Which Cartomizer to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfstone5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2010
Somerset, Pennsylvania
No worries....you made a good choice. The CE2's will work well in your new box mod. They're a little bit of a pain to use but once you get the hang of it, they're great. You also may want to give the dual coil cartomizers a try. They vape really well and are a breeze to use. As far as MV substituting the USA mix, only they can answer that. By the way, you'll love the box mod. I bought one almost a year ago and it still vapes like a champ. I also bought the kit shortly after and it was a blast to build.

MASTER0FDAMPF

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2011
Philly
I've been using the 2.0 ohm cartomizers for my 3.7v batteries (auto 510s, and manuels), then I use the 3.2 cartomizers for my 5v box mod.

I've found that the 2.0 ohm cartomizers work better on the 3.7v then the 2.5s, or higher ohms for some reason. I generally feel more vaper, better throat hit and good flavor.

lower ohms=hotter coil that heats up quicker BUT uses more battery. The higher resistance, the cooler and more energy efficient the coil(s) will be.

I have found that for some juices (like my daily) that the vape flavor is better at 2.5, where as it is just too much flavor (almost tastes like unvaporized liquid) at 2.8-3.0. I love the Kona coffee at 2.8, but it taste burned at 2.5.

Lower ohmage will generally produce more vapor and stronger TH as long as you are not relying on alcohol for the TH.

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
What alcohol?

Some people add alcohol to thin their juices. Some vendors (madvapes for sure) use alcohol based flavors.

When you see someone on the forum saying they add PGA to thin their VG, that's what they are doing. PGA = pure grain alcohol.

Edit: there is some controversy over weather or not PGA increases TH. I've been reading the DIY threads for a few months. the topic comes up pretty often.

Last edited:

Pandy

Mar 29, 2011
Ohio
www.youtube.com
lower ohms=hotter coil that heats up quicker BUT uses more battery. The higher resistance, the cooler and more energy efficient the coil(s) will be.

I have found that for some juices (like my daily) that the vape flavor is better at 2.5, where as it is just too much flavor (almost tastes like unvaporized liquid) at 2.8-3.0. I love the Kona coffee at 2.8, but it taste burned at 2.5.

Lower ohmage will generally produce more vapor and stronger TH as long as you are not relying on alcohol for the TH.

Again, it all depends on what you like or dislike. I personally didn't feel much of any throat hit, or got much of any vaper from the 2.5ohms. I've personally like the 2.0ohms a lot better, and I generally have at least three to four of them running on three or four batteries.

What carto should i buy with my box mod ? Im getting a box mod 3.7V and want to know if i ca use my CE2 2.6-2.8 clearomizers, with it? Should I buy extra low Ohm cartos like the 2.4-2.6 Ce2? Or is that still too high of an Ohm?? Please give me a couple choices of what you found works best with MV boxmod? Thanks

I think you should try the Smoke Tech Cartos with different ohms to find the one you like, it is, all about personal tastes.

Madcaprym

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA. US
I got my 3.7 v box mod and i tried the smok tech cartos 2.0 ohm with it and did not like them at all! i finaly found for me using the 2.4-2.6 Ce2 Clearomizers work well. I thought the cartos (smok tech) that came with the kit tastes funky and didnt reflect the real taste of my juice. It just tasted like someone mixed flavors in the cartos. I did use my 2.8 ohm cartos clearomizer and they had a burnt taste? anyway this is just my opinion, love the box mod but my batts dont seem to last long?

do the batts come fully charged with the box kit ? or are u upposed to charge them first?? I only recieved about an hour and then the production dwindled?

captcpu

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Charge 'em up. Just got a VV box mod from MV (haven't put the 3.7V one together yet... heh). I also ordered dual coil cartos from another vendor, but they won't get here until tomorrow (that'll teach me to just order everything from MV in the future lol). I too haven't had hardly any luck with CE2s but looking forward to trying them on the VV... find the sweet spot and they might work better. Thanks for sharing your experiences so far! I'll try to follow up with results on the dual coil cartos, but I sure hear good things!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread