Wick??

Status
Not open for further replies.

fairweasel2323

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2011
Marion, OH
what type of wick do u guys use?? Im needing to add new top wick to my EVOD BCC's they are starting to flood on me. The stock ones I got from Goodejuice.com had 2 top wicks so I just stole a extra top wick out of the 1.8ohm coils that came in them when I replaced them with the 2.2ohm coils, when i first got them cause they was flooding, but having 3 top wicks stopped the leaking/flooding, I guess after they have been used awhile they kinda break down...I have a pack of new coils but wasnt wanting to steal a wick out of new coil... or maybe I need to replace the coils I have had both of them probably 6 months without replacing coils just dry burning..so maybe its time for new coils?? they still vape good just starting to have the leaking and flooding again..so i thought adding new top wick would solve the issue again..

fairweasel2323

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2011
Marion, OH
oh so u just use regular cotton, like from cotton balls work??

I have replacement coils so not looking to rebuild quite yet, maybe something I will start to do... i just need some extra top wick to prevent flooding...

I have read that a lot of people will remove the top wicks out of the EVOD BCC but mine was leaking on the battery so I added a extra top wick. I just robbed the top wicks from two 1.8ohm coils I wasnt using since i switched to the 2.2ohm coils.

I noticed yesterday one was leaking bad..I just cleaned it and did a dry burn put it all back together and no leaking now...so maybe it just needed cleaned??

Also how long does a coil usually last? i have had the same ones in for about 6 months now, just rinsing and dry burning from time to time and still vaping good.. I was starting to think it was time to replace the coil though...

Lucky1384

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
Sheffield, UK
oh so u just use regular cotton, like from cotton balls work??

I have replacement coils so not looking to rebuild quite yet, maybe something I will start to do... i just need some extra top wick to prevent flooding...

I have read that a lot of people will remove the top wicks out of the EVOD BCC but mine was leaking on the battery so I added a extra top wick. I just robbed the top wicks from two 1.8ohm coils I wasnt using since i switched to the 2.2ohm coils.

I noticed yesterday one was leaking bad..I just cleaned it and did a dry burn put it all back together and no leaking now...so maybe it just needed cleaned??

Also how long does a coil usually last? i have had the same ones in for about 6 months now, just rinsing and dry burning from time to time and still vaping good.. I was starting to think it was time to replace the coil though...

Organic cotton tends to be used because bleach isn't part of the process. I've used standard balls meant for use on babies, but still get a bad taste. Quite a few boil them a couple of times to clean them. I personally find silica wick the easiest to use, but want to persevere with cotton!

As long as your current coil is still working for you, there's no need to change it, especially since you clean it anyway.

Edit: Just checked my cotton balls and they say bleached but with no chlorine. Still sounds nasty! I'll be ordering organic cotton soon and trying boiling. It's far too cheap not to. One bag would last me years! :D

Last edited:

fairweasel2323

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2011
Marion, OH
Last edited:

Lucky1384

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
Sheffield, UK
There are plenty of YouTube videos around that are very good to learn from. Look for Rip Tripper's micro coil build. You simply tear a small piece off, gently roll it into a long tube shape and thread it through. It pulls through coils much easier than you would imagine.

Organic cotton can be found in the form of balls or pads or sometimes just a thick roll. Anything like that is good. I believe Walgreens sells it in the US, as would many drug stores, but I'm only going by what I've seen while over there. More like this than yarn: http://www.cvs.com/shop/product-detail/CVS-100-Cotton-Triple-Size-Organic-Cotton-Balls?skuId=405326

Last edited:

fairweasel2323

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2011
Marion, OH
yeah I think i would want to use silica can u post a link to a good site to buy from ill check Mt Baker Vapor and Heather's Heavenly Vapes also bought my EVOD BCC tanks from Good E Juice, they are genuine Kanger I saw they now sell there own knockoff made by them... but if u know of a different site please share it..

I don't plan on starting to build my one coils yet I just want some silica to use for a top wick, that will be good to use correct??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread