Not open for further replies.

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    Hey guys
    I'm new to vaping, Currently using a Smok Stick Prince. And iv got a Wisemec Sinuous P80 mod.
    What would type of tank would you guys recommend.
    Preferably a 4ml or larger tank.
    Thanks for any recommendations.
    PS hope I posted in right section.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

Go a Zenith Staffy.
    4ml and a Brilliant tank all round.
    From easy filling to great flavour, leaks...ha this tank will have none of it.
    It Rocks:banana::banana:

Hawise

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 25, 2013
    AB, Canada
    Hi Staffy,

Welcome to ECF!

Most tanks will fit with most mods, so just about anything will work with the Sinuous P80. It's a question of what you prefer. What do you like about the Prince tank? Is there anything you don't like about it? Let us know what you think and we'll recommend something that should suit you.

The Zenith is an excellent MTL tank. The Prince is a DL tank on the other end of the spectrum, so if that's where your tastes lie the Zenith probably won't suit you. On the other hand, as a new vaper you might be looking to try out all the options. In that case, the Zenith would be a great introduction to MTL-style vaping.

Vapedog

Oct 28, 2018
    Hey guys
    I'm new to vaping, Currently using a Smok Stick Prince. And iv got a Wisemec Sinuous P80 mod.
    What would type of tank would you guys recommend.
    Preferably a 4ml or larger tank.
    Thanks for any recommendations.
    PS hope I posted in right section.

Hi. What's your preference, DTL or MTL? You're going to be limited too somewhat if you want DTL by the low powered mod. There are a lot of new tanks with great Mesh coils that do DTL brilliantly but will either need more power than that has or push it way too close for safety.

Staffy

Apr 5, 2019
    Hi Staffy,

Welcome to ECF!

Most tanks will fit with most mods, so just about anything will work with the Sinuous P80. It's a question of what you prefer. What do you like about the Prince tank? Is there anything you don't like about it? Let us know what you think and we'll recommend something that should suit you.

The Zenith is an excellent MTL tank. The Prince is a DL tank on the other end of the spectrum, so if that's where your tastes lie the Zenith probably won't suit you. On the other hand, as a new vaper you might be looking to try out all the options. In that case, the Zenith would be a great introduction to MTL-style vaping.

Hi Hawise

I don't mind the Prince tank produces reasonable flavour and great clouds.
    I do find the 8ml quite big if wanting to change flavors, plus the the push button refill can open in your pocket, which has happened a few times. Also the monster sucks you have to give are tiresome at times.
    Being a novice vapour the the idea of trying the MTL tank would be a good since not trying one day in day out.
    Cheers.

Reactions: stols001

Staffy

Apr 5, 2019
    Hi. What's your preference, DTL or MTL? You're going to be limited too somewhat if you want DTL by the low powered mod. There are a lot of new tanks with great Mesh coils that do DTL brilliantly but will either need more power than that has or push it way too close for safety.
    Having not tried the MTL type of tank over a day to day basis, I'll give the Zenith ago,
    Bit of a experiment to see if I prefer the MTL or want to stick with the DL.
    Cheers

Vapedog

Oct 28, 2018
    Having not tried the MTL type of tank over a day to day basis, I'll give the Zenith ago,
    Bit of a experiment to see if I prefer the MTL or want to stick with the DL.
    Cheers

Hi. I dont use MTL, they make me cough my head off, but do hear lots of good things about that Zenith tank. :thumb:
    Cheers to you too :toast:

Staffy

Apr 5, 2019
    Hi all

I ended up getting the Zenith tank for the Wisemec P80.
    I also got the Plexus .5 ohm 14-19 W coils for it.
    I'm running it in WW mode at 16W and seem to have no flavor from my juice just a smokey taste, I've messed around changing the watts up and down within the coil range but no difference.
    Any ideas or a different mode I should be in ?
    Thanks

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    Hi all

I ended up getting the Zenith tank for the Wisemec P80.
    I also got the Plexus .5 ohm 14-19 W coils for it.
    I'm running it in WW mode at 16W and seem to have no flavor from my juice just a smokey taste, I've messed around changing the watts up and down within the coil range but no difference.
    Any ideas or a different mode I should be in ?
    Thanks

Wattage mode is what you want to use so your doing good there.
    Did you prime your coil before you started vaping with it?

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    Yeah, gave the coil a prime, and let it sit for a while.
    Might try a different another coil.

You may have just got a bad one.
    If that doesn't work take the new coil back out and give tank a good clean, when tank dry put coil back in and vape on:vapor:

Electrodave

LPV
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 14, 2015
    Denver, CO
    www.electrostring.com
    Like don't just let the coil sit. Go up gently and in increments with long slow pulls even some without the fire button.

It can be easy to inadvertently torch a coil. Etc.

Anna

Very true. I'm afraid that it's also true that Smok tanks are prone to burning coils.

I just restarted vaping a few months ago, and found that I had a bunch of two wick Smok coil heads. 2.5 ohm. I also had several Smok Trophy tanks, which I used to love. I ended up burning several coils. Fortunately, these coil heads also work in Aspire Vivi Nova tanks, which have a deeper well around the wicks. So Smok has long suffered from this sort of tank design.

But what you like, what works, works. Like I said, for a long time, I loved those Smok Trophy tanks.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread