Which is best? 801 Atty or BE112 atty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricMx45

ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2009
Edmond, OK
I've been vaping my 801 (among many others) for months now and I just purchased a 5 volt mod for it which is coming in the mail soon. I have been using the true 801 atty's on my regular bats and passthrough getting great vapor, flavor, throat hit ECT. However I have herd that many people prefer the BE112 over the 801 atty escpecially when using a higher voltage mod.

Anyone have any experience with both? If so, do you prefer the BE112 or 801 at 3.7 and/or 5+ volt? :confused:

Any and all input will be appreciated. :D

jboze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2009
Orange County, CA
You're going to get lots of varying info on this one. My opinion is that if you're dripping, you won't notice too much of a difference. There are variances within atties from a single manufacturer anyway so it's kind of a moot point.

My only advice, I prefer the low bridge atties since they are easier to drip on and don't seem to flood as easily. Eastmall's 801's are excellent. The BE112s and RN4072s from Totally Wicked are supposed to be nice as well.

Lastly, most other resellers are carrying true SLB high bridge 801 atties now. Lots of members here have complained about them. Heaven's Gifts (Ruyan Direct) have started offering low bridge 801s as well as high bridges. Not sure if other suppliers are going down this path as well...

EricMx45

ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2009
Edmond, OK
Thanks for the input. I drip and have been using only the high bridge true 801 atty's from esmoke4life. Most of them work great and Tom has some of the best customer service in the business. However, every once and a while I get one that never seems to break in even after several days of use. Those one's only produce about 50% of the vapor the good ones do. Do you ever have this problem with the low bridge attys? Any ways to fix them or are they just duds?

Do the low bridge atty's perform any different than the high? (other than the ease of dripping)

Thanks again for your help.

jboze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2009
Orange County, CA
Thanks for the input. I drip and have been using only the high bridge true 801 atty's from esmoke4life. Most of them work great and Tom has some of the best customer service in the business. However, every once and a while I get one that never seems to break in even after several days of use. Those one's only produce about 50% of the vapor the good ones do. Do you ever have this problem with the low bridge attys? Any ways to fix them or are they just duds?

Do the low bridge atty's perform any different than the high? (other than the ease of dripping)

Thanks again for your help.

They're probably duds. You can check the resistance to be sure. There are threads around on how to check the resistance if you search.

My low bridges from Eastmall produce about the same or slightly more vapor/taste than the SLB high bridges.

Both were giving me trouble with carts for the first couple days of use. The filler kept sticking to the bridge and burning. This problem went away after a few days of use. Both seem to be pretty reliable.

As a side note, for some reason all of my 801 and 510 atties recently seem to burn or not wick properly for the first couple days. Doesn't matter if I drip, use carts, flood them, or whatever. Maybe the wick just isn't soaking up the e-juice properly from the get go? I noticed they didn't have any primer fluid on them either so maybe that's where the problem is coming from.

Closet Toker

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2009
Trempealeau, WI.
I only drip. I've been using SLB801's from RMV. They are "high bridge" atomizers.

I've had good luck with these. My current atty is going strong on 22 days of use.

I use 190 proof, pure grain alcohol to clean my atomizers every 2-3 days.

I am a HEAVY vaporer. So far this cleaning method has worked very well for me. Cleaning restores wicking, returns easy draw, and flavor. I also believe regular cleaning keeps an atty running "cool", thus extending the life span.

I haven't used a low bridge 801 yet. No need to ... I am quite happy with SLB.

I really like the price also.... $7.00 a piece.

Last edited:

melly710

ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2009
I like both, I think the 112's have an easier draw and a little more vapor but I think the 801's have much better flavor. I can taste my juice more with the 801 but it tastes like more air than flavor with the 112. I have both high and low bridge 801's and they seem to be pretty much the same to me, I like the lows a little better.

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned how great the 302 is. Pumps out vapor, low bridge and great draw. Joye has them (2 hole) and Boge makes them (4 hole). Tube size is just slightly shorter than a DSE801 or RN4072. I have been using the hard tip carts from the RN4072 with them. I find the flavor comes through on them great.

Before that, I always bought the low bridge from Totally Wicked and EastMall. Great attys.

I won't use anything but low bridge on my 801 gear now.

As a side note, for some reason all of my 801 and 510 atties recently seem to burn or not wick properly for the first couple days. Doesn't matter if I drip, use carts, flood them, or whatever. Maybe the wick just isn't soaking up the e-juice properly from the get go? I noticed they didn't have any primer fluid on them either so maybe that's where the problem is coming from.

I remember when attys came soaked in liquid. Your right, they don't prime as heavy, so I always add 3 or 4 drops to the bridge on new attys now. At least we aren't tasting horrible primer liquids anymore!! I was glad most have stopped doing that.

jboze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2009
Orange County, CA
Jboze,

Where on heaven gifts are you seeing the choice for high bridge and low bridge 801's? I cant seem to find it. Is it listed as a different model number or something? Thanks.

Send an email to them to be sure. Wayne should get back to you. I can't find the thread on here atm, but someone quoted his email saying to specify at the time of ordering as to whether you want high or low bridge. Like I said, email Wayne to be sure.

CentroniX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 11, 2009
Austin, TX
Jboze,

Where on heaven gifts are you seeing the choice for high bridge and low bridge 801's? I cant seem to find it. Is it listed as a different model number or something? Thanks.

Wayne told me when you check out, specify that you want the low-bridge in the comments section.

On another note, I received my order of Joye302 attys from My Vapor Store yesterday, and just sat down with one this evening to drip with. I have to say, it's the best 801-style atomizer I've ever used! I will be stocking up on these ASAP!

Brian S

ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2008
My experience is that the Be112 is great on low voltage devices but that High Voltage like the Prodigy blows them out. I get a burnt taste on it like a wire is exposed or something.
Sorry to confuse the issue.

I have about 25 BE112s. The first one it tried lasted 14 weeks on my Prodigy before it died. I'm on the second now. Both are great performers vape wise and the construction is better than the typical 801. Do you drip or use carts? I use carts.

Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread