Status
Not open for further replies.

RjG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2008
Edmonton AB Canada
Since DX 10440's suck so bad now, I've given up on cigar mods :-(

In my quest to find my next favorite vape, I've been trying all the atomizers I can find. Nothing touches an RN Cigar atomizer...yet

I see all these M201 atomizer posts... and it seems vapers who use them seem to really like them.
That doesn't surprise me, since an M401 is a really damn good atomizer for mods (my favorite of the bunch to date) and a M201 is it's big brother.

So WHY are they so uncommon???

Synthnadz:: "I've recently fallen in love with the M201 atomizer on one of my 3.7v mods - what an awesome atty. It's like what an 801 'should be', as far as I'm concerned. "

CaSHMeRe :: But, you make a very valid point ... M201 atomizer is the best Penstyle atomizer I have ever used ...

seadooman: M201 blows away the 801.Way stronger hit,doesn't require a primer puff,always consistent performance.

Zofryer "Don't be too surprised if you start prefering the M201 over the 510 once it breaks in. I don't know of another atomizer that produces as much vapor as easily at 3.7V while retaining so much flavor and throat hit. You'll also start enjoying having over an hour of vaping without having to refill with the 1ml cart."

"It's a shame though - someone needs to do whatever they've done in designing these 201's and apply it to the 801's. The 201 wicks amazingly well, takes tons of liquid without flooding, and gives off incredible vapor. In all truth, I get as much fog from my 201 at 3.7 as I do from my BE112's on the Prodigy at 5v."

Thoughts anyone? Any modders using them right now?

Last edited:

Dr. Russell Fell

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2008
Florida
Since DX 10440's suck so bad now, I've given up on cigar mods :-(

In my quest to find my next favorite vape, I've been trying all the atomizers I can find. Nothing touches an RN Cigar atomizer...yet

I see all these M201 atomizer posts... and it seems vapers who use them seem to really like them.
That doesn't surprise me, since an M401 is a really damn good atomizer for mods (my favorite of the bunch to date) and a M201 is it's big brother.

So WHY are they so uncommon???

Synthnadz:: "I've recently fallen in love with the M201 atomizer on one of my 3.7v mods - what an awesome atty. It's like what an 801 'should be', as far as I'm concerned. "

CaSHMeRe :: But, you make a very valid point ... M201 atomizer is the best Penstyle atomizer I have ever used ...

seadooman: M201 blows away the 801.Way stronger hit,doesn't require a primer puff,always consistent performance.

Zofryer "Don't be too surprised if you start prefering the M201 over the 510 once it breaks in. I don't know of another atomizer that produces as much vapor as easily at 3.7V while retaining so much flavor and throat hit. You'll also start enjoying having over an hour of vaping without having to refill with the 1ml cart."

"It's a shame though - someone needs to do whatever they've done in designing these 201's and apply it to the 801's. The 201 wicks amazingly well, takes tons of liquid without flooding, and gives off incredible vapor. In all truth, I get as much fog from my 201 at 3.7 as I do from my BE112's on the Prodigy at 5v."

Thoughts anyone? Any modders using them right now?

two reasons:

1) they're not as readily available. only two suppliers actually sell them.

2) most adapters for mods do not have air holes or air valves, and so the m201 isn't an option unless a new adapter is made or one with an air valve system is used.

it's that little bit of effort of getting them and using them with pre-existing equipment that's the problem for most people.

RJG
I love my M201 I know that the air holes are different from the 801 but it still works fine on 801 threads and batteries. So far I have had no problems with any combinations I have used. So hopefully more people will start using them ... once they try them they will see the big difference in performance. The only con I have seen is that the batteries are a little sensitive to sound and wind.

RjG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2008
Edmonton AB Canada
I have 10 on the way... I'll let y'all know how they work for me :)

Well, after a couple weeks of M201 on a 14500 battery mod, all I can say is wow... 801 is a POS compared to an M201. Seriously - not even close.

Better vape. No leaking. No fading. Tons of flow, no wicking issues at all.

you can get the M201 with 4 holes here:FS Emperor M201 Atomizer - freshsmoking.com

I wrote and asked to confirm it and yes they are 4-hole. (Litecig has the 2-hole atty's which have a tighter draw than the 801,but to me, they are really hard to draw, which is ok if you prefer that) It was just too hard for me though.

4-hole M201 atomizers have a very easy draw.

4-hole atty's, draw more like the 801, which is really nice, IMHO

BTW, The M201 works on the VP2, huge clouds!:wub: Lovin it, Don't know of any other mod you can use it with besides this one, yet. I'm sure some one else will have one too.

Richie G

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2009
Lawn Guyland, NY
you can get the M201 with 4 holes here:FS Emperor M201 Atomizer - freshsmoking.com

I wrote and asked to confirm it and yes they are 4-hole. (Litecig has the 2-hole atty's which have a tighter draw than the 801,but to me, they are really hard to draw, which is ok if you prefer that) It was just too hard for me though.

4-hole M201 atomizers have a very easy draw.

4-hole atty's, draw more like the 801, which is really nice, IMHO

BTW, The M201 works on the VP2, huge clouds!:wub: Lovin it, Don't know of any other mod you can use it with besides this one, yet. I'm sure some one else will have one too.

>

Mick --

1) Is that a first run VP2 you are using -- the one with the adjustable air flow? IOW, can you see a slotted head screw in the center of the battery connection?

2) It's confirmed that FS Emporer's attys are indeed M201s?

I haven't used the M201s since my JS died. I have a first run Vapre51 (VP1) but even with the adjustment as open as possible it's still too tough a draw. I have to pull sooo hard that I'm concerned I'll get stuck in permanent fish-face mode. <g>

Thanks...

>

Mick --

1) Is that a first run VP2 you are using -- the one with the adjustable air flow? IOW, can you see a slotted head screw in the center of the battery connection?

2) It's confirmed that FS Emporer's attys are indeed M201s?

I haven't used the M201s since my JS died. I have a first run Vapre51 (VP1) but even with the adjustment as open as possible it's still too tough a draw. I have to pull sooo hard that I'm concerned I'll get stuck in permanent fish-face mode. <g>

Thanks...

yep, First run, this one is the adjustable draw. (They stopped making that right after I got mine) The FS Emporer atty is the M201. I got the word straight from the owner of Fresh Smoking himself.

The first 201 I bought from Litecig, had such a hard pull on it, that I wrote and asked about it. that's when I learned that the original M201's have 4-holes.

I saved FS e-mail this is what they said
"The M201 has the easiest draw of almost anything we sell, Our Emperor M201 unit does have an easy draw to it, it's really like breathing in on a large, open straw."

If you have any more questions on it, feel free to send me a pm. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread