• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Where to get blank cartos that look like real cig filters in the UK?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
I tried re-fillable cartridges and didn't find them satisfactory at all. I still do use the small clearomisers with the smaller cig size batteries - useful for out and about and for trying or using smaller quantities.

For every day use I have Kanger Evod and eSmarts.

Hi Trish, cartos are okay if you use them with a decent tank, I have some lockable UDCT v2 tanks and an AGR one using Smok flanged cartos, one with some nice CLS in it, I also have a couple of smaller clearos like the Unitank Mini and Mini Vivi Novas, but for day to day use I prefer the larger tanks like the iClear XI, 30s etc. for testing I have some RDAs or use a 510 bridgeless atomizer.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
The mini Vivi Nova looks good.
I tried re-filling some of the pre-filled cartridges from the likes of SmartCigs and V2, and did them OK but they weren't terribly good to use! Was happy to move on to the small clearomiser type instead :)

I can't get past the Evod/mini PT2 size somehow ..not sure I'd want anything bigger.
I like the ones for the eSmart, and I can get those to fit either 510 or 808 - nice for smaller capacity ones. V2 make some decent ones too, V2 Ex Blanks £13.95 for 3, so not exactly cheap.

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
The mini Vivi Nova looks good.

They're not too bad, might feel a bit hotter as the coil is at the top with longer wicks hanging down into the juice

I can't get past the Evod/mini PT2 size somehow ..not sure I'd want anything bigger.
I like the ones for the eSmart, and I can get those to fit either 510 or 808 - nice for smaller capacity ones. V2 make some decent ones too, V2 Ex Blanks £13.95 for 3, so not exactly cheap.

Don't know where you are in the UK but have you been to any Vape Meets, it's a good introduction to all the different types of Mods and Atties that are around, and it's amazing how many ladies use something like the VTR, eVic or MVP, you can also find out about some of the different juices that you may not have tried yet.

EDIT: are you in the AAEC forum ??, it's very friendly in there, and lots of ladies as well

Last edited:

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
I have a few with those top coils - they're OK, but I am finding the BC ones better to use! :) I just ordered some wickless CE4's to see what they're like for smaller quantities.

I'm on the upper N. Yorkshire border, but to be honest, meetings don't really appeal to me.

Plus, it takes me all my time to actually go out to the supermarket etc. ..I get very little free time being self employed with something very time consuming, and also seem to have slowed down considerably in the past year or so. A case of if I don't work, I don't even get a chance to earn.
I sleep late and work late in order to get some uninterrupted work time, yet still give time to my family.

All things 'smoking' stay in my work room generally - that's how it was with cigarettes, and makes sense for me to keep it that way. Equals less use of nicotine if I don't carry it about the house! :D I do take a small one with me if out and about, but if I use it, it's usually out of the way. Haven't been used to smoking around people for a long time, and many still find e-cigs etc. a bit odd anyway ..don't like being an object of scrutiny! :laugh:
Been using mostly 0.6 recently, and seem OK with that.

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
I have a few with those top coils - they're OK, but I am finding the BC ones better to use! :) I just ordered some wickless CE4's to see what they're like for smaller quantities.

I'm on the upper N. Yorkshire border, but to be honest, meetings don't really appeal to me.

Thought you might be from oop norf :), nice part of the country, keep meaning to get up that way to go to Grosmont for the NYMR, and they're not really meetings, more of get togethers, usually in a local pub, not sure if there would be any up there, as they are usually in cities like Sheffield.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
It is nice - NY Moors is lovely and a few nice coastal places too.

One of our favourite places is Oban or Mull W Scotland - my paternal Grandmothers birthplace and former home to much of that side of the family. We fully intended to move there when my husband retired, but practicalities came into play and we decided to stay put.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
There were a number of names from Dad's Mothers family on the war memorial in Oban. Seeing all my Dad's side of the family is gone now, and none of his siblings had children, I don't know of any others. No doubt some descendants up there and scattered around though.
We did love Oban.
Dad's Father was from Sowerby Bridge, and that was where his Mother settled when they were married back in 1908.

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
I managed to trace back to the late 18th Century, where my 6 x great grandfather was born somewhere in Ireland, couldn't trace his wife, but his son's wife also was born in Ireland, whilst tracing the family, I was contacted by a distant member of the family tree who is up in Stirling, turned out he is cousin from a different part of the tree. I only have one male cousin from the same line, my dad's brother's son, all other of his siblings were girls, and only one of their children was a boy, luckily I have a son and grandson, so the Robert Waller name lives on for a few more years yet. (All of the tree was either Robert, Joseph or Ingles), not much imagination there. :)

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
I did a bit of the family tree thing, but didn't get much further back than 1800's.

Dad's mothers name had been MacColl, and she gave it to the eldest son as a middle name ...I was around 40 by the time I realised that Uncle 'Mac' actually had another first name!
Didn't see any more passing down of names though with the others.
Same in my Mothers Family - no passing down of names. Shame too, because her dad, James was killed in France when she was 3 weeks old and never even saw her, so no more 'James' in the family.
Didn't give our sons any family names either.
I'm the last in the line of my dad's fathers family.

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
1790-1800 is about as far back as you can get using the internet for Scotland, any further means physically going up there and looking for local records, Ireland is even worse, especially if you don't know where they set off from, as there are no passenger/crew lists between there and Scotland. I've given up tracing any further back.

PS my grandson has James as his 2nd name, and our Clan name Cameron (of Lochiel) as his 3rd (he had to be different in having 2 middle names).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread