WholeNic..legit?

Piruz

Feb 12, 2021
Hi y'all!

So I'm one of those few smokers who are cursed with a high tolerance for smoke/naturally occurring nicotine in smoke but zero tolerance for even the smallest amount of "manufactured nicotine". I've tried all kinds of set ups but it's always come down to the nicotine itself, that peppery note that feels like it's clogging my arteries or something. At first I thought it was the PG but when I tried vaping pure VG with high nic levels the same symptoms ensued (it's just that PG is better at carrying both nicotine and flavor than VG, thereby exacerbating the symptoms). I even tried vaporizing tobacco shags in a DynaVap but I get the same kind of peppery note (even though there are barely any clouds to carry it). I'm assuming this is because dry herb vaping doesn't release the full spectrum of tobacco alkaloids in the plant.

Mind you this is coming from someone who smokes Dokha on a regular basis, the nicotine of which can floor you in as few as two puffs. It is then not just about high nicotine concentrations in vape that is bothering me, since the concentrations ought to be much higher in Dokha tobacco for sure.

That's when, out of frustration, I searched the internet for something that might work for me and came across this wholenic or WTA on the internet and learned that it carries not just nicotine (which is a stimulant) but the other alkaloids in tobacco that interact with nicotine and turn it into a relaxing agent (like in tobacco smoke). I've seen reviews where people swear by it and say it feels exactly like smoke.

What makes me curious though is that it comes in freebase and salt nic which probably means the wholenic alkaloids are there as a proportion that interact when the juice is vaped, right?

If anyone here has tried it, by all means please share your thoughts! Does it have that peppery note that a lot of people hate? Does the nicotine make you nerviouse like it does in regular vape juice?

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Flyover Central
The only time I've ever gotten a peppery taste from nicotine was from sketchy vendors or from straight nic that was years and years old. If nicotine is allowed to oxidize from improper storage or being very old, that's when it gets peppery.

I tried WTA a while back because I read the same things you did. As far as I'm concerned, it's a junk science scam with some planted praise among various message groups. If there was any difference at all, it actually hit less than the regular stuff.

I don't know if you buy premixed or do your own mixing (which is what I do with high PG ratio) but imo the first thing you should do is try other vendors.

Piruz

Feb 12, 2021
That's so discouraging. It's strange because so many people were blown off by WTA and to them it made all the difference.

Just about every kind of vape juice I've tried gave me the same horrible chest feeling, even the ones that didn't taste peppery right off the bat. This is why I suspect the nicotine itself to be the culprit. I was hoping WTA would give a more natural nicotine feeling.

All of the juices I've tried are premixed, except the 100% VG 7.2mg nic salt which I got from nichub in order to see if PG-free high nic can satisfy me without causing chesty symptoms. It didn't work :(

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
Don't forget about the flavorings.
If you are super sensitive to PG 10% flavorings with PG Base
may be enough to set off the allergy.

A good flavoring to try is Cooks Vanilla Peppermint. tastes great and doesn't contain PG
another alternative which is more controversial is 2 drops of pepermint essential Oil per 10ml.

Good Luck!

MichaelExhale

Dec 6, 2023
Hi, I just spotted this and am in a unique position to respond - I'm the person who came up with and then launched WholeNic back in 2019, then later sold up. To answer the original question, WholeNic is more than WTA: It starts life as WTA then undergoes additional steps to concentrate the minor alkaloid content to match that of a certain cowboy themed cigarette. 'Original' WTA has the alkaloid content of an unprocessed tobacco leaf, WholeNic has the alkaloid content of cigs. The reason not to use processed tobacco is that nasty things form during curing, so a process was developed to recreate the profile of cured tobacco without TSNA formation. I came up with it originally to keep me from smoking while running a completely different business, and it only later developed into a commercial idea as it required a pharma partner with a whole bunch of equipment to manufacture the product,. I'm writing this hoping it can help some others as much as it has helped me, and hope this is useful!

• Winner
Reactions: GeekyGeezer

Users who are viewing this thread