Would you like to Text MadVapes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone!

This is Paul from madvapes. I'm thinking about setting up a phone text support for madvapes. It will be a number you can text from your phone. To ask simple questions, concerns, praises or to send a simple Hello or carry on a normal conversation. This will not replace our Ticket System. This is for simple things like "What are Atomizers?"... "When do you think you will get more passthroughs in?". Things of that sort. For the complex questions and issues on orders please still use our Ticket System at www.madvapeshelp.com. If you think this would be a good idea leave some feedback. If we get enough people to like this the number will be up around Christmas time. Also if you aren't friends with us on Facebook don't hesitate to add us.
Www.Facebook.com/Madvapes.

Thanks from Madvapes and Happy Holidays!

Xanax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
East Coast
Yeah it would be cool but are we going to be charged more than our normal phone plan charges for texts, if we text you? What I'm asking is, do you get paid when we text you? Because some businesses are sneaky like that and you text them a few times and when your bill shows up a month later it's $300 because you were unknowingly donating 3 dollars every text you sent (rofl
NOT personal experience). Just checking so no one else asks this question.

To Xanax,

No texting us will not charge you or give us money. This is a personal number that I will have around Christmas. Long story short I am getting a Tablet from my girlfriend as a Christmas gift from T-mobile. That Tablet will have a number that I can only text from. I already have a phone with calls and text. So I have no use of this number that I will be getting on the tablet, so I thought it would be a good idea to set something up like this to help out our costumers. This number is nonprofitable it is a regular number just like any cell phone would be.

Hi Paul,

I think this is a good idea but I just want to point out that lots of people have an expectation that txting warrants an immediate reply and they get annoyed if it doesn't happen. I've noticed this with emails as well but the expectation for txting is a lot worse. I imagine you've run into type I'm thinking about :mad: if you don't drop everything immediately.

The other question is what's going to happen once the girlfriend gets the tablet? How are you going to monitor the txt messages than?

Just something to think about.

P.S. just received my first order from you and the S.O. has taken the Candy Cane juice and hidden it. When I ask her about it she just smiles with a :confused: look and asks "What Juice." But she is cute about it.:wub:

theECB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2009
Everett, WA
upinvapor.blogspot.com
Huge MadVapes fan here. I personally wouldn't use it. Don't want to knock the idea by any means and it shows just how dedicated to CS you are. However, be leary of those that say they'll use it. Trust me, folks have a way of over guess-amating their actual usage for something like this.

crouton976

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2009
Personally, I think it's a fantastic idea. Also, if you didn't want a personal number (even if it was just a tablet you could text from) why not set up a Google Voice number that people can text and you can text from. Plus, Google Voice has unlimited texts, making a great idea for avoiding problems with those who would abuse it.

BTW, is it the Samsung Galaxy Tablet? If so, there's a Google Voice app you could use for this as well.

-Creighton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread