Where you started... To where you are now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

coalyard

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
Rome, NY, USA
Started with Chantix from the doctor, and that got my smoking to under 10 cigs a day from 3 packs a day. I was going to run out of that, so I picked up an Encore kit at the head shop, and never smoked again. Well, that encore kit didn't have standard threads on the batteries, but I never would have known the difference. Had to just buy new clearos at 10 bucks a pop. I got sick of that, and bought a couple of South Beach smoke AIRS, for 30 bucks each. Same thing...the clearos had to be tossed, and I couldn't find new ones anyway. I was >< this close to starting smoking again.

I happened to spot a vape shop, so I stopped in and the rest is history. I left with my VMAX topped with an IClear 30. Then I did some research and bought a couple Kanger PT2's and IClear 30s's. Then a VTR. Then I started re-building coils for the PT's. Then I got the SVD. Then a KFL+ clone. Then a couple more of those.

Sound familiar? I am pretty well set and happy now, just purchasing juice for the time being. My next big purchase will be a ZNA. Trip to Rochester for that one. I will probably buy another VTR too, so I can remove the ring from one of those to fit my KFL's. Oh yeah, I'm stocking up on nic base for when the commies here in NY finally ban or tax the crap out of e-liquid.

It never ends... ^..^(____)~~~

StillMaticc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2013
Brooklyn, New York
Started with the desire to quit or reduce my smoking habit.
1. Njoy from 7-Eleven: Reduced my smoking a bit but failed and led to me smoking more than I previously did.
2. EON Smoke branded cig-a-like: This was months later and it worked for a while, but was not enough.
3. eGo T + CE4: Bingo!!!!!!!!!!: This led me to doing some research and brought me here to ECF.... This was also the day my wallet turned against me.
4. eGo Spinner + Carto Tanks: Loved these for a while until they frustrated me too much with the leaking/flooding/mess.
5. Vamo v2: eh
6. Vapage Vmod XL: Loved this when it worked......
7. Sigelei #19/#19e/#20 + Foggers/RSST/AGAT2/various RBA's
8. Smok E-pipe: I owned it, but never really used it.
9. GP Paps v2.5 + Taifun GT: Flavor, ohmy!!!

and then I was enlightened...

10. Reosmods Reo Grand + RM2: Vape Heaven. All other equipment was Sold/Traded/Pif'ed/Trashed in an effort to get another Reo/RM2.

Now im back on good terms with my wallet, at least until I visit reosmods.com :vapor:
Health wise, after a year of vaping i've returned to the gym to find that working out/exercising has become much easier and even enjoyable now that I can breathe again.

Deeo

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I started with an ego and i still have an ego. Will be buying something else sometime in the near future just not sure what yet. I enjoy vaping however finding ejuices i like are hard. I like 3 so far. I started at 18-16-12 and now at 6mg. Sometimes i have a haul off the 12 mg when i feel cigarette craving is strong. I was going to go down 1mg at a time but i am thinking just vaping 0nic and then hauling on the 6mg when cravings get strong. I have been wanted to make my own juice but i was worried about the nicotine and dealing with that but i with being at 6mg now i am thinking i am going to at least make my own 0nic ejuices soon and see how it goes.

As for converting others, i have converted one person and he lives 2 hours away. So i am still the only one that i know of in my small town that vapes. I am hoping in time that changes because it would be nice to have someone to talk to and show me more about ecigs such as dripping coils etc.

A friend convinced me to give them a try. I read up on them a bit (not here) and started with a Volcano cigalike kit. I knew right away it wasn't going to work for me, so I moved up to an eGo-C kit about a week later. I was happy with those for a few weeks, tried an eGo Twist, then I got a Sigelei zMax, figuring if VV was good, VW must be better (it is!). I've got a couple of zMaxes now and one Vamo. I use iClear 30S clearos. Order all my juice from Mister-E because every other juice I've tried has a weird chemical taste to it.

I've introduced eight people to vaping (so far), suggesting they steer clear of cigalikes, start with eGo's and Mister-E juice and join ECF. As far as I know, all of them are still vaping. One is even in the process of opening a brick and mortar vape shop.

CountBoredom

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2014
San Diego, CA, USA
I had a friend whose wife bought him a mall ciggalike starter kit about 4 years ago. It looked goofy to me and my friend said that the juice tasted like rat #1. No thanks, I'll stick with my cigs. Fast forward to earlier this year and I noticed a number of people out and about using things that didn't look like cigs and they seemed pretty happy. I also started hearing all the stories on the news about ecigs being marketed to kids, yadda yadda yadda. But it did get me thinking that 1) this could be better for me than smoking, 2) that it might also taste better, and 3) even if they just helped me smoke less that I could save money. I probably won't really quit, I thought, but it might be worth it to check out. It's a strange irony that the negative publicity in the media is what finally spurred me to look into vaping.

So, even though I had just started another carton of cigs, I went to a local vape shop that I had heard about on the radio (Vapure) and they set my up with an Ego started kit and some flavors. Needless to say it took me a month (instead of a week) to finish the carton, and when I stubbed the last one out, I wondered how long I could go without buying more. It's still early, but I'm a day past a week and I have no regrets. The only desire I have for a cigarette now is just to see if they taste as bad as they smell to me.

I'm getting close to pulling the trigger on an iTaste vv3, MVP2, and/or a Vamo V5, probably with some different tanks than my Kanger MT3s for good measure. Who knows where it will go from there.

4Yankee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2014
United States
My curve was short, fast and expensive. Went from an ego back to coffin nails to an ego c to a provape 1 to a turtle ship to a Kato hammer to a REO. Not to be a fanboy but I should have gone from the ego to a REO. would've saved hundreds of dollars. I don't think I'll be changing it up any more. I have arrived.

Sent from my mind using telepathy

DKP#

ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2012
Missouri, USA
I tried a disposable just to see if there was anything to e-cigs
Upgraded to a rechargeable cigalike. Cut down on smoking. I didn't care for the cartridges because they were inconstant.
I got online and started looking for liquid to refill them and discovered the ego-c. Got a starter kit and DIY stuff as an investment. I figured that it would pay for itself if I cut down on smoking and promised myself (and wife) that I would. Not long after, I got a CE5. Well, the thing did pay for itself but since I was still smoking too, I worried that I might be becoming even more addicted to nicotine and quit vaping.

ego-c diy_small.jpg

After several months I was ready to give it another try with less pressure on myself to quit smoking and better equipment. Got a Joye Twist 1000 mAh and a Vision vivi nova mini (and several other clearos). I made a rule for myself, I could smoke as much as I wanted, as long as it was standing in the kitchen. Found myself cutting down rapidly without even trying because I would vape to put off smoking so I wouldn't have to go stand in the kitchen. Down from 35 a day to 3-5 within 30 days with almost no effort. The last few were difficult to leave behind, it felt like I was abandoning an old friend, but I did it.

3 egos_small.jpg

I needed another VV so I wouldn't have to use the fixed batteries while the twist charged. Got an SVD to save money since the replacement batteries were bigger and only about 10 bucks, compared to the $27 I'd spent on the twist. Also got a couple VV's for my wife, since I'd found them so cheap at fasttech.

VAD_small.jpg

I'd been wondering how difficult rebuilding would be with my poor eyesight. Rebuilt a nova head and decided it was feasible.
Got an ATA-T2 and Rocket rebuildable and entered the hobby phase. I found I really like the chimney types though I'd only got the rocket as a toy. Recently got a kayfun 3.1 and Patriot RDA (not pictured) to sample flavors.

rocket and 31_small.jpg.jpg

I now put $10 a week in my vaping fund, whether I need it or not. Occasionally I get hobby electronics stuff instead.
It's been quite a journey, accumulating shiny stuff. Thinking of getting a mech next.
Makes me smile to think I could have spent a lot more and ended up with this:

alternative.jpg

My morning cough is gone as well as my chronic sinus problems. My lungs feel better but still don't feel as good as they did for the two weeks I quit smoking once using the patch. Probably the high PG I use since VG doesn't agree with me. I'm working on trying not to inhale so much and get my fix through mouth and throat absorption. Maybe a mech will help.:)

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
I started with a Blu disposable. Then I bought a genuine EVOD starter kit. The EVOD tanks were quickly replaced by Protanks.

I bought an SVD after that cause I thought it looked cool and Star Warsy. The threading gave up the ghost so the only upgrade I could think of was to the ProVari! IBTankeds came right after, and as of this moment is my preferred setup, and I couldn't be happier!

My health has vastly improved. I can breathe again, I don't get wheezy taking the trash out and my wife loves that I don't stink anymore.

I haven't saved any money really, although I haven't really paid that much attention. Im stockpiling my 4-5 favorite juices and nic base in case of the Vapeocolypse.

Sent from my Atari 2600 using Tapatalk.

Joe13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
My brother, a smoker, came over with a disposable one day and let me try it. I think it was an NJoy. Not bad. Not great either. I think I bought a couple.

Decided on a Blu rechargeable from the *vast* selection at Walgreens. After about a week, I began to realize this thing was a piece of crap. The batteries were nowhere near powerful enough, and the cartridges didn't last long before the performance suffered. "Close" only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades.

Back to smoking analogs for two more years.

Went on Chantix for three months. Noticed a slight decrease in desire, but I never quit smoking.

With the Chantix gone, I knew I needed to try something else. I remembered my cig-a-like experiences, and I knew I needed a bigger battery and better atomizer. I found ECF online.

At first I was overwhelmed. Too many choices. It was frustrating.

I think I saw a Halo banner, and I went to their web site. I placed an order for the Triton. I had never tried one of these larger things, but I knew intuitively that it had to be more powerful. After ordering, I watched some YouTube reviews, and I was stoked to see the clouds being produced (compared to my previous experiences with cig-a-likes).

The Triton arrived on a Saturday afternoon back in September. I filled it up and took a few hits. Then, I ceremoniously walked the rest of my pack of analogs to the trash can outside and flipped the bird at them. I knew I finally had a decent device. I vaped like a fiend all day.

24 hours, no analogs. One week, no analogs. One month, no analogs! I was thrilled, my wife was thrilled.

A B&M shop opened near me, and I was able to sample some flavors. Got an adapter and a ProTank.

Began mixing my own e-liquids.

Got a dripper and an iTaste VV.

Got a Provari and IBTanked carto tank. Smoktech Pyrex UDC, iClear 16's, and an Aspire BDC.

Got 5 AeroTanks and learned to rebuild their coils.

Got a Vamo and a Kayfun Lite.

dshgr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Western Maryland
Was a 1.5 to 2 PAD smoker (in my house) for 37 years until Mid December, 2013. Father in hospital so I went to stay with Mom to help. Dad died in January and I stayed to help through the mess he left (long story). Didn't come home till mid February. All this time I was going outside to smoke in the bitter winter we had. Bought a V2 rechargable at the gas station after about the 100th (it seemed) snowfall.

The V2 kind of worked. Cut down smoking a little. When I got home I realized how much my house stunk! Tried to quit with the V2 but still smoking. Feb 25 I discovered a local vape shop. Expensive, but I bought an ego setup with clearos and some juice. Vaped the rest of that day. Next day got up and vaped. Around 2:00 I lit a cigarette, took 3 drags and put it out. That was my last cig. Longest I've quit in the past was 2 weeks.

Went to see Mom and forgot my charger! Found Vape Dojo in Ellicott City. The nicest, sweetest people in the world! And their prices were great! Bought another charger, a PT2 and some juice. Found ECF on the internet.

Stopped at Vape Dojo every week on the way to see Mom. They taught me so much! I started rebuilding coils for my PT2.

Bought an MVP2 from them. And some Aerotanks. They taught me about RBAs and let me play with theirs.

I bought a little RBA online that I use sometimes but the Aerotank gives me exactly what I want so I bought a few more from Vape Dojo.

Just started DIY and my first batch is steeping.

I think I'm set. I love my MVP2, but I'm a chain vaper and it dies around 7:00 every day so I use the egos as backup. Might buy another MVP2.

The V2 was 18mg, the juices I've bought are 12. I've mixed my juices down to 9mg and 6mg with plain pg/vg. Not missing the nic.

My son is vaping now and down to just a few cigs a day and my husband is vaping in hopes of giving up his summer cigars.

We are all happier and healthier. Not saving any money because this is now a hobby! And I spend way too much time on this forum......:facepalm:

Tomthern

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
White River Junction, VT
I started with the 54 cigalike. I wasn't happy with it and still smoking. So I decided a few months ago to try something different. I got an ego then a Vamo and now an MVP2. I Just got the Kanger Areotank and haven't looked back to analogues. I am very happy with this. Still not ready to rebuild or DIY maybe that will change but for now I'm not worried about that. This now has become a but of an obsession and I haven't felt better.

NahkriinKrosis

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2014
texas
My curve was short, fast and expensive. Went from an ego back to coffin nails to an ego c to a provape 1 to a turtle ship to a Kato hammer to a REO. Not to be a fanboy but I should have gone from the ego to a REO. would've saved hundreds of dollars. I don't think I'll be changing it up any more. I have arrived.

Sent from my mind using telepathy

This makes me want a REO! Too bad I like my balls and know my girlfriend would castrate me:(

TaraDacty1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Maryland
Started out with a cig-a-like (v2cigs) and now I have a GG, Nemesis, Provari Mini, JM16 (with another one on the way), Kayfun, scubatank with V2 diver, RSST, GP spheroid, GUS Ailos on the way (thanks ECF!), and an Aspire Nautilus.

Also started out on nothing but menthol but slowly working my way away from it. Too many delicious flavors I was missing out on!

I feel healthier, I don't stink, and...... I finally have a hobby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread