When will dreams/wakings/insomnia go away?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirssstens

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
Thodeepught
I'm at my one month anniversary and vivid dreams/frequent wakings/insomnia are at their peak. I use 18 mg e juice.

Ashamed to say, I quit for 2 years some time ago by using the patch and gum at the same time. I have read other posts here and I don't remember having these symptoms when I quit before. Or maybe I was too busy fighting off urges to notice.

It's almost as if I'm only half asleep. Isn't that why we remember our dreams so well because we wake during that cycle when normally we would'nt?

So when is it going to stop? Or is it?

Thanks friend for drying my tears.

I've read this is a side effect of NRTs.

But, I don't know much else about it.
I do know that the reason dreams become vivid or even lucid is because the sleep cycle gets disturbed.

I myself haven't had this problem. Perhaps it's too much nicotine?
There are a number of possible other factors that could cause this too. Maybe dig a bit deeper into what else has changed or is happening in your life besides vaping?

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
That is another symptom of withdrawal. When everything levels out you will sleep like a baby. I didn't sleep well for years, because I was coughing all the time. Makes a guy feel pretty sluggish and not able to rest. And yes, maybe cut down the juice is good, especially at night. Too high nic will make you feel wired! Watch the sugar, as well.
Maybe would help to get on a high-fiber, low carb, antioxident juices, fresh fruits and veggies, etc. Keeping your body well fed adds to a more comfortable transition as well.
And do drink lots of WATER!!! Your body is cleansing itself, give it some help. It is also missing the MAOI's that combusted tobacco gives, that 'euphoria', and e-cigs do not. That could explain some of the interrupted dream factors.

Last edited:

bwood12043

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2008
East Texas
No analogs for a year now, but was still having fitful sleep, for a while I just attributed that to the dire nature of nation's predicament right now and the frustation that comes with that....

However, I was able to have good sleep with just one Benedry, so I did that for a while... of course the antihistamine added to the PG was really drying me out...

Now, I just lower my nic at night by using low nic juice to top off early evening until bedtime. Works like a charm ! Then, it's back to the higher nic in the morning with coffee or tea.

Good luck and if you are going to dream, hope they are good ones.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread