Status
Not open for further replies.

TomCatt

Da Catt
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Upland, PA
We see all the discussions on the Provari, the Buzz (Pro), the Reos, etc. Is there anyone around who prefers, and loves, a B.O.B.?

What is a B.O.B.? Why it's a Big Ole Boxmod! :D Yeah, Reos are box modish; but I'm talkin' 'bout battery boxes, project boxes, boxes made for 'emergency chargers', 'n stuff like that.

I started out with a 510 cig-style kit (well that was my first 'real' ecig) and then started making myself Puck-style box mods. Pucks use simple easy to get parts. I changed from the original Puck by using a 510 connector. A typical Puck is made with two 4 AAA battery boxes connected together. Pucks use NiMH batteries; so you need 4 to give you ~4.8V.

I just like a good box mod; you can sit it up on end and if it falls over, it's not rolling anywhere. I'm not really into expensive mods cause I know at some point I'm going to drop it. I've dropped my Pucks on numerous occasions and actually they've survived. I just usually have to find all the parts and put it back together :laugh:

Mad Vapes and others sell B.O.B.s; but I've gotten bit by the Modding Bug and have been making my own. I have a 5V box mod in a 3"x2"x1" RadioShack box and a VV in a 4"x2.25"x1" box I got off of eBay. And I'm making more :shock:

Here are some of my B.O.Bs:
ACDC-4.jpg

A B.O.B. may not get all the OOOOOs and AHHHHHs that one of the high end tube mods get; but BOB gets me through each and every day.

SO ARE THERE ANY OTHERS OUT THERE WHO LOVE THEIR B.O.B.? :D

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
Just ordered a vv box mod kit today to put together.
I can solder no problem did much of that with a hobby of mine, just not real good with concept of electrical put together but there are pictures where to solder this and that which i can do.
Do i understand how the eletrical parts work -no- but it will be fun especially if it works for 17.99.

my4jewels

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2011
Maine
I love my B.O.B. I have VV mod from Krimson Kustoms that uses 2 18650 batts. Just love this thing. The batts last all day and then some. Big ole awesome hit from those 18650's at just over 5V. Also have a great little 14500 evercool VV boxmod, also from KK.

I must admit that I am also getting a taste for the lovely wood boxmods, and I have a few on the way...

TomCatt

Da Catt
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Upland, PA
I am thinking of grabbing a madvapes vv box. Ive always avoided boxes in the past because im rough on gear. Was worried they may not hold up

Go for it Tersur! The BOBs are tougher than people give them credit for.

For those non-BOBers checking this out 'n sayin' "No way, no BOBs for me, I'll just smash it"; do a search for Rocketman here on ECF. Rocket has built himself some indestructible BOBs.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Nelson76

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 8, 2011
Rhode Island
B.O.B. Not holding up ha ha, nothing another solder joint can't fix if it even gets that bad, I dropped one of my ego types and it couldn't take the hit,figures since it couldn't hit as hard as B.O.B,My $14 1hr mod only leaves my sight when the batteries are on the charger every other day. Now if I could only find an original small box to build another one I'd have 2.

Str8V8ping

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2011
NYC
I love my boxmods . They are easier and more functional imo . I find my self vaping on my box mods over my tube mods which is weird because before i started box mods didnt really appeal to me .

Heres some of mine

DARKNITE (2)18650 VV powerhouse OKR-T
nv555.jpg

nv5.jpg

nv6.jpg

BlackBox (2) 14500 VV powerhouse OKR-T
ffff.jpg

dd.jpg

ddd.jpg

zz.jpg

Bugatti (2) 14500 VV Bottomfeeder OKR-T (Custom Built case with built in flashlight)
fine.jpg

bg6.jpg

bu7.jpg

bg11.jpg

bg8.jpg

bg7.jpg

bg3.jpg

bg1.jpg

bugatti_veyron_pur_sang_a.jpg

My Nucleus VV evercool (1 or 2)14500 in paralel
n7.jpg

n6.jpg

oe67.jpg

n2.jpg

N1.jpg

Ok not a BOB but My cyprus vv boost copper mod with built in digital adjustment and display is a BOM ( Big ol Mod)
collection.jpg

Got so many BOB's lol .

Str8V8ping

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2011
NYC
Ooooooo, PURTY BOBs, Str8! :thumbs:

Yep, if a plain ole BOB ain't yer style, you can bling it up!

Here are some more blinged BOBs:

11t3340.jpg

IMAG0242.jpg

Thanks . NoOOOOOOOOOOOOOO not a Yankee BOB :( :( :( . You need a METS BOB ,well actually i need a METS BOB but you do need a mets sticker over the yankee logo . lol Nice looking bling other than the yankee bling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread