Which tank on a Kamry K1000?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glastonbury13

May 29, 2015
So I've been asking for advice on my first mod, but I'm going to Glastonbury Festival next week to work for two months (with a festival in the middle) and don't really want to be carrying something that expensive about with me in a field

however i WOULD like to carry an e-pipe :)

I'm thinking of getting the wooden style Kamry k1000, was looking at the smok Guardian 2 but it all adds up to over £100 worth of equipment, and don't want that on me whilst working on a festival site!

What I need to know is what tank you would buy to go with it, as apparently the clearomizers provided aren't that great

ecigwarehouse.co.uk_Authentic_Kamry_K1000_Wooded_Style_Epipe_Kit__54983_std.jpg

Kamry K1000 Wooded Style Epipe Kit Electronic Wooden E Pipes

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Hi! :)

It takes 18350 batteries, yes? and has a 510 connection?

If you establish the amp limit on the best 18350 batteries you can buy, you can choose accordingly.

Does it have to be a Pipe-style mod? £100 seems a lot of money when you could get a Vamo for £20 or a K-box, or iStick, or ... well, the list goes on. I know where you are coming from though... sure. It would look way more stylish.

Nice 'picture' homework, by the way. A* :)

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I've been recommended to buy the Aspire Nautilus and use a 1.8 ohm, would you agree? :)
Um... that depends.
I like to vape at 12-14 watts (give or take) and would not enjoy using that set up. It is a commonly held idea that the mini Nautilus works well on a 4.2v unregulated device.
For me and others I know who just vape and don't really aim for clouds and all that jazz the Subtank with the 1.2ohm coil is much more "on the money".
BUT It is my #1 favourite tank of all time though (considering ease of use etc.) just not at 4.2v. You will also find as your battery starts to drop in output, then you'll lose vapor rather too soon to be satisfactory. Better to start at 14 watts and go down from there, than to be limited to barely 9.5 watts and then go downhill. BUT, this is all personal preference. I never fully liked vaping under 10w, but that was all we had without going mech mod and rebuildable atomizers 2 years or so ago. The mini Nautilus just works so well on variable power mods that I can't really recommend it on anything else.
You'll now get like 10 new vapers saying I'm wrong, by the way. LOL :)

Play around on here.

Online Conversion - Ohm's Law Calculator

If you get a 4.2v device (something with a fully charged 3.7v battery) then put that in the top box and see what sort of power you get using resistances of 1.0ohm, 1.2ohm, 1.5ohm, 1.8ohm etc. etc. I know off the top of my head that a 0.5ohm resistance coil at 4.2v vapes at 35 watts... and the 1.2ohm is 14 watts.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
I've never seen a Kamry K1000 EPipe that takes a 18650 battery.

My best guess is that this is a typo. Before you buy one I would google and see if you can find ANY other site selling this mod and see if you can confirm that the mod can take a 18650 battery.

The batteries that will come with the EPipe may be from an unknown rewrapper/supplier and it may be difficult to determine their CDR (continuous discharge rating) or Amp limit.

If it only uses 18350 batteries here are some recommended batteries with their CDR.

1. AW IMR 18350 800mah 12A (new)
2. Purple Efest IMR 18350 700mAh 10.5A
3. Efest IMR 18350 800mah 6.4A
4. AW IMR 18350 700mah 6A

Last edited:

Panorama911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
Kansas
It is strictly 18350 and the 2 the kit contains are not real good, best to use a better battery. In fact some have more of an issue with the batteries supplied than the tank. Since it is a mechanical, so there is no power adjustment, it is at full power and after the battery gets to half power it starts to drop off in performance. The Aspire Nautilus tanks will fit and will give a better draw, the same performance the Nautilus is for other devices remains. The tank supplied has a tighter draw and fine for mouth to lung hits but if you are a lung hitter best to get a Nautilus for better airflow. Not sure if the Mini fits but I cannot see why not unless it has something to do with the adapter for the 510 connection. The tank is first screwed into the adapter then on to the pipe. The pipe end is not 510 female and the tanks are male as well so the adapter is the female portion.

I think one thing to keep in mind is that the tank supplied is top fed and makes sense being the tank is more or less horizontal which would help feed the wick whereas a bottom coil may need to be tilted vertical now and then to assure wick saturation, especially if the tank is fairly low on liquid.

I would try a good battery first then move on to a tank if need be. GL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread