What non-sweet liquid to try next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

realm

Feb 8, 2012
NC & SC USA
So, I have been testing liquids and here is where I am at. I am not really interested in testing sweet flavors at the moment. I don't have much of a sweet tooth anymore.

What I know I don't like so much at this time:

I like my liquid to be less than 50% PG. I get irritation. I love the VG base!
I only like tobacco flavors that just have a subtle hint of tobacco.
Not a RY4 fan, don't hate it but the tobacco is to much.
I like just a bit of sweetness at most.

All were tested on an EGO-T (type-B) with regular and LR attys.

Here's what I have tried:

Dekang - USA MIX - taste like raw tobacco.:p
Bluberry- its ok
Peach- its ok

Menthol- Not to bad, just taste like menthol with no tobacco.
Melon- Blah! - to be fair they warned me.
Apple- its ok.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vaperite: All these flavors are really smooth and very clean tasting. A lot of tobacco people will likely loves these!
Like I stated above if the tobacco isn't very subtle, I am not a fan at this point.

Tobacco Blend #2 - Likely the only one I "may" get again.
Organic VR4
777 tobacco
Batch 21
Organic tobacco
Organic Honey tobacco
Organic Rou's toasted Hazelnut tobacco
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Alien Visions

Gamel- Undecided on this, It is almost like VS "Tampa" with a tinge of butter and some smoke flavor.
Boba's- This is what I am am talking about when I say a subtle tobacco taste, what the rest of it tastes like is any ones guess. I am still mulling this one over, but will not likely be an all day vape for me. I wish it was a tad stronger on flavor, but I will definitely keep some around to keep tasting.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Vapor Station

Tampa- This is my main vape and it just gets better the more it steeps. Only complaint on this is the random musty
like flavor. I don't think this even has a tobacco taste?
Texas- To woody for me, but I am keeping it around to test some more in case I am wrong.

Vermillion River: While most of these have the same very unique taste, the tobacco flavor once again turns me off.
These have a strong flavor! I do like the pepper like kick to them though.
KPB
Applewood - may keep some around for an occasional vape
Minn Menthol - to light on the menthol
Classic blend - Cigar like without the KPB pepper kick
Fresh Mint- very light mint
Vanilla blend- don't really taste the vanilla
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

As you can see VS "Tampa" and AVE "Gamel" &"Boba's" are the only ones I can consider as a main vape at this point. Tampa is my main vape while I let Boba's steep some more.

Please note I am not bashing any of these liquids! I am just putting out there what I have tried and how they work for me.

I guess I am asking for suggestions for something that has no more than a very subtle sweetness and tobacco taste. Also not looking for dessert, coffe or candy type liquids at this time.

Is this a tall order?

So any suggestions on what to try next?

Thanks to all who took the time to read this thread!

jplanet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2010
NJ
Try Highbrow. You can do all-VG, or any PG/VG ratio you want. The RY4, as all of their flavors, can be customized to be more or less sweet For your tastes, I might recommend the RY4 with only a little caramel, leaving in the vanilla to subdue the tobacco.

If you send a note to Bryan at Highbrow linking to this thread, he may make some recommendations. He customizes flavors to your liking, and makes top-quality stuff...

I mention this because I am also a fan of some of the flavors you like, such as VS Tampa...You might also like AVE's Flue Cured.

realm

Feb 8, 2012
NC & SC USA
Where do I find Highbrow? Is that the flavor? If not which flavor do you like?

Thanks for the reply!

Try Highbrow. You can do all-VG, or any PG/VG ratio you want. The RY4, as all of their flavors, can be customized to be more or less sweet For your tastes, I might recommend the RY4 with only a little caramel, leaving in the vanilla to subdue the tobacco.

If you send a note to Bryan at Highbrow linking to this thread, he may make some recommendations. He customizes flavors to your liking, and makes top-quality stuff...

I mention this because I am also a fan of some of the flavors you like, such as VS Tampa...You might also like AVE's Flue Cured.

jplanet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2010
NJ
Where do I find Highbrow? Is that the flavor? If not which flavor do you like?

Thanks for the reply!

Oh, sorry for the lack of info! Highbrow is a juice-maker: E Cig Juice @ *_Highbrow Vapor_* - E Liquid Store, Shop our Store for Ecig Products.

My favorites are Vanilla Bourbon Bean, Exotic Blend, RY4, Perique, Cheesecake Torte, Cigar.

Based on your tastes above, I would go for the RY4 with less caramel (my preference also), and maybe try the Exotic, but pick up a 10ml of the Vanilla Bourbon so you can soften the tobacco a bit. Their tobacco is a natural extract, so it's not at all like a cigarette vape (to me). Natural tobacco extracts have that tangy, almost citrus-y aspect to them that is sometimes unexpected.

The Cigar is just nifty that it tastes so much like a cigar - whether you're a big cigar fan or not - I never smokes cigars, but it's kind of neat vaping a true cigar flavor without being in a cloud of terrible smoke!

I am also not a big fan of sweets, but the Cheesecake Torte was a very unexpected surprise. I ordered a big bottle immediately after getting a small bottle!

Of course, your mileage may vary as tastes are never the same, but it's a very high-quality vendor that is certainly worth trying.

bemorphy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I was pleasantly surprised with both butter rum and black walnut from wizardlabs. The rum hits first and then buttery on exhale very nice a bit of sweet. I mixed the two together and got an amazing rich deep buttery nutty blend. Thought I would never get away from ry4 and tobacco. Think I will try that tampa next, thanks.

realm

Feb 8, 2012
NC & SC USA
Thank you mtnlioness.

I am not a coffee fan, but your recommendation and the reviews may intrigue me to give it a shot. (you never know til you try it)

I am yet to get back to trying my Vaperite "Tabbaco #2". When I do and decide whether or not to order some more I'll get a sample of Kona.

Vaperite are great Peeps!

Much appreciated!

P.S. I love the board name.

Personally, I'm addicted to Vaperite's Kona Cream. Not too sweet....just right. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread