Where's The Nicotine Stains???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maggie3199

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2013
Ohio
Remember when we smoked strictly the stinkies and everything surrounding us was covered with "nicotine stains"?? Our fingers, the computer screen, the windows in our homes, the windshields in our vehicles, just about EVERYTHING, EVERYWHERE we smoked. And we called it nicotine stains!

Now, we vape juice with some amount of nicotine content.....where are the stains that we always dreaded? Were we wrong in placing the blame for the "yellow" in the past on the nicotine?

Just one of those things that makes me go hmmmm.....how about you?? Ok, vape on...:vapor:

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
I don't miss that yellow smoke/tar buildup. Although, there is a slight buildup that happens on the windshield of the car. Totally clear, but there just the same. It usually takes quite a while to build up. I think it is because we are so close to the windshield. I don't notice it on the side windows of the car and certainly don't notice any in my house anywhere. Just on the windshield.

But yeah, it is nice to not have that yellowing anywhere. :)

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
A Mardi Gras krewe I'm associated with bought a closed down honky tonk and converted into our meeting hall. The place had been in business for 30+ years and was a well known venue for local country bands, dancing, drinking, fighting and other activities normally associated with a honky tonk.

During the demolition phase of the conversion, we removed the ceiling tiles, drop down ceiling hardware and exhaust fans used to clear smoke out of the joint.

Our clothes, gloves and hair were literally coated with tobacco tar when we were done, and we all smelled like bucket full of cigarette butts. I'll never forget being so disgusted or so ashamed of being a smoker.

CommaHolly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Plant City, FL
A Mardi Gras krewe I'm associated with bought a closed down honky tonk and converted into our meeting hall. The place had been in business for 30+ years and was a well known venue for local country bands, dancing, drinking, fighting and other activities normally associated with a honky tonk.

During the demolition phase of the conversion, we removed the ceiling tiles, drop down ceiling hardware and exhaust fans used to clear smoke out of the joint.

Our clothes, gloves and hair were literally coated with tobacco tar when we were done, and we all smelled like bucket full of cigarette butts. I'll never forget being so disgusted or so ashamed of being a smoker.

I had a friend who died about 3 years ago,,,,,,,,,

she rented a room in another friend's house, so I went over to help my friend clear out her room,,,,,,,,

oh.my.god.

she smoked in her room,,,,,,,,,,,and it was disgusting,,,,,,,

we tried EVERYTHING to get rid of those smells and stains,,,,,,,,,

we finally emptied the room, ripped out the carpet, and washed the walls.

You can STILL faintly smell the cigarettes in there and that was 3 years ago.

Somewhere up in Heaven my friend is smiling because I quit,,,,,,,,,,,we were smoking buddies,,,,,,,,,and I miss her dreadfully. She was only 60.

She's one of the main reasons I quit. I was 45,,,,,,,,,the thought of only having 15 years of life left scared the bejeesus out of me.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
I had a friend who died about 3 years ago,,,,,,,,,

she rented a room in another friend's house, so I went over to help my friend clear out her room,,,,,,,,

oh.my.god.

she smoked in her room,,,,,,,,,,,and it was disgusting,,,,,,,

we tried EVERYTHING to get rid of those smells and stains,,,,,,,,,

we finally emptied the room, ripped out the carpet, and washed the walls.

You can STILL faintly smell the cigarettes in there and that was 3 years ago.

Somewhere up in Heaven my friend is smiling because I quit,,,,,,,,,,,we were smoking buddies,,,,,,,,,and I miss her dreadfully. She was only 60.

She's one of the main reasons I quit. I was 45,,,,,,,,,the thought of only having 15 years of life left scared the bejeesus out of me.

I cannot "like" that post, but I do want to acknowledge it. I am so sorry for your loss. It is our gain though. ;)

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
I always called it "smoke stains" but yeah it was the tar. It was because of the stains and the smells that I never smoked in my house or allowed anyone else to either. I am just happy my car doesn't still smell like smoke and i finally got all of the ashes out. My car looks so much better on the inside now without ashes everywhere.

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
Face down in the gutter, USA
sings ...
"Ive got nicotine stains on my fingers ... I've got a silver spoon on a chain ... got a grand piano to prop up my mortal remains"

:2cool:
JD

Bah, now i gotta go dig out the movie and put it on in the background.:p

Been many years since its been out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread