Status
Not open for further replies.

scrapperdog5

Feb 11, 2011
Kansas
Dual Coil 510 Mega Cartomizer, 5 Pack

Trying at 6 volt.

This is what it says on the bottom.
Please note that these are not sutiable for eGo, 510, 901 or mosfet driven type batteries. These are meant to be used with 3.7 volt mods with a switch capable of handling 2 or more amps. Simple testing shows that although these are low resistance, they work wonderfully on 5 and 6 volt devices. Your results may vary and the protection circuits on some batteries at higher voltages may see these as a short and not work.

You think a 3.7 volt battery is the answer? Or is the 2 amp switch the problem?
Thanks for insight.

AmyB66

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
In A Padded Cell
Hey Scrapperdog,
Bruce said these are suppose to be the cats ... at six volts but I have been holding off on buying them till I see if this is just another fad or really all that.

I'd really appreciate if you would continue to post your trial and errors with those things in this thread. I sure don't want to drop 14 bucks on a five pack if they aren't better than a regular high performance carto.

Last edited:

quakereject

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2009
Arizona
Hey Scrapperdog,
Bruce said these are suppose to be the cats ... at six volts but I have been holding off on buying them till I see if this is just another fad or really all that.

I'd really appreciate if you would continue to post your trial and errors with those things in this thread. I sure don't want to drop 14 bucks on a five pack if they aren't better than a regular high performance carto.

Actually, Just got a 5pk in because I was a little drunk one night and pulled the trigger on a sale.

They suck at 3.7v which leads me to believe that marketing these as LR/1.5ohm is a bad idea as they work perfectly at 6v, better than my normal cartomizers by a tad, however I don't know if it's worth the extra cash for a small bit of improvement.

Anyways, on topic, your batteries may be not up to the task Scrapper, I use the AW LiFePo4's and have no issues whatsoever with the dual coil cartomizers. Not sure if they're still having the sale, but Jerseyvapes.com has a 30% off code DUAL30 for their dual coil XL cartos. They're quite a bit longer which would lead me to believe they hold more.. the question is whether they burn through liquid quicker making the extra capacity only equal that of a regular cartomizer.

Also their Dragonfruit flavor is spot on.

quakereject

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2009
Arizona
You should drink more often Quake! I always like it when you go first. I'll try dang near anything, but someone else who I trust has to always go first!
Then again, I've done some crazy stuff just because someone even crazier than me went first, dang near killed myself a few times!

Well the deciding factor was the 30% off, made em 10.48 or somethng for a pack of 5, not bad. Not as good as 7 bucks for my 5 normals but if I could get them at 10 bucks a pack consistently I might actually switch. The flavor is actually much better and I can even take a longer vape without getting that hint of burn.

scrapperdog5

Feb 11, 2011
Kansas
10 1/2 hours later the battery just turned green.

My first impressions are that they are not worth the extra money, average performance IMO, lets see how long they last. That is a big factor to me. They could end up being OK but but not great or really crappy deal.

At the very least it is good to know the problem was battery related and my beloved Chuck.

Last edited:

quakereject

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2009
Arizona
10 1/2 hours later the battery just turned green.

My first impressions are that they are not worth the extra money, average performance IMO, lets see how long they last. That is a big factor to me. They could end up being OK but but not great or really crappy deal.

At the very least it is good to know the problem was battery related and my beloved Chuck.

Yeah, at 3.7 I don't find them to be anything similar to anything LR.

At 6v I find them to be a good stride better than a regular cartomizer, they hold more.. but will in turn use more so I think it will even out. The flavor comes out much better for me than a normal carto. I just don't see the point in calling these LR, it seems the two work together in tandem to make it 3.0 +_ 0.2 ohms rather than actually 1.5ohm.

AmyB66

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
In A Padded Cell
I caved and pulled the trigger on these Quake. Ordered two packs since you liked them. :) COV has them on special too.
I pondered for a while, decided against the attys because cartos are what makes me happy, I guess I shouldn't mess with that.

Currently I am vaping my brains out to empty the five clearomizers I filled up for my hubby's trip (he didn't use them and I notice the juice turns horrid colors if left in these things too long) still trying to get that man on the vaping thing, not much luck. I wish he would because then I would not feel like such a heal ordering vaping stuff since I would be cancelling out his cigs! My motivations are somewhat selfish but then again, he's already inhaled a lifetime a junk from his work and I'll be damned to have given this man the best years of my life so that he can up and drop on me when we get a bit older.

quakereject

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2009
Arizona
I caved and pulled the trigger on these Quake. Ordered two packs since you liked them. :) COV has them on special too.
I pondered for a while, decided against the attys because cartos are what makes me happy, I guess I shouldn't mess with that.

Currently I am vaping my brains out to empty the five clearomizers I filled up for my hubby's trip (he didn't use them and I notice the juice turns horrid colors if left in these things too long) still trying to get that man on the vaping thing, not much luck. I wish he would because then I would not feel like such a heal ordering vaping stuff since I would be cancelling out his cigs! My motivations are somewhat selfish but then again, he's already inhaled a lifetime a junk from his work and I'll be damned to have given this man the best years of my life so that he can up and drop on me when we get a bit older.

Well, they're consistent so far, but after 2 refills my Dingleberry carto is really getting mucked up a lot faster than with a normal. The taste is getting older quicker, having to clean after only 2 refills is not my thing but then again the one I have dragonfruit in is doing just fine and I'm on 3 refills... might just be the viscosity or amount of extra crap in the liquid.

AmyB66

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
In A Padded Cell
Still stalking the mailbox....I've noticed the mail has slowed down over the past month, what use to take two/three days now takes three to five days.
It better come today, my torque carto fried (it was due) and I need to fill up a new one. I am holding off so I can try the dual coil without starting up another regular one. Oh well, I have two maps and three clearomizers that I am slowly emptying out.

ETA: They're heerrre. OOOHHhhhh...head rush.....and ewww, Quake, am I crazy or do I detect primer in these? A tad on the odd tasting side but I'll break it in over the next couple days and see how it goes. I bought two packs, the black ones were in a different box and not wrapped, the stainless ones are wrapped. Definitely needs a shorter button hit and that puts it in the ce2 catagory for me, I like to take a big long hold down that switch kind of drag. FYI, it did not fire at all on the five volt chuck, worked fine on 3.7 but best on the 6 volt.

I think this is it with the experimental accessory playing. Unless this thing breaks in like a champ, I am going to stick to the regular boge 510s ....I have almost a year in with those and aside from an occassional rank one, they have proven to be the most consistant thing so far. I guess if I feel the urge to blow some dough down the road, I'll just get another chuck! :)

I think I am gonna drown this thing in more juice and let it sit for the night. I've taken about 6 hits off of it and now have a horrid primer like headache. Not sure if it is primer or just burning filler or juice in an odd way.

ETA again:
I got two different boxes, different sized and different markings. The black ones were not individually wrapped and thats the one that taste awful. Before asking Bruce what is up I filled up the other one, SS and individually wrapped. Wow, now that was what I was hoping for, it is pretty dang awesome. I posted at cov to ask Bruce if they are different manufacturers because yeah, I think I will keep these in supply but I want this particular SS one and not the nasty one!
I went thru this with the 510 cartos when they first came out too, just because it says one thing does not make it equal to what you think is the same thing.
So five hours latter, I am changing my mind on these....one just has to get the rockin ones. Freakin gonna vape my brains out. That's one big hot hit and yet the carto itself is not getting super hot. Haven't got a head rush like this since I smoked.
I cannot wait to hit this thing with my morning coffee, this is by far the closest I've gotten to that first hit off a smoke in the morning....might actually be smiling before six a.m. for a change. At least there still is hope for my poor family members who on rare occasion stumble into my path in the morning-they all go out of there way to avoid me like the plague.

Last edited:

quakereject

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2009
Arizona
Not once have I tasted primer from these. I have one pack from Jerseyvapes, and one pack from CoV, both stickered black (though i peel them off.) and have 0 problems with either performance/flavor wise. I've gotten one dud that was burnt flavor all the way which was probably just a bad setting on the sock but I chucked it since it was god awful burnt tasting and didn't want to try to revive it.

Yeah, the 6v hit is amazing, and it's like a quick puff from a cig for me so it's exactly how I like it. Just have to keep them wet all through or the wadding will get gunked up quickly and you'll have an old taste really fast. Made that mistake with the first few but now that I've gotten more learned on their quirks I've had the same japanese plum one going for 4 days straight with no adverse downturn in flavor.

AmyB66

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
In A Padded Cell
Bruce told me they were the same manufacturer. I went and filled up another black one, this time I gave it plenty of time to soak in and it was fine so I either got a dud or the first one didn't soak all the way to the bottom and fried out. They are juice hogs and battery suckers (one set of batts doesn't get me past five p.m. but yeah, I am hooked on these things. I did order two more boxes (on sale at cov-less than 11 bucks after discount)

I think I'll use my regular cartos for the 'lighter fruity' stuff (gots some Deejstuff, going right now, hypnotic champagne, really good) and save the duals for the halo and bwb stuff.

Thanks for sharing all the info Quake. After some of the dissapointing trial and error accessories, I almost passed on these. Glad I didn't!

AmyB66

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
In A Padded Cell
Just wanted to update that the dual coils did last a good long while, and I am very pleased with that. Probably would like them a lot more if I could have ran them at 6 volts as I like a harsh vape.

Five/six volts is actually what they are intended for SD. I've actually been using them nonstop since this thread started. The fluke was I got a bum one on the first go. I am pretty happy with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread