What's the buzz?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NU_FTW

Ultra Member
Dec 6, 2016
i care FTW, "the government" is sponsoring a study that no one knows about, and there is no way to sign up for it......sounds like a Pharma/tobacco funded study by the FDA.....a "secret" study sounds like a sham
It is actually known about, but they dont outright say it has anything to do with vaping, they are calling it a Tobacco study. It is the FDA and NIH partnering up on it. there are 46,000 signed up for it. They are calling it Population Assessment of Tobacco and Healthy... They have drawn blood and urine as well as an hour long confidential questionnaire once a year. Now dont be confused this study doesnt make anybody rich, while they do compensate you for your time its somewhere 60-100 bucks once a year depending if they draw blood and urine or one or the other or whatever. Ill be interested to see their findings of blood work and such and compare it over time to individuals. For instance one of the questions i recall off the top of my head is do you think e cigs are safer/healthier. another i believe is why did you start e cigs of course i answered to stop regular cigs. The study has been going since 2011

Also while it is not solely a vaping study, it does include ecig category in the study. So results will be interesting for sure.

Reactions: Eskie

Vapenoob84

Dec 17, 2016
I get what you're all saying. I'm just frustrated at the whole thing. I would hope in 2016 something as simple as inhaling vapor wouldn't be so high maintenance. As for the fermaldahyde fermaldahyde preserves dead bodies it's the main chemical in embalming fluid. The bottle I just bought LITERALLY says. " may contain substances that are harmful to your health if inhaled such as diacetyl, acetylpropionyl acetyladhyde FERMAlDAHYDE! And methylglyoxal "

As far as the technology it's not huge advancements from the original designs you can disagree all you want but it's all the same stuff just done different ways and it's not going to advance because of the expenses to jump through hoops for regulations.. regulations could be good if done right it doesn't have to be be crooked... that was my point. And all you will say is " wel on a perfect world yeah but it's not gonna happen and regulations will destroy the industry"

Without proper regulations it's gonna get shut down comepletly like some bath salt incident when someone makes some nasty juice and screws everyone over.

I'm done reexplaining myself I mean it's not like you asked me to.... I'd appreciate any help or advice I can get. I'm just bothered by the overwhelming amount of BS in this industry.

NU_FTW

Ultra Member
Dec 6, 2016
may contain substances that are harmful to your health if inhaled such as diacetyl, acetylpropionyl acetyladhyde FERMAlDAHYDE! And methylglyoxal "

If it were me i wouldnt buy from them.

Do your homework. It is not hard to find trustworthy product. Or if you dont trust do like i do and make your own. You claim it to be high maitenance, that is laughable. I made 3.2 liters yesterday 8 flavors at 400ml each. that will last me quite some time. My only maintenance is filling my tank and changing my batteries. Once every 2 weeks i change my cotton and once very 3 or so months i make more juice. To me it sounds like you are complaining because you have not put in the time to figure out where to start, what to look for, what to stay away from. It is not hard. If you are concerned with your health dont be lazy and put in the time.

EDIT: Hell since i started even the flavor producing companies who typically cater to bakers and canty manufacturers and beverage manufacturers they have gone from selling flavorings containing undesirables to now they are producing diketone free flavorings. To say nothing is happening fast enough is stupid.

BackDoc

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2010
Galts Gulch
It is actually known about, but they dont outright say it has anything to do with vaping, they are calling it a Tobacco study. It is the FDA and NIH partnering up on it. there are 46,000 signed up for it. They are calling it Population Assessment of Tobacco and Healthy... They have drawn blood and urine as well as an hour long confidential questionnaire once a year. Now dont be confused this study doesnt make anybody rich, while they do compensate you for your time its somewhere 60-100 bucks once a year depending if they draw blood and urine or one or the other or whatever. Ill be interested to see their findings of blood work and such and compare it over time to individuals. For instance one of the questions i recall off the top of my head is do you think e cigs are safer/healthier. another i believe is why did you start e cigs of course i answered to stop regular cigs. The study has been going since 2011

Also while it is not solely a Vaping study, it does include ecig category in the study. So results will be interesting for sure.
The FDA and the NIH partnering up:), sounds like Hitler teaming up with Mussolini.........not "population assessment", but "population control" ......at last but not least FTW, a "study" always makes someone rich...........don't drink the kool aid:)............im out , before i say how i really feel:)

NU_FTW

Ultra Member
Dec 6, 2016
The FDA and the NIH partnering up:), sounds like Hitler teaming up with Mussolini.........not "population assessment", but "population control" ......at last but not least FTW, a "study" always makes someone rich...........don't drink the kool aid:)............im out , before i say how i really feel:)
I get it, you are paranoid. I am a wait and see. Cautiously optimistic. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

Reactions: Eskie

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
I get what you're all saying. I'm just frustrated at the whole thing. I would hope in 2016 something as simple as inhaling vapor wouldn't be so high maintenance. As for the fermaldahyde fermaldahyde preserves dead bodies it's the main chemical in embalming fluid. The bottle I just bought LITERALLY says. " may contain substances that are harmful to your health if inhaled such as diacetyl, acetylpropionyl acetyladhyde FERMAlDAHYDE! And methylglyoxal "

As far as the technology it's not huge advancements from the original designs you can disagree all you want but it's all the same stuff just done different ways and it's not going to advance because of the expenses to jump through hoops for regulations.. regulations could be good if done right it doesn't have to be be crooked... that was my point. And all you will say is " wel on a perfect world yeah but it's not gonna happen and regulations will destroy the industry"

Without proper regulations it's gonna get shut down comepletly like some bath salt incident when someone makes some nasty juice and screws everyone over.

I'm done reexplaining myself I mean it's not like you asked me to.... I'd appreciate any help or advice I can get. I'm just bothered by the overwhelming amount of BS in this industry.

Overwhelming ammount of BS is right.
Stop spreading it.

There is no formalehyde in ejuice.
Thats just a lie.
The lie comes from ignorant individuals who saw that word in a single study and didnt bother to even read the study.

I see you didnt bother to read it either.
It wasnt in the juice.
It was a byproduct of burning a dry wick.

Now comparing vaping to illegal research chemicals, combined with your repeated negative comments filled with misinformation, makes me question your motives.

We will happily educate and help you if thats what you want, but we wont entertain nonsense like that.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
Enough scare mongering!

10 years people have been vaping this stuff.

With not a single case of anything related to exposure to any of these documented anywhere.

Out of millions of users.

In an industry that's a target by big tobacco big money big government insurance companies and the media.

There's been one case of popcorn lung that wasn't connected to manufacturing popcorn and that guy got it by eating microwave popcorn every day of his life.

A disease by the way that has been documented as always happening within two years of initial exposure.

Also a disease for which they suspect (not confirmed) has something to do with exposure to one chemical we use in vaping.

Again it's not confirmed.

I think it's high time for a wake-up call and at least an Eensy Weensy bit of critical thinking.

So what do you say instead of parroting paranoid suspicions we do a little bit of thinking on our own using the data we have available?

Tapatyped

The overwhelming majority of vapors have not been vaping anywhere close to 10 years thats # 1 .

If perhaps someone has been vaping that long the chance that they were consuming mass quantities of diketone packed juice for that long is slim to none since 99% of vapors consumed nowhere near the amount of juice people are consuming these days .

Vaping related diseases will never be called "Popcorn lung" and the two years of exposure is pertaining to working in a factory, vaping is an entirely different ballgame , your dealing with high wattages and many other variables .

Most people know by now that the fact that you don't hear about vaping related illnesses is because vaping related illnesses are NEVER looked for .

Respiratory issues with vaping WILL NEVER BE CALLED POPCORN LUNG , they are always linked with respiratory issues such as COPD . Many physicians point to diketones in cigarettes among other chemicals to be a big contributor to respiratory diseases in smokers .

We know diketones scar lung tissue which is irreversible but i admit scarred lung tissue does not indicate health issues in humans.

Diketones are lung irritants and there are way too many variances like how much juice you consume , at what wattages are they consumed at , does the juice even contain diketones and at what levels etc...

Nobody even knows if vaping artificial flavoring at high wattages will have any health consequences down the line let alone diketones .

The point is claiming anything with certainty at this point in time is just speculation including what i think and you think .

I vape mostly diketone free juice because i like to eliminate as many unknown risks as possible but to each their own.

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
Erm. Just skimming so sorry if same things been said.

For me. Job done, I think. Nicotine doesn't seem to have the hold on me like before vaping. I only add it now for that nice strong hit it gives, mostly flavour. Juice seems empty without it. Also, I have some weird thinking where by vaping doesn't seem to have the right reasoning if there is no nic.

But I really think I could quit tomorrow if I had to.

it has not even been 2 years for me and I think that the small amount of learning that I have had to invest has certainly been worth it.

And my, do I enjoy it all.

Reactions: JC Okie

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
a "study" always makes someone rich

Here's how the bleeding works:

1.Identify a problem or issue.
2. Secure public funding/raise private money to solve problem. (Money in)
3. Pay for studies/research through associated private firms and companies. (Money out)
4. See number 2.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN

:facepalm:

After its explained to you how its made, you insist that a company covering their rear by putting a warning on their label is a problem for you.

Then you want more help?

If education doesn't help, why would I waste my time educating?

Tapatyped

Reactions: BackDoc

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
The overwhelming majority of vapors have not been vaping anywhere close to 10 years thats # 1 .

If perhaps someone has been vaping that long the chance that they were consuming mass quantities of diketone packed juice for that long is slim to none since 99% of vapors consumed nowhere near the amount of juice people are consuming these days .

Vaping related diseases will never be called "Popcorn lung" and the two years of exposure is pertaining to working in a factory, vaping is an entirely different ballgame , your dealing with high wattages and many other variables .

Most people know by now that the fact that you don't hear about vaping related illnesses is because vaping related illnesses are NEVER looked for .

Respiratory issues with vaping WILL NEVER BE CALLED POPCORN LUNG , they are always linked with respiratory issues such as COPD . Many physicians point to diketones in cigarettes among other chemicals to be a big contributor to respiratory diseases in smokers .

We know diketones scar lung tissue which is irreversible but i admit scarred lung tissue does not indicate health issues in humans.

Diketones are lung irritants and there are way too many variances like how much juice you consume , at what wattages are they consumed at , does the juice even contain diketones and at what levels etc...

Nobody even knows if vaping artificial flavoring at high wattages will have any health consequences down the line let alone diketones .

The point is claiming anything with certainty at this point in time is just speculation including what i think and you think .

I vape mostly diketone free juice because i like to eliminate as many unknown risks as possible but to each their own.

I vape those flavors purposely.

Because they taste better.

At high wattage.

With EXTREMELY high nic.

And high consumption.

All day, every day.

Before I started doing so, I was nearly bed ridden due to lung function.

Now I chase my kids around and work LONG days one after another.

My O2 saturation and lung function are perfect now compared to before when they were dismal and that of an 82 yr old at best.

Many have expressed and shown extremely similar results.

Including before and after pictures of their lungs showing an obvious vast improvement over smoking.

NONE have documented results such as your paranoia.

Notice I'm not interjecting in a sane, legitimate discussion of POSSIBLE IMPLICATIONS of POTENTIAL threats.

I'm interjecting with a little reality and balance in a paranoia fueled thread full of propaganda.

Not exactly the proper place to pour more fuel and throw a lit match.

Not that I expect people to have the sense to realize that... even after being pointed out.

But you can't blame me for having useless hope.

Tapatyped

SleeZy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2014
Sweden
:facepalm:

After its explained to you how its made, you insist that a company covering their rear by putting a warning on their label is a problem for you.

Then you want more help?

If education doesn't help, why would I waste my time educating?

Tapatyped

He has to be a troll, there's no way someone can be that ignorant.
Getting all good and valid answers and chooses to ignore them all, and then keep asking for help.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
Not that I expect people to have the sense to realize that... even after being pointed out.

Tapatyped

It was worth saying. Who knows how many people with what level of knowledge will read this thread. You never know whether something you post has tipped someone over the line between vaping and not vaping, when there is so much dodgy info around.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
He has to be a troll, there's no way someone can be that ignorant.
Getting all good and valid answers and chooses to ignore them all, and then keep asking for help.
Maybe not.

It's hard to change what's stuck in someone's head.
It was worth saying. Who knows how many people with what level of knowledge will read this thread. You never know whether something you post has tipped someone over the line between vaping and not vaping, when there is so much dodgy info around.
I have mixed feelings.

But pointing out "dangers" that haven't been proven true for vaping in this thread in particular pretty much decides what direction this thread is going to lead an onlooker.

Tapatyped

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.

At high wattage.

With EXTREMELY high nic.

And high consumption.

All day, every day.

Before I started doing so, I was nearly bed ridden due to lung function.

Now I chase my kids around and work LONG days one after another.

My O2 saturation and lung function are perfect now compared to before when they were dismal and that of an 82 yr old at best.

Many have expressed and shown extremely similar results.

Including before and after pictures of their lungs showing an obvious vast improvement over smoking.

NONE have documented results such as your paranoia.

Notice I'm not interjecting in a sane, legitimate discussion of POSSIBLE IMPLICATIONS of POTENTIAL threats.

I'm interjecting with a little reality and balance in a paranoia fueled thread full of propaganda.

Not exactly the proper place to pour more fuel and throw a lit match.

Tapatyped

Let me get this straight , you actually believe that it's e cigs that are responsible for your better lung function and running around with your kids and not the fact that you stopped smoking ? C' mon you cannot be serious LOL.

Anyone who insists (that would be you) that more studies are not necessary because we already know with absolute certainty that vaping large quantities of diketone loaded e juice over a 20 + year period at high wattages has zero effect on the respiratory system is not worth arguing with .

Like i said to each their own but please refrain from thinking you are the speaker for all .

Thank you

I busted out laughing when i read the below so thanks for that , it's very funny , we must inform all in the medical community to stop researching as Beckdg has spoken.

At high wattage.

With EXTREMELY high nic.

And high consumption.

All day, every day.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
Let me get this straight , you actually believe that it's e cigs that are responsible for your better lung function and running around with your kids and not the fact that you stopped smoking ? C' mon you cannot be serious LOL.

Anyone who insists (that would be you) that more studies are not necessary because we already know with absolute certainty that vaping large quantities of diketone loaded e juice over a 20 + year period at high wattages has zero effect on the respiratory system is not worth arguing with .

Like i said to each their own but please refrain from thinking you are the speaker for all .

Thank you

I busted out laughing when i read the below so thanks for that , it's very funny , we must inform all in the medical community to stop researching as Beckdg has spoken.

So it's confirmed.

You haven't understood a single word I posted.

Yet you feel compelled to correct them all and warn everyone of the obvious (unproven) dangers.

Right on! :blink:

For the record, not a word of the garbage in your post remotely relates to what I posted in context.

And it seems some people actually get it. ;)

Stop researching? o_O

How about actually find and prove something so something proven related to E-cigs can be avoided.

Instead of this ghost hunt propaganda you're promoting. :facepalm:

Tapatyped

Reactions: motordude
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread