterday by dripping on my 901 ... and at first felt a mild "high" ... a pleasant dizzy feeling. In retrospect, I wonder if it was a psychological response. After all, I had read about and anticipated WTA for months. The flavor was an extremely mild, almost undetectable, nutty flavor. Today, I dripped about 5 drops into each of 2 cartos filled with my 2 favorite e-juices ... did this on three different occasions ... I honestly cannot tell anything different. It's possible that if the price ever drops to something more reasonable, I may try it again. Color me disappointed. And feeling a little let-down. I do honestly hope that others who continue to smoke analogs, as I do, find this to be The Answer. I do not.

AlmightyGod

My friends call me A.G.
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 23, 2010
    Vaping Heaven
    My experience with WTA is not the same as the above posters (sorry, my friend Hellen) ... but we are, indeed, all different in this Vape Life. I received my WTA yesterday. I was a bit surprised when I ordered, that a 4 ml (?) bottle would cost $18 (including shipping), but that is beside the point. I vaped it yesterday by dripping on my 901 ... and at first felt a mild "high" ... a pleasant dizzy feeling. In retrospect, I wonder if it was a psychological response. After all, I had read about and anticipated WTA for months. The flavor was an extremely mild, almost undetectable, nutty flavor. Today, I dripped about 5 drops into each of 2 cartos filled with my 2 favorite e-juices ... did this on three different occasions ... I honestly cannot tell anything different. It's possible that if the price ever drops to something more reasonable, I may try it again. Color me disappointed. And feeling a little let-down. I do honestly hope that others who continue to smoke analogs, as I do, find this to be The Answer. I do not.

I would recommend vaping the WTA (18mg nic) e-liquid straight...dripping it preferably.
    It's possible you have diluted it down and aren't feeling the effects in the carto, especially when mixed with other juice.

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 26, 2009
    San Tan Valley, Arizona
    Hi Jackie!

Honestly, I think WTA is best used straight up (I never did mix mine with regular liquid and didn't try it in a carto for that reason). I used it approximately 3-5 times a day (about every 3-4 hours), directly dripping it (2 or 3 drops) on an atomizer bridge, and vaping it away to get the full effect. Perhaps give that method of use a try for a day, rather than diluting it in the liquid. I think you'll find a better result.

Also, maybe vape a bit less of it so you don't get that buzz (unless of course, you want that :) ) and you'll probably get more of the relaxed feeling from it. There is no exact "dosage" for this stuff. It's all a bit of an experiment for each individual until you find what works for you.

snork

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 30, 2011
    CO
    Hi Jackie!

Honestly, I think WTA is best used straight up (I never did mix mine with regular liquid and didn't try it in a carto for that reason). I used it approximately 3-5 times a day (about every 3-4 hours), directly dripping it (2 or 3 drops) on an atomizer bridge, and vaping it away to get the full effect. Perhaps give that method of use a try for a day, rather than diluting it in the liquid. I think you'll find a better result.
    I agree. When I mixed it with another juice any benefit was obscured.

I can say now though, that having dripped it twice today and also continued to vape the WTA/juice mixture, I have vaped far less than usual. Hmmm.

radiokaos

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 11, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ
    www.aromaejuice.com
    Hmmmmmm ... we are certainly in unexplored territory! I think Jerry should give some input.

Jackie,

You are right this is unexplored territory but I would still like to offer some input. First and foremost I need to stress that WTA affects each person differently. Each person is different when it comes to brain chemistry and usage. Second, there are several variables to add to the mix when trying WTA for the first time. One of the major variables that comes to mind is nicotine dosage. If you are a heavy nic user of 36MG's one would guess that 18 MG may be a little too low for you.

I went with 18MG on this roll out because I would rather error on the side of caution.

So if I read your post right ....when you vaped WTA by itself you were feeling something different. However when you mixed it with your other juices you did not get the same feeling you got earlier.

I would like to mention that anyone who paid $6.00 for shipping will be getting a small refund plus a sample or two of my new juice line in a few days. I'm working very hard to increase our output and production demands. Once that is solved I'm sure you will see a reduction in cost for our WTA.

Before I put my foot in my mouth maybe Dvap can stop by and offer some additional insight.

Last edited:

DVap

Nicotiana Alchemia
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 26, 2009
    I think 30+ mg is awfully strong for WTA and probably too much for most folks.

18 mg seems to strike up a good balance between too much and too little. Down around 10 mg, I think it starts to lose it's "character", and up around 30 mg, it can be overpowering. The "sweet spot" is probably in the 18 - 24 mg range.

Ceegary

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 20, 2011
    Phoenix
    I think that some peeps are maybe expecting too much from WTA. For those of us that remember in the past being smoke-free for a while and then breaking down and having a cig...The first one usually gives a dizzy feeling, there is a bit of a rush and then there's that satisfied, calming feeling. After that it diminishes and after a while there's that sucking down a smoke and sometimes not ever realizing having had one.

Personally I did have all of the effects of the first smoke the first time I tried WTA. I haven't had enough of a stash of WTA to use it many times a day, so I've been vaping it only once or twice a day. The "rush" isn't as strong as the first time, but definitely discernable, but what I love about it is the satiation and calming effect is there every time.

I'm not sure I'd like to vape it all day, but I definitely always want it around for the following circumstances..
    Feeling jittery.
    Craving for an analog.
    Going to be out for a while where I can't vape.
    Going to bed:blush:

radiokaos

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 11, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ
    www.aromaejuice.com
    For me, 30mg is just right but have no doubt that it would be too strong for some..

I think you have a IV drip of nicotine before you start your day. :)

I thought I was hardcore but 30MG is way too strong for me.

A quick side note....I"m a dripper and rarely use carts. However I think you get a better experience from WTA if you are dripping vs using a cart.

Last edited:

radiokaos

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 11, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ
    www.aromaejuice.com
    I usually start my morning with about twenty minutes of chain vaping 32mg menthol and an extra strong snus(thunder berry 16mg) and that holds me over til around 9 besides maybe a couple more hits on the pv and sometimes a couple pinches of snuff.

WOW....is that 32MG of regular menthol?

Hardcore sounds like it.....:)

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    WOW....is that 32MG of regular menthol?

Hardcore sounds like it.....:)

It's 32mg silverleaf menthol. It just takes what seems like a lot to me to get me going in the morning. I didn't mean to get off topic. Sorry about that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread