Wicking Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have a Dark Horse clone on an IPV3. My first build on the Dark Horse was just a dual parallel setup with 30 gauge kanthal(that's all I had at the time) and not a lot of wicking. It ohmed out anywhere between .8 and 1-1.5. I swear I could win some cloud competitions with that build, but I was having to drip every 3-4 inhales. I was advised by my local B&M that I should add more wicking material to soak up more juice and therefore drip less. I picked up some 26 gauge while I was there and decided to redo my parallel build with some of the new 26 gauge with a lot more cotton.

It's ohming out around .3-.4 and is jam packed with cotton, but I'm just not getting the amount of clouds I was getting before with the 30 gauge kanthal and minimal cotton. I've adjusted the cotton so that one side lies on top of the coil and the other side lies underneath the coil. This has helped a bit, but I'm curious what the general take is on putting cotton on top of a parallel coil.

Am I using too much? Did I shove too much inside the actual coils? Is it even okay to do this S looking wick positioning? Why am I not getting as much vapor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread