What would you have done?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smann245

Aug 16, 2014
USA
What would I have done? Most likely, nothing. I have an incurable habit of minding my own business, even in the presence of overwhelming idiocy. I'm also acutely unreceptive of anyone minding my business for me. However, with that said, I commend you for speaking your mind.
If your business was selling people pipe bombs and passing them off as ecig's, I wouldnt give a crap how receptive you were to me minding your business. When you go from user to seller your business becomes public.

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
If your business was selling people pipe bombs and passing them off as ecig's, I wouldnt give a crap how receptive you were to me minding your business. When you go from user to seller your business becomes public.

Good thing I'm not selling pipe bombs to the public, I guess.

Israfil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2009
Las Vegas, NV (in a small cloud)
Jeeze.... that's way too "danger zone" for me. If your battery is getting hot, you're pushing it too hard. Get a stronger battery or be in a safer resistance range....

I really hope noone there blows themselves up. As much as I like natural selection, I don't want their stupidity to become ANTZ ammo.

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
Why worry about it? Let natural selection take its course.

The only issue with that is, a person came into a shop for help.. maybe he/she did not know anything as was relying on the shop for help.

I tend to have a big mouth and would have stated my piece. The good thing, I would have been a customer too. I also tend to tell customers when they are being jerks because an employee usually can't.

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
The only issue with that is, a person came into a shop for help.. maybe he/she did not know anything as was relying on the shop for help.

I tend to have a big mouth and would have stated my piece. The good thing, I would have been a customer too. I also tend to tell customers when they are being jerks because an employee usually can't.

That's exactly why I said something. This new-to-mechs vaper was looking to this shop for guidance and perspective, and what he received was probably the worst way he could have started off.

PapaSloth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2014
Portland, OR, USA
Double.
Either amps double or volts double depending configuration.
If both doubled watts would quadruple. Since only one is doubled watts are only doubled.

I = V/R, so when you double V, I doubles as well. 2*V*2*I = 4W.

Edit: I should have read the rest of the thread before responding :) I see you've covered this already.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
I = V/R, so when you double V, I doubles as well. 2*V*2*I = 4W.
We worked that out a couple posts later.

Guess-The-Emoji-Level-58-10.jpg

irwink

CASAA Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2010
Norfolk, Virginia, USA
Unless of course someone who is standing nearby gets hurt as well. As far as "natural selection", I would be willing to bet you would feel differently if it was a family member or friend, regardless of what foolish activity they are doing.
Ohhh! I'm wringing my hands now!

Do you really think outraged internet forum posts will change anything? Idiots will always abound. In the past they were allowed to kill themselves and thus not procreate. Today we have to save them so that they can breed more idiots. This industry is going to be heavily regulated at some point whether we like it or not. Meanwhile, let the idiots among us eliminate themselves, hopefully before they have a chance to breed.

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
Look I may not be a vape genius but that is DANGEROUS. Yes I do sub-ohm, I also do so on a regulated device at a reasonable resistance. Running that sort of resistance is just insanity. People like that are why I am scared of getting a mech.

It shouldn't make you scared of getting a mech, it should make you scared of those kind of people. I've gotten in the habit of asking people what their build registers at if they have a mech. It's a good way to know how far away to stand. They are the ones the quote in my signature is about.

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
Ohhh! I'm wringing my hands now!

Do you really think outraged internet forum posts will change anything? Idiots will always abound. In the past they were allowed to kill themselves and thus not procreate. Today we have to save them so that they can breed more idiots. This industry is going to be heavily regulated at some point whether we like it or not. Meanwhile, let the idiots among us eliminate themselves, hopefully before they have a chance to breed.

Buuuuuuuut Daddy! I read it on the internet so it is true!

My 8 year old daughter would think anything on the internet is true. Good thing is she only cares about Selena Gomez and Justin Beiber. Or maybe that is a bad thing? There are many 40+ year olds that believe what they read on the internet is true. 1,000 years from history will be very interesting. :)

The new thing in government. Protect the idiots... you will always get the vote then.

irwink

CASAA Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2010
Norfolk, Virginia, USA
Buuuuuuuut Daddy! I read it on the internet so it is true!

My 8 year old daughter would think anything on the internet is true. Good thing is she only cares about Selena Gomez and Justin Beiber. Or maybe that is a bad thing? There are many 40+ year olds that believe what they read on the internet is true. 1,000 years from history will be very interesting. :)

The new thing in government. Protect the idiots... you will always get the vote then.
Just the thought of young children learning anything about Justin Beiber makes me fear for the future of the human race. Had natural selection not been perverted he'd have expired long ago.

Luckily the b&ms here are not like that. One is run by a fellow ecfer and hobbyist. He doesn't sell rebuildables to anyone until they research and learn battery safety. He will say no. The other b&m is run by my friend and he takes my word as gospel. Ive pretty much groomed him to be the same way. He won't recommend builds below .3 and only if he sees their batts and knows them. Honesty is important in vapin and I'm lucky to have such awesome b&m in my town

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread