When people here say they "quit", what exactly do they mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xpinchx

Nov 20, 2009
Lots of people with images in their sigs saying how long they've been smoke-free, how much money they save, etc. Are you guys actually nicotine free and you're just staying around here to support others? Or you just switched to vaping? Some of both? I know some people just like to vape (and are proud of it, lol) and that's why you're here, but I'm talking about when people say they "quit."

Just wondering.

catwoman19

ECF Veteran
Jul 16, 2009
Orlando
Lots of people with images in their sigs saying how long they've been smoke-free, how much money they save, etc. Are you guys actually nicotine free and you're just staying around here to support others? Or you just switched to vaping? Some of both? I know some people just like to vape (and are proud of it, lol) and that's why you're here, but I'm talking about when people say they "quit."

Just wondering.

We have quit tobacco, most of us are vaping, a few have quit everything:)

SmilingSlasher

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2009
NC
I tell my family that I have quit using tobacco, and opted for a nicotine delivery system that gives me the satisfaction of "smoking" without all the other chemicals. Plus, I have found that, for me (maybe not others), it doesn't matter what strength nicotine I am vaping........0mg or upwards of 24-36mg.......i enjoy it and vape no more or no less than usual. I think it is more than just the nicotine for some of us.

Canute

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran

Just wondering.

Assuming that you may be a person simply doing some research into what's up with all this e-cig noise. I think it's important to understand that nicotine is NOT the harmful part of cigarettes. When I say not the harmful part I am not suggesting that it is in fact healthy but only that the other 4000+ other chemicals and carcinogens in cigarettes are primarily what makes them one of the leading causes of death in the United States. Ask any one of us to take a pulmonary function test (I'm an ex commercial diver and all to accustomed to taking them) before switching to PV's as compared to after.....and trust me.....we have all the right in the world to say....WE HAVE QUIT.

Slickstick

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Assuming that you may be a person simply doing some research into what's up with all this e-cig noise. I think it's important to understand that nicotine is NOT the harmful part of cigarettes. When I say not the harmful part I am not suggesting that it is in fact healthy but only that the other 4000+ other chemicals and carcinogens in cigarettes are primarily what makes them one of the leading causes of death in the United States. Ask any one of us to take a pulmonary function test (I'm an ex commercial diver and all to accustomed to taking them) before switching to PV's as compared to after.....and trust me.....we have all the right in the world to say....WE HAVE QUIT.

Well said!

Slickstick

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
That doctor in the video is of course wrong about the flavors being unpalatable to adults. Someone should clue him in... I say as I vape my English Toffee with a hint of banana!

On the other hand, how many of us actually thought that we'd be loving the fruit and other non-tobacco flavors? Not me.

Indeed. Love my caramel, english toffee and keoke coffee. We all must be children according to him.

That doctor in the video is of course wrong about the flavors being unpalatable to adults. Someone should clue him in... I say as I vape my English Toffee with a hint of banana!

On the other hand, how many of us actually thought that we'd be loving the fruit and other non-tobacco flavors? Not me.
Of course, the doctor has most likely never been a smoker, nor has he tasted the tobacco-flavored e-cigs, which to me always tasted like crap. Now I lean mostly toward the creamy vanilla, chocolate, almond blends, although occasionally I'll go for a lighter fruity savor.

~~Cheryl, accidentally quit analogs "cold turkey" last March 14th.

Canute

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran

I have to admit that when I smoked analogs I would have agreed with him. Pretty dumb on my behalf I have to say now. I find myself liking vaping more and more each day and asking myself "Why would I want to by the liquid that specifically tastes bad and like the crap that was killing me for 24 years?". Definitely disagree with him on that point!

Valkerie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2009
Lincoln Park, NJ
You never know what flavors you'll vape, once you start using an e-cig. Vendors sometimes include liquid samples with the equipment. Whenever I place an order, I try to get a flavor I've never tried before.

I adore cream with a dash of coconut, and doublemint. (Not together.)

And yes, the week I got my e-cig, I stopped smoking.

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
Well, think about it. If you're not using tobacco cigarettes, you're not smoking. E-cigs don't have any smoke. So, if you used tobacco cigarettes before and no longer use them, you've quit smoking.

To consider still getting nicotine as "smoking" makes no sense. If I was using nicotine gum or a patch, instead of smoking tobacco, would you say I've quit smoking? Most people would say "Yes!"

Instead of nicotine gum or a patch, I'm using nicotine vapor.

Either way, I've quit smoking.

BardicDruid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2009
Central Texas
For me quitting smoking meant I was no longer igniting a chemically laden paper tube filled with a chemically laden tobacco and then inhaling the byproduct. I AM addicted to nicotine, I've just about completely quit vaping anymore and have switched to Swedish snus.

I like the snus better because it's more discreet and people don't know your using it and thus say nothing. And I like the flavor better, I like the taste of tobacco, maybe because two of my uncles were tobacco farmers years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread