• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

WORLD / SCIENCE & HEALTH Jury still out on whether e-cigarettes are safe AFP-JIJI FEB 18, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lilkurty

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2013
Canada

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 7
Thanks for this ehy.

I read the reply and it had a powerful fact I didn't know about. Have you ever heard the FDA approved "Nicotine Inhaler"?

Here was one person's reply on this article.

"Since e-cigarettes utilize the same pharmaceutical-grade nicotine as the medicinal nicotine inhaler (or "inhalator" as it is called in some places), we should expect that the death rate from using an e-cigarette would be exactly the same--zero. Indeed, the US Food and Drug Administration has been collecting adverse events reports on e-cigarettes and has only received 47 since 2008. None of these could be definitely linked to use of the devices, and the death rate stands at zero. Meanwhile, in the US, approximately 397,000 adult smokers die every year from lung disease, heart attacks, strokes, and cancers triggered by smoking. If e-cigarette users died at the same rate, we would be seeing over 30,000 annual deaths instead of zero."

Thanks for the post.

Lilkurty

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2013
Canada
Thanks for this ehy.

I read the reply and it had a powerful fact I didn't know about. Have you ever heard the FDA approved "Nicotine Inhaler"?

Here was one person's reply on this article.

"Since e-cigarettes utilize the same pharmaceutical-grade nicotine as the medicinal nicotine inhaler (or "inhalator" as it is called in some places), we should expect that the death rate from using an e-cigarette would be exactly the same--zero. Indeed, the US Food and Drug Administration has been collecting adverse events reports on e-cigarettes and has only received 47 since 2008. None of these could be definitely linked to use of the devices, and the death rate stands at zero. Meanwhile, in the US, approximately 397,000 adult smokers die every year from lung disease, heart attacks, strokes, and cancers triggered by smoking. If e-cigarette users died at the same rate, we would be seeing over 30,000 annual deaths instead of zero."

Thanks for the post.

Indeed, the FDA would like anything that they could use to discredit ecigs, but they cannot find anything and so continue to manufacture and perpetuate lies. They simply cannot believe that a better and simpler (and more effective nicotine delivery system was invented, and not by American Pharma!!)

I like this article back from 2009 and especially this quote:

StarTribune - Print Page

"This is exactly what the tobacco companies have been afraid of all these years, an alternative method of delivering nicotine that is actually enjoyable," said David Sweanor, an adjunct law professor at the University of Ottawa who specializes in tobacco issues. "It took the Chinese, who are very entrepreneurial, and not burdened with all kinds of regulation, to take the risk."

...posted by me, currently vaping in the AMEX lounge of
Toronto Pearson airport (where ecigs are supposed to be banned)...mine sailed through Customs and TSA checkpoints proudly dsiplayed in a clear baggie just waiting for someone to tell me that I couldn't have it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread