Status
Not open for further replies.

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA
Thanks, i did get some syringes in different gauges!

I did however forget aout labels! Doh!
And gloves lol.

You can pick both of those up just about anywhere. Gloves can be found at big box stores, grocery stores, or pharmacies. Unless you are working with 100mg nicotine base, they are pretty much unnecessary. If you spill nic on your hands, just wash with soap and water within a reasonable amount of time. As for labels, I picked up some Avery self-adhesive mailing labels that are 2"x4" at Target. I think they cost $2 for 50. I use them to label everything vape related, and cut them to size with an Xacto knife or scissors.

Last edited:

Ladiekali

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Florida
good advice thank you.
just finished my first batch, and i did it with out gloves.
:)

they all smell so good i want to vape them now! lol.
I decided to just do 1ml flavor to 10ml of base. and go from there.

the only real concern i have is the grape, because it's purple purple x more purple.
doesn't seem to me that it would be something to vape.

i spilled some coffee and my kitchen smells so good lol.
i'm excited to tinker with my flavors but i'll wait :)

thanks for the advice.
all my juices right now are single ingredient but i tried to choose ones that might be good alone, bubble gum, juicy fruit, blueberry candy, coffee, and i made up whipped cream, vanilla swirl, marchmallow, cotton candy, and menthol.

thinking if something is too strong or needs to be sweetened i can try one of those,
also have plenty of plain base incase it's too much flavor.

so i think i'm on a beginning roll! it's a start anyway.

i do need a few more supplies to make things easier,
the pipettes i got were real nice to use.
i was able to pull one out for every flavor and not have to rinse and wash right away.
definately need to do something like wax paper or something to protect my counters.
right now they are purple lol.

there was a lot of spilling with those tiny flavor bottles. but nothing drastic.
and a lot of hand washing :) but all in all, don't know what i was sweating lol.

wish i could vape something now :) that is probably going to be the hardest part.
waiting...
thanks for the help :)

Levitas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Saint Louis
wish i could vape something now :) that is probably going to be the hardest part.
waiting...

What on Earth are you waiting for? The flavors are mixed, eh? Get to vapin'!

There is no such thing as a required steeping time! (This is why I detest this type of advice given to new people.) I vape all of my blends directly after mixing.

03FXDWG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2013
East Central, Missouri
If you have all TPA/TFA flavors you might be interested in this percentage chart: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...0-flavor-apprentice-flavoring-thread-137.html

I started my first foray into true DIY on Saturday and used it like a bible. My experience was that many of the flavors do need to be stronger than 10% for my taste and fruits that I didn't think would need to steep/age did while my mocha was good to go. I also noted that all the fruit flavors I mixed needed a 15 to 20% flavor but coffee & cinnamon are very light. Cinnamon just has to sit close to the bottle in very small batches.

Tastes are very subjective so I highly recommend using the chart and working your way up in flavor percentages if you like the light stuff.

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA
definately need to do something like wax paper or something to protect my counters.
right now they are purple lol.

there was a lot of spilling with those tiny flavor bottles. but nothing drastic.
and a lot of hand washing :) but all in all, don't know what i was sweating lol.

You may want to get a cheap baking tray with raised edges to do all your mixing, so that spills are contained. Line it with paper towels to make cleanup extra quick and easy.

jelly+roll+pan.jpg

Vapolith

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sounds like you are off to a good start! My first, and only, DIY juice is a RY4/Apple/Almond mix, and I bought 36 PG and 0 VG and mix them 50/50 to get my 18, easy as pie. :D

At 50/50 I have no need of adding water, and I do have a 30 ML bottle of flavorless 50/50 18 waiting for me to add flavors to it, so you can certainly create your base first.

Enjoy!

Wow1420

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2013
Somewhere out there
so when you guys pre mix a base, do you add the nicotine to it as well? will that degrade? sorry if this has been answered, but i'm trying to get all my info before i actually start doing it.

Yes, I include the nic. The whole reason I pre-mix is to have something ready-to-use on hand. I'm not mixing up gallons at a time, just 200ml or so, which I will use up in three months. I have seen no degradation in taste or color in that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread