Mar 21, 2011
Kansas

bjannr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2010
NE Pennsylvania
I started with a simple 510 set up with an atomizer and drip tip. I would have given up if it had not been for some coaching to get through my first week and learning curve. Almost 3 weeks into my new habit, I found a half pack of smokes in my saddlebag. I lit one up and could only manage a Fe drags. It made me wonder why in the h*ll I ever started smoking. I have never looked back and that was 12 months ago. It WAS hard at first, but I bought alot of different samples of juice from different vendors, I think that helped alot.

izabella

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2011
in my body in the Windy city
You might find this thread of interest:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/new-members-forum/204297-does-vaping-really-helps-quit-smoking.html

If the Blu isn't feeling as satisfying as you'd like, consider what specifically isn't satisfying about it.

Do you need to see more vapor (smoke)?
Do you need a stronger throat hit (that feeling in the back of your throat when you inhale a cigarette)?
Is it a really hard draw?
Are you constantly vaping but feeling like you aren't getting enough? You might need to up the mg of nicotine.
Have you tried flavors other than "tobacco" flavors (most people are surprised to find that the dessert or fruity flavors are far more compelling than tobacco flavor, and way tastier than cigarettes)?

E-cigs are not all the same. Many of these issues can be addressed via different e-cigs, different cartos, different mixes of pg/vg, different battery strengths, different juices...

And, yes, drink plenty of water, water, water for your throat! I have not felt any sore throat issues, but I found this forum early on and now always have something I'm drinking right next to me.

style1983

Jul 14, 2011
USA
One month update:

The cold/cough went away around the one-week point. I still here and there do find myself wanting an analog, but it's never more than a few drags when I do, or after a few drinks. The 5 Blu cartridges in medium strength lasted over 3 weeks, and I used them quite a bit. This time, I ordered the full flavor cherry crush and it seems to keep me away from the analogs better. If I do smoke an analog, it can't be anything above an ultra-light or it's just too strong for me now. Even an ultra-light analog seems so powerful, or maybe it's just everything else that's in real smoke.

I've noticed for me, the e-cig does help suppress wanting an analog, but isn't quite as enjoyable as an analog was (when I really craved an analog). I'm not sure if I'm still in the adjustment process, which could very well be the case. With the e-cig, you also don't wait until you "really want one" and can take small drags throughout the day, which is how I have heavily cut back on analog's. I was at a party over the weekend and I smoked a Parliament light and it tasted so harsh. A full-flavor e-cig (at least with Blu) does not seem as strong as a light analog. At the very least, I've moved away from analogs, but still haven't totally quit them (and the strongest I'll go is Ultra Light). I'm hoping to quit them soon. It's also nice how the e-cig leaves no residue or smell. I do drink more water but that shouldn't be a bad thing.

Did anyone else have a similar journey?

style1983

Jul 14, 2011
USA
I've tried the e-cig while partying as well...that seems to be the most difficult part, because I automatically will want an analog. I also don't like carrying the e-cig around if I am partying. I'm hoping to get completely off the analogs. It's just the habit of having an analog after a few drinks that seems to be hard, after so many years of being used to it. It does seem easy for some people.

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
I just think you have to watch for the triggers and times when it's difficult. Sort of like hanging out in a bakery when you first start dieting. After you've been doing it awhile and you're become more successful, you motivated to continue and it's not as tempting. It just takes time. But I'd try to avoid situations where you might be tempted for a week for two. See if it helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread