What's YOUR flavor profile?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fiatrix

ECF Veteran
May 19, 2015
I'm sure most of you have a variety of different types of flavors you enjoy, but I'm curious to hear what your strongest preferences are. What flavor profile do you find yourself gravitating toward in an e-liquid? If you could have one juice, what qualities would it have?

I'm only beginning to figure out my own flavor profile, so I'm hoping this will give me some ideas!

For me, so far, I'm finding I really most enjoy something with a strong flavor to it that is kind of dark and rich, with a sweetness to it. Occasionally with a touch of menthol. I'm branching into creamy vapes next. I can't seem to stand something with a bright and sharp flavor to it, like most of the (very few) tobacco juices I've tried (an exception being Black Calico by Halo - it's got a deeper, more subdued quality, with a hint of vanilla sweentess, but still strong on flavor - yum!).

So, what describes your ideal vape experience? :)

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
Just one? Darn, that's not easy. I am weird in that in almost two years of vaping I haven't locked in on one e-liquid I could vape for the rest of my life. There's been a LOT of good ones, though.

I seem to have gravitated to mostly dessert and bakery vapes. Creams, custards, cheesecake, muffins, banana nut breads, Horchata, caramels, cinnamon rolls, to name a few. There are also a few coffee vapes that I've enjoyed, but those were more like the coffee candy variety.

Chemtx

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
Weatherford, TX
It's funny how your taste buds evolve. I've only been vaping a short while and my preferences have changed quite a bit. I originally started with a straight up menthol, a cinnamon or some fireball combination thereof e-juice because that was what I could actually taste. At the time I couldn't imagine inhaling a dessert flavor in my lungs. Now I prefer a light creamy or vanilla cake vape with a slightly sweet and slightly tart thing going. Lemon cake or cream, key lime pie, raspberry cheesecake, blueberries and cream, strawberry shortcake or white chocolate, and custards; I gravitate to those type flavors for every day use (maybe because its summer time?). I've tried other fruits and can't seem to fall in love with apple, melons, peach or banana; they seem to sweet.

Taste is subjective and it sounds like you would enjoy the rich pastry type desserts that are out there. I have tried a few that I really enjoy and vape when I have a real sweet tooth but its not an all day thing for me. A vanilla chai latte, cinnamon sweet roll, peanut butter cookies, s'mores, snickerdoodle...:)

My first jump off the deep end was Nicoticket's Creme Bruelee which was totally out of my comfort zone. This was my introduction to custard flavors (quite excellent I might add) and I ventured forth from there. My advise is even if its something you can't imagine you'd like, give it a try and it might surprise you. Good Luck!

glointhedark

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
Antelope, CA, USA
My daughter and I tend to go for dessert/bakery/creamy flavors. My daughter is gluten sensitive and tends to be sensitive to lactose, so we do not tend to have a lot of bakery/cake/cookie type treats in the house. Vaping tends to satisfy cravings for these types of treats without the calories or gluten.

Reactions: Fiatrix
Mostly creamy/cake/custard dessert flavors or sour/tart fruit flavors. Not much in between really. Can't stand sweet fruit flavors unless they're like dessert type ones (like ChaCha by Missdemeanor) All time favorite flavor literally never get tired of is Cambodian Breast Milk (CBM) from Vape Troupers. Devils Cake by Slstce is a new favorite & both aren't expensive,just average price but still good.

jdrewry

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2011
New Jersey
Just one? Darn, that's not easy. I am weird in that in almost two years of vaping I haven't locked in on one e-liquid I could vape for the rest of my life. There's been a LOT of good ones, though.

I seem to have gravitated to mostly dessert and bakery vapes. Creams, custards, cheesecake, muffins, banana nut breads, Horchata, caramels, cinnamon rolls, to name a few. There are also a few coffee vapes that I've enjoyed, but those were more like the coffee candy variety.

I'll go with this; I'm a flavor-chaser, as well.

Fiatrix

ECF Veteran
May 19, 2015
A rich vanilla flavored NET, with the tobacco out in front is my favorite but unfortunately I lose the ability to taste vanilla after just a couple of ml so my second favorite, caramel flavored NET, is what I normally indulge in.
What does NET mean? Sorry, I guess I'm still fairly new.
It's funny how your taste buds evolve. I've only been vaping a short while and my preferences have changed quite a bit. I originally started with a straight up menthol, a cinnamon or some fireball combination thereof e-juice because that was what I could actually taste. At the time I couldn't imagine inhaling a dessert flavor in my lungs. Now I prefer a light creamy or vanilla cake vape with a slightly sweet and slightly tart thing going. Lemon cake or cream, key lime pie, raspberry cheesecake, blueberries and cream, strawberry shortcake or white chocolate, and custards; I gravitate to those type flavors for every day use (maybe because its summer time?). I've tried other fruits and can't seem to fall in love with apple, melons, peach or banana; they seem to sweet.

Taste is subjective and it sounds like you would enjoy the rich pastry type desserts that are out there. I have tried a few that I really enjoy and vape when I have a real sweet tooth but its not an all day thing for me. A vanilla chai latte, cinnamon sweet roll, peanut butter cookies, s'mores, snickerdoodle...:)

My first jump off the deep end was Nicoticket's Creme Bruelee which was totally out of my comfort zone. This was my introduction to custard flavors (quite excellent I might add) and I ventured forth from there. My advise is even if its something you can't imagine you'd like, give it a try and it might surprise you. Good Luck!
It's funny how that works - I started out with straight menthol, and very dry dark chocolate, and couldnt imagine enjoying sweeter dessert-type vapes, but I'm getting much more interested now. Now I can't picture enjoying all those fruit cocktails out there, but I'm sure I'll get into them eventually. I did recently have a stint with a pina colada that I liked much more than I did the first time I tried it.

I think you're totally right that I will very much enjoy rich pastries, as well as custards and creams. I've got Bavarian cream, a strawberry shake, and an Irish cream coming in the mail any time now. :) Creme brulee sounds fantastic!
My daughter and I tend to go for dessert/bakery/creamy flavors. My daughter is gluten sensitive and tends to be sensitive to lactose, so we do not tend to have a lot of bakery/cake/cookie type treats in the house. Vaping tends to satisfy cravings for these types of treats without the calories or gluten.
I have actually noticed that I can help to curtail my sweet cravings with vaping, which is really nice. I'm glad your daughter can enjoy tasting the things she can't eat!
Mostly creamy/cake/custard dessert flavors or sour/tart fruit flavors. Not much in between really. Can't stand sweet fruit flavors unless they're like dessert type ones (like ChaCha by Missdemeanor) All time favorite flavor literally never get tired of is Cambodian Breast Milk (CBM) from Vape Troupers. Devils Cake by Slstce is a new favorite & both aren't expensive,just average price but still good.
What does CBM taste like? I bet I'd love devils cake.

Reactions: Chemtx

Str8vision

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Sallisaw, Oklahoma USA
How do you find the flavor differs between naturally extracted and artificial? Perhaps I've been vaping artificial and that's why most of them I don't like.

There is no comparison between synthetic tobacco flavors and NET, most synthetic attempts taste -nothing- like tobacco but try to offer a substitute flavor that, for me, isn't remotely close. NET on the other hand provides the truest tobacco flavors but it is notoriously hard on wicks and coils, high maintenance. For many people, including myself, the flavor is worth the extra effort. The one synthetic I do like is Ahlusion's "Caramel Wild Wood" (CWW). Listed as a "tobacco" flavor, it doesn't taste anything like tobacco to me but I like its woodsy popcorn/caramel flavor anyway. If I add 3% tobacco extract to it, CWW is simply outstanding.

Traijan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2014
USA
Sweets but not fruit sweets with the exception of Doc Baileys Elixir Lemon Bars, that stuff is awesome although nobody where I live sells it. I prefer things like Salted Caramel, or Caramel candy, and as long as the Caramel is strong and tastes like real caramel and not just chemicals then I could vape on it all day long. I also prefer cinnamon in some stuff as it adds a certain flavor (that doesn't taste like cinnamon to me unless it's only cinnamon) in stuff like Sugar Bear.

I just really dislike any tobacco flavored (they taste only like cardboard to me) and fruity stuff like Crankenberry or lemon headz, and not a huge fan of custards, or "milks" as they just taste like what I think 2 day old vomit would taste like. I also strongly have a dislike for things like Strawberry Milk flavors, they always taste rank to me, not like a real strawberry at all, OH and banana flavor to me tastes like the banana has already been over ripe and disgusts me.

Good thing there's a flavor for everybody and we don't all have to vape the same stuff.

Str8vision

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Sallisaw, Oklahoma USA
.......Good thing there's a flavor for everybody and we don't all have to vape the same stuff.

Couldn't agree more. The statement "taste is subjective" is so very true when it comes to vaping. Funny thing is, the flavors a person loves today might be blah a year from now as individual taste preferences can change dramatically over time, especially for those new to vaping. Variety IS the spice of life and thank goodness there are many, many distinctly different flavors available.

The flavor description is "savory flavor of a sweet Asian corn dessert with a hint of coconut cream" and if you've ever had che which is the Vietnamese pudding thing they named it after you can definitely tell that's exactly what it is. If not apparently it's really hard to say what it tastes like,when I've let people try it I've gotten descriptions like everything from "buttered popcorn jelly beans" (which I can't for the life of me understand since there's nothing even remotely buttery about it) to "toasted coconut with cake & cream" to "I have no idea but it's amazing"
The Devils Cake is really good,creamy lemon pound cake is the description & it's really accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread