What's the deal with negative studies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vape-king

Feb 22, 2016
I'd like to have a defence when family or friends tell me vaping is unhealthy and try to back it up with studies. I know the research is :censored: and I think I heard somewhere they're usually funded by tobacco firms. But I think I also heard somewhere recently tobacco industries are getting in on the vaping industry and want it to be a success now. I don't believe the negative press but what should be my defence?

Last edited by a moderator:

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
The tobacco industry both does and doesn’t want it. They’re technically in the industry but all they do is gas station garbage. Blu for example. They also want everyone else in the industry that isn’t them to die. They kind of like pods but hate juul because they don’t own it.

As for negative studies the British government did one before the tobacco companies got involved which determined that vaping was about 1/1000th as dangerous as smoking and a vape was approximately as cancer causing as eating a ripe tomato. It’s an older study done long before dL vaping or nic salts came along though

Reactions: Vape-king

Vinnybagodoughnuts

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2015
I'd like to have a defence when family or friends tell me vaping is unhealthy and try to back it up with studies. I know the research is :censored: and I think I heard somewhere they're usually funded by tobacco firms. But I think I also heard somewhere recently tobacco industries are getting in on the vaping industry and want it to be a success now. I don't believe the negative press but what should be my defence?
Well vaping is unhealthy.How unhealthy is still being studied. Our lungs were designed to breathe air. Anything else as far as the body is concerned is pollution. We do know it is better to vape then smoke but we also know it is better to do neither.

Last edited by a moderator:

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
I would say those studies are mostly from govt, who stands to lose billions if people aren't paying tobacco taxes. They paid tobacco control millions (hundreds of them) to produce the desired results. Even when a study results in favorable numbers the press release paints them bad.
And then there's Glantz, who's purpose in life seems to be to rehash other people's studies to show ecigs are bad.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
And then there's Glantz, who's purpose in life seems to be to rehash other people's studies to show ecigs are bad.
I think his purpose in life is to ensure that enough people will keep smoking so that he and his ilk will continue to be employable for at least another generation or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread