Status
Not open for further replies.

DeXTeR

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2010
Valley Head, Alabama
www.vaporjunction.com
Personally it's so hot here in the South I plan on staying inside all day on my a** lol. For the morning (my son is at his grandmothers for the weekend coming home sometime tomorrow) I have movies to watch. Adjustment Bureau, Lincoln Lawyer, and I am Number Four along with the new Broken Lizard Comedy Tour. Once my son comes home then it's me and him and a PS3 Disc Golf tournament in which I will whop his back side then on to Bocce Ball lol. Gotta love the PS Move. End my evening with some nice Porter House steaks and a 24 year Scotch I have been saving since Christmas.

What is every ones plans?

Oh and plenty of vaping this new Juicy Peach and Green Apple. vape On!!!!!!

TexasT

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2010
East Texas
Geez DeXTeR, you do more in a day than I do in a week!

I have the new "True Grit" movie on DVD and my wife and I plan on kicking back and watching that. It was 104 degrees yesterday here in East Texas, so this is good weather for old folks like us to be watching television.

My wife and the kids bought me a big wagon that is large enough I can load my generator on and haul it around with my 4 wheelers. Pretty handy thing to have when you live wayyyy out in the country like we do. The generator has two wheels on the front and two handles on the back so that you can push it like a wheelbarrow, but the thing is so big and heavy that your not going to push it far. The wagon will be real handy!

Its too hot to do any grilling outside and I'd rather my wife take it easy today, so I might treat her to an exotic Subway Sandwich. Its the only thing we have that is reasonably close. From there its 25 miles on to the closest Arby's and Church's Fried Chicken and other fine food places like that.

So,I'm not going to do much. But then I'm retired, so I'm not going to do much tomorrow either!

TT

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Geez DeXTeR, you do more in a day than I do in a week!

I have the new "True Grit" movie on DVD and my wife and I plan on kicking back and watching that. It was 104 degrees yesterday here in East Texas, so this is good weather for old folks like us to be watching television.

My wife and the kids bought me a big wagon that is large enough I can load my generator on and haul it around with my 4 wheelers. Pretty handy thing to have when you live wayyyy out in the country like we do. The generator has two wheels on the front and two handles on the back so that you can push it like a wheelbarrow, but the thing is so big and heavy that your not going to push it far. The wagon will be real handy!

Its too hot to do any grilling outside and I'd rather my wife take it easy today, so I might treat her to an exotic Subway Sandwich. Its the only thing we have that is reasonably close. From there its 25 miles on to the closest Arby's and Church's Fried Chicken and other fine food places like that.

So,I'm not going to do much. But then I'm retired, so I'm not going to do much tomorrow either!

TT

That is so funny! You live exactly as far as I do from civilization :laugh: The ONLY thing we have close is a Subway too. Although we do have a Hardees close by so maybe we are a little more high falootin than you are :p

We have just started a diet so it will be something real exotic for us tonight :) I will tell my husband the same as he tells me when it is Mothers Day " Heck, you are not my father! " :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I hope that everyone has a good day.

BTW- TT should be your honorary something since he bellows your praises all over the net :2cool:

TexasT

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2010
East Texas
Geez, bmwjen. Working on Sunday is bad enough, but working on Mothers Day just isn't right! I avoid work at all costs. Sometimes my wife will try to make me go do some work around the house, but I've got some real good hiding places. Well, I hope you have a nice Mothers Day in spite of having to work.

LOL, salem, you must be physic. We have to drive ten miles to get to the boonies where everyone lives. But I like the quiet out here. The Woodlands down toward Houston where bmwjen lives is pretty. Everyone goes out and mows their lawn and plants flowers and stuff like that. Its real nice.

I don't do any of that lawn mowing stuff though because it would ruin the ambiance of my place. Besides, its also a pasture when I need it.

And yeah ... Honorary Something. I like the sound of that. I could go around and tell everyone here that I finally amounted to something! Great idea!!

And redheadone, I'm glad your getting some peace and quiet. That's always nice. Your such a sweet lady and I'm glad your getting the time to relax for a while. I still have visions of that pretty red hair in a straw Stetson. I'll bet you could be on the cover of Hog Hunters Magazine or some fine publication like that.

TT

Lauralie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2010
Here, there, everywhere!
Well we tried to spoil my hubby for the day! The oldest girl came out last night and stayed until about 7 today. We ate good, fished, took the four wheeler and golf cart down to the low water crossin'! Went to DQ and brought him home a Blizzard! i think it went well. Then talked to my daddy tonight on the phone - he spoiled himself and golfed today:)

TexasT

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2010
East Texas
My wife and I watched that new True Grit movie with Jeff Bridges.

Holy cow, that's a good movie.

Its not a real long movie, but definitely a powerful film with some fine acting.

And for Fathers Day I had kids calling and some coming by to see me. Even got a few calls from kids that aren't mine but that have just kind of adopted me. Pretty nice day!

TT

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
LOL, salem, you must be physic. We have to drive ten miles to get to the boonies where everyone lives. But I like the quiet out here. The Woodlands down toward Houston where bmwjen lives is pretty. Everyone goes out and mows their lawn and plants flowers and stuff like that. Its real nice.

I agree with ya there T but it sure is hell when we need something from Wally World! lol

DeXTeR

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2010
Valley Head, Alabama
www.vaporjunction.com
<----- Still recovering.

Lincoln Laywer was an excellent flick. I an Number 4 was ok. Didn't get around to watching Source Code or Adjustment Bureau. My son got home earlier than we thought from his grandmothers so we ended up Playing Gran Turismo for most the day. However last night we will not speak of lol.

Is it just me or are these lights bright?

TexasT

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2010
East Texas
Is it just me or are these lights bright?

Is it those painful kind of lights? I remember those back when I was young.

It was fun getting there but it sure resulted in some hurtin' days!

Ha, ha, this is a true story. There was an old man up in town that they finally had to haul off to a doctor for some reason or other. The doc asked him if he drank alcohol and the old man said "yep."

The doc asked him how much.

The old man said "well ... I might have about six 6 packs of beer, a fifth of bourbon and maybe a bottle of cheap wine."

The doc asked him "is that for a month?"

The old man said "no, that's for Saturday."

True story. I guess every town has one.

TT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread