Status
Not open for further replies.

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2015
Toledo, Ohio
Hi, all.
I'm new to blue raspberry flavor in general and I'm trying to clone a commercial mix for a friend. air factory's Blue Razz, which is apparently a taffy flavor. My friend gave me a little of his liquid, and I got the blue razz part, also tasted like maybe bubblegum (bubblicious type) and cotton candy which must be the taffy part, and a hint of something fruity on the back end which I thought might be an apple flavor.
That's what I got out of it anyway.
So far I'm working with Sour Blue Raspberry WF as the main flavoring. I like that by itself at 7% or higher. I came up with a recipe and got a few flavors, and shake and vape it's not really close to what I was going for. Which is not a surprise, work in progress. I'm going to steep it a bit and see how it changes, but I think I need a taffy flavoring, and something to make the blue raspberry pop a little.
A good taffy base is needed to get it close as a clone, and I'm a bit of a stranger to candy / taffy flavors, so that's probably where I need the most advice.

-Blue Razz AF Clone V1
9% Sour Blue Raspberry WF
2% Bubblegum FLV
2% Circus Cotton Candy TFA
1.5% Fuji Apple CAP

Initial tasting after mixing was bubblegum forward, and not the right kind, more like old fashioned rubbery bubblegum and the blue raspberry was a little subdued. I do understand this profile may change as it sits, but I think I need some different flavorings in there. Maybe even a little sweetener since I'm trying to mimic a commercial liquid, but I thought the cotton candy might take care of that, and the WF Sour Blue Rasp is somewhat sweet also.

Thanks for any advice!

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2015
Toledo, Ohio
A lot of blue raspberry recipes I see use a blueberry and a raspberry separately. I've only use Purilum Raspberry and I don't think that would be right for this, and I have not tried any blueberry flavorings yet. I'm more of a dessert flavor vaper myself.
Going to keep trying with the Sour Blue Raspberry WF I have for now.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
If your friend wants to buy some of the Air Factory Blue Razz eliquid on Clearance...while you're tweaking the clone for him:

EjuiceSteals is having a Halloween Sale, with 20% off sitewide. The code is just 20OFF. They have the AF Blue Razz in regular eliquid (in 3mg and in 6mg 100mL bottles for $7.99) and in the Salt Nic version (in 35mg and in 50mg 30mL bottles for $4.99) on Clearance already. But...I'd try the additional 20% off code, too. There was no disclaimer in their email about the Sale, that said Clearance items aren't included in the sitewide sale.

Search Results

Last edited:

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
I have no ideas here. Did the Fuji apple give it some tartness or what did it add?. FA forest fruit at 1% might add some tartness without adding too much of the wrong berry flavor. Its a strawberry blueberry blackberry blend. I used a small bit with Fuji apple just to add a touch of tartness. As far as the taffy profile, I'm drawing a blank. And blue raspberry is a flavor I simply dont like so I really don't know. Maybe some marshmallow in the mix. Might work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread