why I will never go back to fixed or unregulated voltage!

Status
Not open for further replies.

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
because I don't have to! But seriously, I love the regulated voltage of a variable voltage device. I love that I can set my lavatube or my madvapes vv boxmod to a certain voltage and it will stay on that voltage till the battery dies. Being able to click a button and physically see (on a led)the voltage go up and down is really nice and worth the extra money also.

I'm not knocking that plain, simple 3.7 box mod, but I found myself constantly changing to fresh charged batteries to get the higher voltage. Now that I have vv.. I find myself using less than 3.7 a lot. BUT.. it makes all the difference in the world to know that I can dial or punch up the power when I need to. I don't mind a wimpy vape when I want a wimpy vape. It's frustrating when I can't turn up the voltage and turn that wimpy vape into a powerful hit when I'm ready to.

The great thing is that since Madvapes came out with their vv box and kit.. vv is within most every vaping budget! I already had a bunch of 14500 batts lying around so I was already set. I have both and the MV vvbox works and hits every bit as good as the lavatube, the only difference other than shape is the ability to look at a led and push a button to see the voltage go up or down. A $15 voltmeter solves this problem nicely and works with other devices as well.

been there

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2011
Brooksville,florida
wrong wordI agree with you 100% and I'v got the madvapes vv and the 5v so I would title this never go back to 3.7v because I don't have to. I'm finding more and more that I like it around 5v that's seams to be my sweet spot .But I can beef it up when I want to , variety is the spice of life .

Last edited:

SnowDragon

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Boise, Idaho
Had a Gen I Buzz, but it had lots of issues so I sold it and got a Gen 1 ProVari which is rockin. Pulling the trigger on a IPro tonight although I'm not crazy about stacking batts but it has a great look, not many..if any problems, and the ease of a dial adjust wheel seem pretty cool.

Gotta love MV (awesome Root Beer by Top Vapor) I have been thinking of getting either the VV or 5v box for when I'm out fishing or hunting. Like "been there" the 5v seems to seal the deal, plus I like the horn button set up. I still vape my KR batts, but they are unregulated and come off the charger at 4.2v....some habits never die. I have also heard great things about the MV Gold Rush Tube.

(just pulled the trigger on SD Key Chain....hehehe..so tiny)

Coming to a theater near you.....the Superbomb, get ready for a wave of VV devices in 2012.

2012 New E-cigarette/GS-superbomb!!/mod e cigarette 510 super best catomizer/ 3.0~6.0 510 variable voltage products, buy 2012 New E-cigarette/GS-superbomb!!/mod e cigarette 510 super best catomizer/ 3.0~6.0 510 variable voltage products from alibaba.

Last edited:

Mrtrucker40108

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Brandenburg, KY, USA
Variable voltage and variable wattage are different sides of the same coin.
Just looking at diff part of Ohms Law. A novelty though.

One thing I've noticed is Vaping drawing more folk into electronic construction or at least some knowledge of the principles involved. As a Ham Radio Op I see it as a bonus.

sharpi

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2011
Indiana
I also love my Lavatube and even though I vape pretty consistently at 5V knowing that I have the option to go up or down is satisfying. I got a Reo Grand today and while it isn't VV you have options with battery configuration to change the voltage you use. I am using 4.8 NiMH batteries in it now to vape at 5V as this seems to be my sweet spot. With battery configuration I have the options of 3.7V, 5V, 6V and 7.4V.

Congrats on your Lavatube and welcome to the club! :toast:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread