Which Provari? Regular or Mini?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vokell

ECF Veteran
Have been reading as much as I can on the forum, gaining a lot of knowledge, thanks to everyone, great people here! I have been using a Vamo, which is ok, but all of my ecig friends say get a Provari. I looked at the reviews and PBusardo on tasteyourjuice, sez the Provari is the best. I'm thinking I want the mini to carry to work and travel. I also used ego t 650's in the past, so smaller is better for steath vape.

Please, if you have any advice, thanks in advance for the "education".

Vokell

Deacon Aegis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2013
Marietta, GA
www.aegissteamcraft.com
As far as I'm concerned, you can't go wrong with either. Biggest difference is going to be battery life. Personally, I intend on buying a regular Provari for the 18650 battery life, but I work from home, so that's not a big deal for me. I have handled them both at the local B&M and they both are extremely nice units, top quality. I'm planning on getting one towards the end of the month. If portability is a real factor for you, the mini is nice. The regular one is not as large as I imagined from the videos and pics I've seen of them though. If you have a brick and mortar store in your area that carries them, you might want to check them out in person so that you can get an idea of the differences. Good luck with it!

Chimney34

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2012
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
I have 2 standard size Provari's. One with an extension cap & one without. I usually take the one without the extension with me to work. It lasts all day but I don't keep it in my pocket so I don't know if that's a factor for you. I don't know if I want a mini as the standard is smaller than I thought it would be. Good luck choosing!

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
This is what a mini looks like in-between a 1000mAh Twist and a 650mAh standard eGo. It isn't tall, but it is heavy. I had planned on getting an extension cap later, but I'm not sure I will, because I don't think I could hold it comfortably. My mini with an 18350 battery inside and a small polypro carto tank weighs close to 5.5oz

miniwithegos.jpg

Kanj.nguyen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Princeton, NJ
Im gonna break the norm here and say neither. Your VAMO is enough. If you can comfortably afford AND really want a Provari then i guess you can. In my opinion its just a lot of money for little to no improvement in vape quality.

I look forward to angry Provari fanboys refuting this.

Last edited:

R4INS

Mar 30, 2013
New Jersey
wow,not a big as i thought. the standard one has the extion cap on it?

Yup, the standard cap is silver (like on the bottom of the mini) the extension cap is colored just like the body.
They look huge in pictures and videos, i thought the same thing when i got my first one, then again when i got the mini haha.

DeeDee1234

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2013
Texas
Yup, the standard cap is silver (like on the bottom of the mini) the extension cap is colored just like the body.
They look huge in pictures and videos, i thought the same thing when i got my first one, then again when i got the mini haha.

Can you use a 510 to ego adapter on it

R4INS

Mar 30, 2013
New Jersey
Can you use a 510 to ego adapter on it
I'm guessing you could but im not 100% as i have never tried. But with a bigger mod i dont see a point in using any ego style tanks as they look goofy being so small on it. Really you want a bigger tank on top such as a kanger protank or vapeonly bcc (which have standard 510 threading)

The Mini does not have the extion right. so how long does that battery last
I dont have an extension cap for my mini, but they are available. The standard mini battery is an 18350 which is 700mah (or miliamp hours). This really depends on your voltage you are running at, what device is on it, and how much you vape. For me 4-6 hours with an 18350 using it pretty hard.

The standard size ego/ego twist batteries are 650mah so if you have ever used one you can expect around the same life as that give or take.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread