Status
Not open for further replies.

Sad Society

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
I'm on the path to building a box mod but I'm having trouble deciding what housing to use.

I've looked at hundreds of enclosures online and I found one that measures up to par with what I want to build. But then I changed my mind and want to use a wooden enclosure instead.

The enclosure I was thinking of using is black and it would look nice. But it got me thinking...with buttons and all, I don't want it to look like a bomb. If you know what I mean.

Then I saw the Man Cave Mod that is made out of wood and uses the dna chip. And a wood box looks nice and less like some kind of dangerous device.

I know I can just buy a wooden box ecig flat out, such as the Man Cave Mod. But I would like to make my own and I was wondering if there are premade box enclosures for sell anywhere. Just the wood box without any electronics. Thanks.

Mike36609

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2012
Mobile, AL
I looked for the same thing when I first got the modding bug, still haven't built a wood mod yet, built many non-wood mods though. I did find this site and was able to locate some possible boxes for mods, but that was awhile ago, and I'm not sure what they have now.

Unfinished Wood Boxes - Wood Boxes

Last edited:

mre777

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2012
Daytona Beach

Sad Society

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
A search for wooden pill box at amazon.com brings up good contenders.

Thanks, those look good. But now I think I'm just gonna make my own.

I came across this a while back and it inspired me to make my own wood box.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/modding-forum/341949-how-build-3-7v-wood-mod.html
With some glue, a saw, and some willpower you can do it to any shape and size you want :D O and the hobby board at home depo.
Have a look at my wood box thingy,
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/battery-mods/384923-wood-brass-steampunky-hammer-mod-w-dna20.html

Thanks for the replies. I found the first link you posted yesterday and saved the page for future 'DIY' reference. Now I'm just inspired to build my own wooden box mod to the tune of something special that only I would have.

It probably feels pretty good when someone asks you where you bought your Ecig and you say 'I didn't buy it. I made it.'

mre777

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2012
Daytona Beach
It probably feels pretty good when someone asks you where you bought your Ecig and you say 'I didn't buy it. I made it.'
Yeah it does and even people that don't vape ask about it. When I tell them their like "You made that!?!" and "That's so cool" :D
Good luck on your build and keep us posted on what you come up with.

fourtytwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2012
Toronto
I highly doubt you will find any ready made enclosures in wood by themselves.
I would have to believe that making the enclosure is a large proportion of the time and effort to produce the complete mod. Also, keep in mind the fact that it would be impossible to produce a universal enclosure to suit all the variables of battery, button and board configurations.
Two options might be to see if there is a local woodworking club in your area. Some clubs may have a member or two who would be willing to do small commission work. Or you may have some friends who do woodworking as a hobby and may do this for the cost of some beer and the supplies.

Sonar505

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread