What PV should I buy next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drew_devereaux

Jan 21, 2011
Savannah, Georgia
Hi BWB Crew:

I've been vaping for only a few weeks on a Riva 510. I am wanting to try a different PV. The biggest problem for me is not battery life; I've got 3 of them and have never drained one yet. I guess I'm not a particularly heavy vaper. My biggest problem is filling up cartridges. It's the biggest drawback to vaping for me. I've dripped, which isn't much different as far as having to refill all the time. I used the tea bag mod, and while it held a lot more juice, it leaked and was a PITA, and now I have a box of pyramid tea bags that I'm not going to use. I guess I'll be drinking hot tea.

I've looked at juice boxes, but the reviews of them seem mixed. I wish someone would invent a refillable cartridge that holds nothing but juice that connects to the atty in some way like an ink cartridge on a fountain pen. I guess everyone wishes for that--the holy grail: vaping for hours without refilling.

But assuming I'm stuck refilling all the time, what PV would you recommend? I'm looking for big throat hit and lots of vapor (who isn't). Is TH dependent on the type of juice or the the type of atty or voltage used? The Silver Bullet looks intruiging inasmuch as it has the vv capacity, but I'm not sure which way to go. I'm not unhappy with my 510; I guess I'm simply looking to take it to the next level. And if I understand correctly, all those 510 attys I have already would work on the SB, but maybe I should get LR attys for the SB instead.

Any advice is much appreciated. I'm feeling a bit muddled and really don't want to waste money on a PV I won't use. Thanks for the help!

drew

Bluesun62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2011
Ramona, CA
Both the Ego and the Inferno have the tanks. They are easily fillable and last awhile. I have the tank atty for my inferno and I like it alot. The blank tanks are $3.99 and you get 5 blank tanks. The attys are $11.99. Not too much more than a regular atty. Like I said, They are easy to fill, re-useable and hold about 1ml. And best of all they don't leak.

AlmightyGod

My friends call me A.G.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2010
Vaping Heaven
I've been vaping for only a few weeks on a Riva 510. I am wanting to try a different PV. The biggest problem for me is not battery life; I've got 3 of them and have never drained one yet. I guess I'm not a particularly heavy vaper. My biggest problem is filling up cartridges. It's the biggest drawback to vaping for me. I've dripped, which isn't much different as far as having to refill all the time. I used the tea bag mod, and while it held a lot more juice, it leaked and was a PITA, and now I have a box of pyramid tea bags that I'm not going to use. I guess I'll be drinking hot tea.

I've looked at juice boxes, but the reviews of them seem mixed. I wish someone would invent a refillable cartridge that holds nothing but juice that connects to the atty in some way like an ink cartridge on a fountain pen. I guess everyone wishes for that--the holy grail: vaping for hours without refilling.

But assuming I'm stuck refilling all the time, what PV would you recommend? I'm looking for big throat hit and lots of vapor (who isn't). Is TH dependent on the type of juice or the the type of atty or voltage used? The Silver Bullet looks intruiging inasmuch as it has the vv capacity, but I'm not sure which way to go. I'm not unhappy with my 510; I guess I'm simply looking to take it to the next level. And if I understand correctly, all those 510 attys I have already would work on the SB, but maybe I should get LR attys for the SB instead.

Any advice is much appreciated. I'm feeling a bit muddled and really don't want to waste money on a PV I won't use. Thanks for the help!

Over the last 3 months I have tried many different things to find my happy place.

I love the juice boxes.
I have used the Reo Grande, Monkeyboxx, and the Phidias.
All three work very well and give a satisfying vape at 3.7v or 6.0v
I use them all at 3.7v with either a 1.5ohm or 2.0ohm atty.
LR attys were made for 3.7v vaping.
Remember that it is the wattage that you are after here.
(voltage x voltage) / resistance = wattage

I recently purchased a ProVari variable voltage device too.
It has all the bells and whistles.
The cool thing about VV is that you can use anything on it.
You simply adjust the voltage to whatever atty or carto you are using.

I have a MAP Tank that I use on the ProVari.
The MAP holds 5ml of juice and is basically an oversized CE2R4XL.
The CE2 steel and clearomizers don't compare to the MAP.
Common problems include poor wicking and burnt taste.
The MAP allows for better wicking and no burnt taste.
Best of all, you can replace the CE2 inside the MAP when it burns out!

Throat hit is a combination of PG level, Nic level, and wattage.
The higher the level...the greater the TH.

Hope this helps...feel free to ask more questions...

Wharf Rat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
Fresno, Ca
www.gratefulvaper.com
Drew ~ I think a lot of us end up playing Goldilocks. It's a natural progression. The first (3.7v) is too cold, the second (6v) is too hot and the third (VV) is just right!!!
There a lot of great variable volt devices out there. They allow you to adjust the power to find the "sweet spot" to make your atty/cart and juice shine to it's full potential.

vapspaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
SC
Hi BWB Crew:

The biggest problem for me is not battery life; I've got 3 of them and have never drained one yet. I guess I'm not a particularly heavy vaper. My biggest problem is filling up cartridges. It's the biggest drawback to vaping for me.
I'm feeling a bit muddled and really don't want to waste money on a PV I won't use. Thanks for the help!

drew

Hey Drew - Based on your statement here I'd suggest trying some Boge carto's or maybe even some XL E2's. You can snag a pack (1 pack=5 carto's) of each of these for under $20 and if after you try them and they still don't do the trick for you then you can still use them on any other PV you decide to go with later. I know you said you want a new PV but based on what you said you are really looking for, a new PV is not going to solve that dilemma for you. With a new PV you still have to fill carts constantly and get juice all over the place. I hated those things.

Just a thought.
And again.... You can still use what ever carto you buy on any PV so you really aren't waisting any money. Just experimenting, which we all have to do in order to find the best possible vape for our personal taste.

I'm not going to suggest any PV but this is a brief re-cap of my personal experience.
Started on Joye 510's with various cart mods and carto's. (These got me off analogs)
Silver Bullet with a 510 connection. (this gave me a little more flavor and TH with much much longer battery life but is very large and heavy compared to a mini ecig)
Joye ego 510 (this was a perfect middle ground between the 2 previous PV's)
Cignot ego-T atty and tank (not happy with this purchase as there is a sever loss of flavor)
Provari vv mod (still waiting for it to arrive. OCD made me buy this. lol)

Last edited:

drew_devereaux

Jan 21, 2011
Savannah, Georgia
After reading everyone's advice, perusing the forums, and viewing youtube reviews (especially phorbin's), I have decided that I just gotta have a Reo mod. Apparently, a lot of people decided that, too, as they're sold out until next week. I can't decide between the mini or the Grand, but the mini will become available on the 7th, so I'll probably go with it. Thanks again to everyone for his or her advice.

upstatEpuff

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2010
CNY
Looks like everyone has covered the bases.
Bottom Feeders IMO are the way to go!
I've had the Reo Grand and I own the VV Ali'i and Phidius.
I have another Phidius and a monkeyboxx on the way right now.

So as you can see I'm going to be slightly biases towards the BF's
I never really got into Cartomizers, however I have been given a couple free from some friends on here and they are pretty good. To be more specific I have only used the Clearomizers which essentially are cartos that are see through.
From there they step up in liquid capacity increments, there are "storm" tanks out there then it goes up to the MAP tanks.

If essentially your looking to rid yourself of ever having to use carts and filler again and your not ready to invest around 100 bucks in a bottom feeder I would buy a five pack of cartomizers and go from there.

Hope this helps

Make sure you check back in and let us know what you wind up trying and what you wind up liking.

I have found half the fun of vaping (even if it feels overwhelming at times) is to experiment with different stuff and find out what you like best.

phorbin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2010
Gamehendge
After reading everyone's advice, perusing the forums, and viewing youtube reviews (especially phorbin's), I have decided that I just gotta have a Reo mod. Apparently, a lot of people decided that, too, as they're sold out until next week. I can't decide between the mini or the Grand, but the mini will become available on the 7th, so I'll probably go with it. Thanks again to everyone for his or her advice.

i cannot be held responsible! J/K. Reo is an excellent piece of gear, whichever one you get. I'm thinking about adding a mini to my family soon.

Bluesun62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2011
Ramona, CA
I didn't want to sound like I only recommend the Inferno. I also have two Joye 510 kits, a Reo Grand and an Icon. For me each one has their own niche. I change juice alot, so multiple PV's work for me. I like the Inferno tank for easy fill and go. I can easily take multiple tanks with different flavors with me. I love my Grand. I do take it to work but I use it mostly at home. I am still trying to figure out what is best for the Icon, but with a cisco atty it is a dripping machine. I hope to have a map tank for it some day but I have plenty of different carto's to use with it. The Joye's are great for stealth vaping with a clearomizer.

I don't think I could have just one PV, and I know there is a provari in my future...

For me PV's are like tools, I got to have the right one for the right job...plus I'm a gadget WH*RE.....lol

phorbin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2010
Gamehendge
Take a look at the VapeMate Juice feeder by super t manufacturing

I just got a vapemate a couple days ago. It basically works as advertised but for what it costs, i'm not sure its the best solution out there. You're basically paying half the price of a bottom fed mod for what is essentially a bridge from bottle to atty. In hindsight, I wish I put that money toward a new bottom feeder.

So, I just got my mini Reo today. I'm not loving it. I'm using a standard 510 atty. My problem is, I'm getting a really hot, burnt tasting vape. I can't taste the juice at all, and I have a very strong menthol BWB juice. Should I try a different atty instead? I hope someone has a suggestion or else I'm going to have to sell this mini as I can't stand the taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread