Status
Not open for further replies.

Honigschmidt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2011
Sacramento Ca
Hi all,

I am hoping maybe someone ran into a similar issue or knows a possible fix.

I bought a Wismec Luxotic BF 100W around 2-3 months ago and it's been great minus what has been happening very recently.

The light on the firing button continually stays on, and no matter what I do I can't seem to get it to turn off.

1. Changed batteries
2. made sure the outside and connectors were clean
3. Tried different RBA's
4. Opened up the circuit box and cleaned it with 100% alcohol (no juice buildup inside)

I've been removing the battery when not vaping, but that's no way to keep on going. Anyone else run into this or have a way to resolve it?

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Hi all,

I bought a Wismec Luxotic BF 100W around 2-3 months ago and it's been great minus what has been happening very recently.

The light on the firing button continually stays on, and no matter what I do I can't seem to get it to turn off.

1. Changed batteries
    3. Tried different RBA's
    4. Opened up the circuit box and cleaned it with 100% alcohol (no juice buildup inside)

I've been removing the battery when not vaping, but that's no way to keep on going. Anyone else run into this or have a way to resolve it?

There's a know flaw on some luxotic bf mods:

luxoticinternal.jpg

The pin into the 510 connector isn't welded, and juice can leak through here, and into the chip. This can cause auto-firing and possibly your problem with the LED remaining on. There is a fix/repair, if you want to try it:

Pigs

Vaping
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2019
    Sydney Australia
    There's a know flaw on some luxotic bf mods:

View attachment 886213

The pin into the 510 connector isn't welded, and juice can leak through here, and into the chip. This can cause auto-firing and possibly your problem with the LED remaining on. There is a fix/repair, if you want to try it:

Best diagram/explanation yet. U rock

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 3, 2014
    NS, Canada
    Hi all,

1. Changed batteries
    3. Tried different RBA's

Mine did the exact same thing, light stayed on and it would autofire. I took it all apart and no juice was found on my board either. As far as I could tell it was the board that was bad, so I left it apart in a box for a few months as I was going to convert it over to unregulated with one of Big Al's iSwitch boards.

When I finally got it out to do the conversion, everything was working perfectly again with the stock board so I never did end up converting it. I do not trust this squonker at all now because of that issue, the problem hasn't showed up again but I won't take any chance leaving a battery in it unattended. I slide a thin piece of Mylar between the battery and the bottom post when I put it away on the shelf to keep it from conducting. I suppose I could just take the battery out but the Mylar is easy and all I have to do is pull that tab out to use the squonker.

It's another poor JayBo/Wismec design, you could try leaving it like mine and see if it comes back or seek out a squonker that is much more reliable.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Hi all,

1. Changed batteries
    3. Tried different RBA's

The Wismec Luxotic BF was Plagued with Leaking Problems. Because that Pin keeps the 510 Connector from turning. So every time you tightened an RDA onto the mod, it would put Lateral forces on the pin. And with it just being a press fit, the Seal at it would Many Times Fail.

Just a Poor Design from Jump Street. At a Time when Everyone was Rushing to have a Squonker in their product line.

All this seems to have been pretty much Fixed with the Wismec Luxotic Surface 80w.

Wismec LUXOTIC SURFACE 80W Squonk Box Mod

The Surface is my Daily Driver. And with the Exception of a Small Squonk Window in the Door, an Easy Fix with a Dremel or a Fine Fine if one wants to, it has worked Great for the last year or so.

Reactions: sonicbomb
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread