Where to find different types of 801 carts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikea

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2009
Seattle
I have atomizers for the 801 from several vendors, and it seems maybe they aren't all "real" 801 atomizers. They might be non-801 atomizers that still sort of fit the 801 batteries. (Not all do, though. Some I ordered a couple of months ago from a vendor in China don't work at all with auto batteries I ordered from the same vendor a couple of months before that! The threads just don't mate properly and the electrical contact is not good.)

The latest hassle with the 801 stuff has been the cartridges. The first batch of 801 cartridges I got don't fit at all well in some of the atomizers -- they are so loose that they almost fall out -- and once in a while, they come out when I'm withdrawing them from my mouth. They seem to get looser and looser over time, too. I guess this is related to other variations in atomizers that I've seen with 801 gear.

Someone I know here in the forum says there are hard-tip 801 cartridges and soft-tip ones. I have no idea which I have, really. The mouthpieces aren't super-hard plastic like I got with whistle-tip carts for my 510. But these 801 mouthpieces don't feel "soft," exactly.

Does anyone know what vendor sells more than one type of 801 cart? I guess my best shot is to try more than one type until I have figured out which ones fit better.

Thanks in advance...

Moved On
Oct 16, 2009
  • Deleted by ZambucaLu
  • Reason: unregistered supplier

mikea

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2009
Seattle
Really,if need,i can provide one to you free.:)
Thanks. I have a number of them. What I'm hoping to find is a source of several types -- soft tip and hard tip -- so that I can figure out which of these correctly fit the atomizers I have. 801 gear comes from several sources and not all parts sold as "801" are 100% compatible with all other parts. I didn't even know until recently that there's such a thing as a hard tip 801 mouthpiece, vs. soft tip, and at the moment I have no idea which I have or what the other type looks like or where to find it...

If there were such a thing as a larger-capacity cart for the 510 I'd retire this 801 stuff in a heartbeat or sell it off for cheap. I'm surprised nobody ever did make larger capacity cartridges for the 510 -- it's kind of a no-brainer of a good accessory...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread