Status
Not open for further replies.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
The "2.4-2.6" kanger coils meter out at around 2.8ohms. Try the Kanger T3S. Those coils are too light for my flavors but may work well for fruits/berries/vanilla, etc. Most kanger bottom coils don't have the 'no connection problem' but the connection is slotted so you can bring it out a bit just by unscrewing (counter clockwise)....

edit: not threading on the center pin but you can pull it out... thanks pufZep....

Last edited:

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Thanks Kent, by "light" you mean too high a resistance, or did you mean to say too "tight". BTW, I vape tobacco blends, not too many fruits. Will the Kanger work?

Too high resistence. I have two semi-light flavors and using the 2.2 ohm coil on a tabac bcc works well with them. The "2.4-2.6" (it's stated various ways - "2.4" "2.6" "2.4-2.6" is too light of resistence for them. Again, the kanger coils run about .2 ohms greater than listed. Even the 1.8 is actually @2.0. The 2.2 is about 2.3 ohms, I've found.

If you have a joye eGo-c batt, it is regulated to 3.3-3.4Volts so a true 2.8 ohm coil will give you 4 Watts which is a bit low. If you have the Joye eGo-c upgrade batt, you can run at 3.6-3.7 volts which will bring the wattage up to around 4.8 Watts.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Just checking for a misunderstanding - why do you specify 2.8 ohms?
Because I (and I think most people) find the Ego batteries tend to perform better with a lower resistance.
I like 1.8 to 2.0 personally (I, too have found kanger coils tend to run about .2 higher than the box says!) for my non-variable Egos.
That might be a little "too hot" a vape for some juice - but it's best for most of what I use...

Back to the clearomizers though - my favorites for Ego batteries are all Kangers!
I love the MiniProTank, and I like and use the EVOD and the T3-Mini, too.
They're all very similar in function...if you wanna try just one, I'd get an EVOD. They're like $5, and come with a 2.4 ohm coil.

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
The "2.4-2.6" kanger coils meter out at around 2.8ohms. Try the Kanger T3S.
Most kanger bottom coils don't have the 'no connection problem' but
the connection is slotted so you can bring it out a bit just by unscrewing (counter clockwise)....

Hi
are we talking about the bottom "pin" of the replaceable coil on Kanger bcc 's ?

those are only smooth pins that unscrewing wouldn't work unless I am reading you wrong

I guess you could pull it out some to make contact with battery but at the risk of moving a leg wire from the coil...

but maybe I am just thinking of something totally different :confused: 100

Exchaner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
California
Hi Train, the reason I prefer 2.8 ohms is because I like my vape not too hot. I set my ego c twist to 3.7volts and the temperature is just right With the 2.8. I also have a regular ego non upgrade which might have a problem running the 2.8 ohms because of insufficient voltage. Hmmm... Perhaps I should use a lower resistance on the regular ego. What do you think?

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Hi
are we talking about the bottom "pin" of the replaceable coil on Kanger bcc 's ?

those are only smooth pins that unscrewing wouldn't work unless I am reading you wrong

I guess you could pull it out some to make contact with battery but at the risk of moving a leg wire from the coil...

but maybe I am just thinking of something totally different :confused: 100

Your right. Sorry.. Exchaner take note! Scratch that :facepalm: They do have a slot but not threads. I must have gotten lucky once. Mostly tabac bcc's don't have to do that, though. Not like vision products that I've had.

Ipster

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2012
Hawaii, SAR,HongKong (Stanley)
Ive seen you have several good ideas already. Ive used the evod BCC cartomizer.. but Im not sure if it comes prefitted with 2.8 Ohm coil.
You can certainly buy the 2.8 replacements in 5 packs. My supplier at vaporcrave stocks them regularly. let us know what you decide on.
Id be curious ...for example if the Evod Bcc (which can share coils with pro tank) youd have a few choices in the Kangertech line.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
evod and protank coils were a bit different at first but could be made to fit. Now this:

Kanger eVod/Protank Coil Replacement **5 pack - 2.5 ohms

The T3S/MT3S coils will fit the evod and the protank but the evod and protank coils don't fit the T3S/MT3S because the flare on those coils just above the seal. Maybe Kanger will change that too :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread