Where to get PG locally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VaporTrails

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2011
Somewhere High.
Wow, thanks for the fast responses. I checked out TSS, doesn't look like they have locations here in UT. I imagine this isn't an item I could get at Walmart or the local grocery store? I asked about it yesterday at a local grocery store and got blank stares in response.

What other applications is PG used for where they would sell it in a certain isle of the store? Google brings back a ton of different things.

Youmadbrah

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2011
Cairo,Egypt
Wow, thanks for the fast responses. I checked out TSS, doesn't look like they have locations here in UT. I imagine this isn't an item I could get at Walmart or the local grocery store? I asked about it yesterday at a local grocery store and got blank stares in response.

What other applications is PG used for where they would sell it in a certain isle of the store? Google brings back a ton of different things.

Propylene glycol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

BTW , why can't u buy it online ?

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
You can order online, multiple places. DIY places tend to be a bit pricey, per ounce. Tractor Supply Company or other farm-oriented places sell the bulk PG USP, just hunt for the best shipping price.

If there's no TSS near you, check to see if you have any general farm supply stores locally. PG USP is used to treat a skin condition in livestock. As long as it says Propylene Glycol USP you will be fine. We reference TSS often only because they are a pretty widespread chain.

AzPlumber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Arizona
You can order online, multiple places. DIY places tend to be a bit pricey, per ounce. Tractor Supply Company or other farm-oriented places sell the bulk PG USP, just hunt for the best shipping price.

If there's no TSS near you, check to see if you have any general farm supply stores locally. PG USP is used to treat a skin condition in livestock. As long as it says Propylene Glycol USP you will be fine. We reference TSS often only because they are a pretty widespread chain.

I've seen this posted several times but PG is actually used to treat dairy cattle for a condition called ketosis. It is administered through a feeding tube.
PG is also used in a multitude of skin care products for humans. Maybe that's where the confusion comes from?

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Az -- Thanks for the clarification, you're of course right. Cows drink it, we put it on our skin and inhale it :)

Online, GP sells PG 4 ounces (120 ml) for $5: VG/PG/Nic Bases

If you are up for the 1 gallon buy, keep an eye on PIF Deals and Steals, periodically an online shop will sell bulk pretty cheap, with low cost shipping.

Last edited:

oldsoldier

Retired ECF Forum Manager
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2010
Lurking in the shadows
www.reboot-n.com

A feed store would sell it as well. It has veterinary applications (treatment of Ketosis)

AzPlumber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Arizona
Az -- Thanks for the clarification, you're of course right :)

Online, GP sells PG 4 ounces (120 ml) for $5: VG/PG/Nic Bases

If you are up for the 1 gallon buy, keep an eye on PIF Deals and Steals, periodically an online shop will sell bulk pretty cheap, with low cost shipping.

markfm, didn't mean to sound like a know it all but i was raise in rural AZ and several of my classmates parents were dairy farmers. I have shoved a few feeding tubes in myself however at the time I had no idea what I was feeding them. After starting to vape and doing a little research, all those fond memories came flooding back.

lfries1990

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
New York

DZ

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2011
Littleton, CO
I had to speak with the pharmacist at Safeway and he ordered it for me took a day to get in, the label is pretty bland here is a link to their site Paddock Laboratories, Inc. look under products, agree to terms then look under P and it will be bottom right hand corner.

When I spoke to him, he had no problems ordering it for me just took him a min. to find it in their system, he never even asked what I wanted it for. The price is $20 for a pint 400 and something ML

13zy77t.jpg

Last edited:

VaporTrails

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2011
Somewhere High.
Well the local Walmart won't order it. But you can find it on Ebay $6.94 for 4oz. Hope this helps you out.
Propylene Glycol PG USP 99.8 4 oz Net Wt | eBay

I ended up going this route, and that seller shipped it out quick. After checking out most of the farm/tractor supply places here in town, I couldn't find the PG. However one of these day's I'll probably stumble across it inadvertently. Much appreciated for including this link!

I found I need to add a few drops of PG to my darker juices which have steepened up pretty good over the past few months. A couple drops in a 3ml tank has seemed to work on keeping the longevity of the carto's I use. One of these juices in particular is my all dayer, love the flavor! However it clogs the carto within a couple days. PG seems to be the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread