Wizard Evolved by Mark Bugs. Mini review-presentation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

professeur

Verified Member
Jun 20, 2013
Athens, Greece
A mini review for Wizard Evolved by Mark Bugs.

Was searching a tube mod with DNA20D (don't like a lot the boxes). There aren't many for sale at this time. The Wizard Evolved (WE) was the answer at my "question". The price was a little pain for my card but i will fight it (with my wife). The reasons were the titanium, the DNA20D and the design.. :)

Some words about the WE and the DNA20.

For the WE. The site with the specs: Wizard EVOLVED

+ The construction is very nice and solid. The buttons are smooth and practical.
+ Extremely light. 51 grams (the L version). A 18650 battery alone weights about 45 grams.
+ The mod is "small". Beside eVic, expect the weight, it seems and feels very tiny. The same feeling is at he hand when you use it.
+ The top cover with the connector is removable. Easier cleaning and probably a future add on for an atty to make it hybrid.
+ Very nice package from aluminium.
- A little (or more) expensive from what i was thought when i first see it.

For the DNA20D (a lot of posts for this but just my two cents). Info: http://evolvapor.com/wp-content/uploads/dna20.pdf

+ powerful. Period..
+ smooth and, same time, "hard" vape.
+ nice screen with all the necessary info available at once (volt, watt, ohm, battery).
+ easy change for the orientation of the screen and the stealth mode.
- not on/off mode. You can just lock the fire button with 5 pushes. Dont like this. It would me more practical if its, lets say, 4 clicks for lock and 6 clicks for on/off.
- the "smooth" buttons makes necessity the locking before putting it into the bag. Was firing alone and gets at the 20watt limit when (the first time) i put it unlocked at the bag.
- not good step down. With a Samsung battery 2600 mah at 60% charge and with a 1.4 ohm coil all was ok from 7 watts and up. But when i put a fully charged Panasonic 3400 mah with the same coil the ohm at the screen was flashing (this tells you that the step down does not working) until 7.8 watts. At 7.8 watts the step down starts working. I knew it already the the DNA20 was not "friendly" for low watts and resistance but now i see it in use. Will try with 1.8-2.0 Ohms next time to see it but i suppose it will work ok at this range.

Some photos:

IMG_2018.jpg

IMG_2019.jpg

IMG_2021.jpg

IMG_2024.jpg

IMG_2029.jpg

IMG_2030.jpg

IMG_2031.jpg

IMG_2025.jpg

IMG_2026.jpg

IMG_2027.jpg

IMG_2028.jpg

This is my first review (a little small, i must admit :oops:) so be polite. :)

Thanks for reading.

jkim5708

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2012
So Cali
- the 21mm od make it hard to find a atty to sit flush.
- the 510 connector is fixed no play so most atty can't thread all the way down. 1mm gap
- button placement for voltage settings weird location would like to have the fire button on top and the adjustment buttons on bottom
+ lightweight and sexy...I think it's a bit feminine IMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread