Wicking problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I’m fairly new to making my own juice but things were tasting fine up until recently. Then things started to taste a little like cardboard and at first I thought I might have made a bad batch of juice. After trying other juices and having the same problem, I thought I may have wicked it too tightly because when I’ve pulled out the wick it seems to be whiter/dryer than the rest which is saturated. It’s not burning, but it tastes like cardboard. I use Cotton Bacon Prime and I’ve tried a looser wick but I still keep having the same problem. Any other thoughts or ideas? Thanks!

What atomiser are you using?
And was the juice that tastes like cardboard now, tasting fine before?

If I overstuff a coil, I do notice the flavour is a lot more muted.

Yeah it all tasted fine before... I’m using a 22mm Ironsmith Furnace RDA on my squonker. I’ve tried multiple coils too.

If you get your wicking in order and still taste cardboard, consider "vapers tongue" or flavor fatigue. A possibility if using the same flavor at higher concentrations. Usually goes away after a few days and/or a flavor change.

Ah okay very helpful! Is it possibly because I only use 1 or two flavors in my juices at higher concentrations then? Would it help for me to use more flavors at lower concentrations so I don’t get “flavor fatigue” ?

• Agree
Reactions: AngeNZ

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Ah okay very helpful! Is it possibly because I only use 1 or two flavors in my juices at higher concentrations then? Would it help for me to use more flavors at lower concentrations so I don’t get “flavor fatigue” ?

I vaped one diy mix only for 6 months straight ;) I eventually forced myself to make some other recipes that I also enjoyed vaping. Now I have four different mixes on the go every day.

Just try mixing a couple of other flavours, that are different to what you are using. eg. if you only have mint, then make up a berry mix.

I vaped one diy mix only for 6 months straight ;) I eventually forced myself to make some other recipes that I also enjoyed vaping. Now I have four different mixes on the go every day.

Just try mixing a couple of other flavours, that are different to what you are using. eg. if you only have mint, then make up a berry mix.

ah okay great! I will try that. I would much rather that be the issue than my cooling/wicking or anything else :)

• Winner
    Reactions: AngeNZ

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    ah okay great! I will try that. I would much rather that be the issue than my cooling/wicking or anything else :)

Sometime or another, we all get "vaper's tongue". It's just a condition where nothing tastes right. Citrus juices like Orange or Grapefruit will help to cleanse the palate when that happens. Swish the juice around in your mouth, hold it for a few seconds and swallow. Give it a try and let us know how it works.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    I thought I may have wicked it too tightly because when I’ve pulled out the wick it seems to be whiter/dryer than the rest which is saturated.
    This is how I wick; before I tuck the tails into their channels, I fluff the ends and drip eliq onto one end until I can see it on the other side of the coil. Then I drip a bit onto the other end, and a bit right onto the coil. After putting the tank back together and filling it up, I let it sit for at least a few minutes (usually at least 5..). The flavor of my DIY goes from a totally unflavored flavor to a mix of 4 different flavors. Well, I have 4 different flavors but I've never used more than two of them at a time. I vary the total flavoring percentage from 1 to 5 %. I guess because of these variations, I've never had a 'vaper tongue' experience. I've also never used any particular mix for more than a month, except when I started to DIY, where I vaped the unflavored base for the first 3 or 4 months.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread