Why does my juice lose flavor and taste bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

user808a

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2012
AZ USA
I am also in my second week of vaping with similar issues. I though menthols were muting my tastes for weaker juices so I stopped smoking menthol for two days. I could taste my vape this morning/afternoon but by the evening my sense of taste gets burnt out and I can't taste it anymore. I bet it will return in the morning after I've had some sleep and a break from chain vaping. Until then back to menthols =)

Last edited:

BenB

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
Olympia, Washington
I drink more water everyday than anyone I've ever met. I had 2 people try the 4 kinds of juice I get 0 taste from and they all got lots of flavor from it. I'm not congested. I really don't see why my taste buds would stop tasting something unless they are paralyzed or something. I used to eat a crap load of Fruitios every day after middle school and I never stopped tasting any of the artificially flavored fake fruits. I really feel like this is not something I should be putting in my body and I am still confused how no one else thinks not being able to taste something should not be a concern.

KarenB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2012
LA, CA.
BF was experiencing that at about his 2 week mark into vaping. He kept having me taste his tanks to see if I could detect the flavor. I could. I explained to him that he has "vapors tongue" and needs to up his water intake as well as switch out flavors to help prevent that from happening. He has a variety of flavors now and his "go to" mix and I haven't heard of him having this issue anymore. It takes time to acclimate your body to the "new way" ...

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
I drink more water everyday than anyone I've ever met. I had 2 people try the 4 kinds of juice I get 0 taste from and they all got lots of flavor from it. I'm not congested. I really don't see why my taste buds would stop tasting something unless they are paralyzed or something. I used to eat a crap load of Fruitios every day after middle school and I never stopped tasting any of the artificially flavored fake fruits. I really feel like this is not something I should be putting in my body and I am still confused how no one else thinks not being able to taste something should not be a concern.

You 'may' have an underlying Medical problem. Have you had any surgeries within the past three months? Sometimes Surgery can cause you to lose your ability to taste & smell for many months. I had surgery a little over a year ago that almost caused me to stop vaping entirely.... I was unable to taste my juices for over three months.... the juices I had formerly loved & craved now smelled & tasted horrible! I put my PV down (vaping only once or twice a day and totally not enjoying it) for a couple of months. Slowly, over time, my taste buds & smell returned and I returned to vaping as usual.

We can only advise you as to what has worked for 'us' BenB...... it's going to be YOUR call as to whether your inability to taste should be of real concern or not. As for me, it was a concern until it returned. As for you, it should be a concern if it doesn't. I wish you all the best and hope you discover the root of the problem :vapor:

I really feel like this is not something I should be putting in my body and I am still confused how no one else thinks not being able to taste something should not be a concern.

If you honestly believe that you're doing something that could be injurious to your body, then perhaps you should seriously consider quitting. No one on this Forum would ever encourage anyone to continue a practice that puts them ill at ease.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread