Worrying PayPal policy update

Status
Not open for further replies.

no0b

Sep 6, 2010
Romania
I got a contract update from PayPal through email today with some very worrying updates.
This is a small part from the multi page update:

Section 8 has been amended in the following ways:
the second paragraph of section 8 has been amended to clarify the circumstances in which you can and cannot send or receive personal transaction payments and how and when fees are incurred for sending personal transaction payments, with corresponding deletions in the fee table. The relevant paragraph now reads as follows:

“As far as personal transactions are concerned, please note that:
you cannot send money for a PayPal personal transaction from some countries, including Germany or China;

WTF??? :censored:
And as far as I can tell this only applies to Romanian customers who use PayPal (or maybe I understood it wrong and it is the Chinese and German who can't use it towards Romania?). I really don't get it. I know my country has a really bad reputation over the borders, but this just sucks.
2 weeks ago I tried to order something from England and they refused payment with a short email saying "We are no longer accepting payments from Romania". :nah:
So that is 1 of my suppliers off the list. Now comes the second....

I've been buying from Eastmall since last year's December without problems. I know this is purely PayPal's decision, but if I won't be able to send payments to China any more how will I be able to do my shopping? :blink:

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
I got a contract update from PayPal through email today with some very worrying updates.
This is a small part from the multi page update:

Section 8 has been amended in the following ways:
the second paragraph of section 8 has been amended to clarify the circumstances in which you can and cannot send or receive personal transaction payments and how and when fees are incurred for sending personal transaction payments, with corresponding deletions in the fee table. The relevant paragraph now reads as follows:

“As far as personal transactions are concerned, please note that:
you cannot send money for a PayPal personal transaction from some countries, including Germany or China;

WTF??? :censored:
And as far as I can tell this only applies to Romanian customers who use PayPal (or maybe I understood it wrong and it is the Chinese and German who can't use it towards Romania?). I really don't get it. I know my country has a really bad reputation over the borders, but this just sucks.
2 weeks ago I tried to order something from England and they refused payment with a short email saying "We are no longer accepting payments from Romania". :nah:
So that is 1 of my suppliers off the list. Now comes the second....

I've been buying from Eastmall since last year's December without problems. I know this is purely PayPal's decision, but if I won't be able to send payments to China any more how will I be able to do my shopping? :blink:

Well, yes, -- that sux -----

I kniow that paypal is the only method of payment we accept ----

you could contact David and ask if there is another way for you --

sales@eastmall.net

or - go to talk to him in the live online chat on the new web site.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread