With all the talk of Staph please pray

Status
Not open for further replies.

vleath

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 6, 2010
Dallas
Last night when my mom got home she told me that the doctors were not taking her off life support but did want to have a DNR in place that there is not anything more they can do.

The staph turned into something else I dont know what she called it but it coats your organs. Her kidneys and liver and lungs have shut down they said that most likely it will shut down her heart. They said they will continue to treat her but they do not expect it to reverse the infection her immune system was too low.

My mom is somewhat at peace because Sandra truly had no peace her on earth she is a wonderful person but has been in an abusive relationship since she was 14 she did have a hunch that she would not leave the hospital she told her mom that she thinks this time it has her that she did not think she could win this battle.

Everyone was able to tell her that they love her but my mom was just a little upset that she did not get to talk with her one more time before they put her on life support and sedated her.

I appreciate everyones thoughts and prayers. I believe it is God's will to take her home I trust that He knows best.

It is so weird, because I need to be here with my great grandmother so that my mom can be with Sandra I can help but think about the last time I saw Sandra. It is weird that I was so excited to show her my Smoke Tip kit and I told her I would get her one (which I did) to help her quit smoking (she did quit) while going through the chemo, I just never though that would be our last conversation or the last time that I would see her.

Cherish always the people in your life you never know when that will be the last time you see them.

Amen to that last statement! Stay strong, and God will lead you thru this tough time. When my mom passed away from lung cancer, God had his hand on my shoulder the whole time! If not I would have been an absolute mess! It is Quality of life not quantity!!
Hugs & Prayers coming~Missy

vleath

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 6, 2010
Dallas
I started to vent I guess because some things are bothering me but I shouldnt. Sandra is only here right now from life support and waiting for her heart to quit. I will never respect her husband. I appreciate everyone who prayed for Sandra and our family. She is at peace now. I know she is going to have a huge amount of treasures in heaven

Jules22871

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2009
I lost my mother in a fire and it was terrible. It was over 6 years ago and I still can't get passed it. Funny thing is, our new house number is the same as her birthday. God lets you know he's there in little ways. You just have to be willing to see them. Doesn't matter if you believe in Him or not, He believes in you. Our prayers are still with all of you V. If you need a shoulder you know where I am.

Big hugs,

Jules

vleath

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 6, 2010
Dallas
In memory of Sandra she passed away around 1pm CST. I know she isnt suffering and she is at peace.

Jules fires can be so scary our house burned down when I was a baby, my brother 4 at the time tried to hid from it under his bead thank goodness my father found him. Even though I do not remember it I am terrified of fire and very overly cautious.

I know what you mean about God letting you know someone is there. My husbands mother passed away when he was 18 she was 46 and I had only gotten to know her about a year. She was a wonderful woman. I thought I could not get pregnant but a few months later I found out I was pregnant and my first due date was the day his mother passed away 2/8, then the doctor changed my due date to 2/14 which was her birthday. Sadly my doctor was out of town when the contractions started and the Doctor on call Told me he had other deliveries and that I was going to go back home because I just was not ready this was the 11th. A min later he said well I have some time and before I knew it I thought he was examining me but he broke my water and yelled at the nurse to prep her for a c-section. That was only the start of my horror with that doctor that day but I still believe if he had just let me go home my son might have been born on the 14th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread