What nic level should I switch to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

saffewsad

Jun 20, 2015
New Zealand
Hi,

Tomorrow I'm going to buy an eleaf iJust 2. This after vaping a nautilus at 10w on a VW clone, and an Aspire K1 with a 1.8ohm coil on around 4.0v when that's out of battery. Usually I vape a nic leverl of 15-18mg/ml.

I'm perfectly aware that if I charge up an iJust 2, pop a 0.3 ohm coil on and cape at 15mg/ml, the best case scenario will be an intense headache. This I would like to avoid. Is there any way I can tell what would be ideal to switch to, or should I start at around 3mg/ml and work from there?

Also, I'm considering grabbing an iStick 50w and a Triton, but I've heard bad press about the 50w autofiring. How much do I really need to worry about it? Is it a genuinely widespread problem, or is it rare but widely reported?

Thanks for helping!

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
With me, I knew straight away, within the first 5 minutes that 6mg was to much, 3mg is much better, for me anyway. I have vaped the Ijust 2, it has to be direct lung hits, 0.3ohm and for its size is a power house, it shocked me when I first tried it, I wasn't expecting the hit I got..Im pretty sure 3mg will be better. You could do as you said, stay at 6mg and dilute if needed. It's a big step up from the tanks you have, if your a mouth to lung vaper, you won't be able to do that with this tank, even with the rubber ring, not without ripping you throat apart. Lower your PG too, Id say around 70vg 30pg. These are my experiences with the device anyway.

Wolfenstark

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
Perth , Australia
So if I buy a couple of bottles in the same flavour at say, 6mg and 0mg and mix them until I find a good level to work with, would that be the best way to find out?

Thanks for the help, venturing into the sub-ohm world for the first time is somewhat daunting.

That would be fine.

saffewsad

Jun 20, 2015
New Zealand
Thanks guys, that advice is really useful for me! The reason I'm saying 6mg diluted is that in New Zealand it's quite hard to get anything between 12mg and 0 without importing it, which takes at least a week in transit. 6mg is possible from some local websites though.

I usually lung hit, but I'm fairly sure this will be like nothing I've ever experienced so am excited with a hint of trepidation.

Hitcat44

mere Pawn in Game of Life
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2015
Ft. Vape-WKY
Too Subjective of a question...
Depends on the Individual, the Equipment, the Mix of Liquid, the Flavor type of Liquid, MTL or DTL, and Yada Yada Yada.
This question always gets a wide array and myriad of answers and advice.
I personally use 50/50 18mg or 70/30 16mg (VG/PG) on both RDAs and RTAs. No mater if on Mechs or Variable Mods. No headaches-No issues.
No quick way or Cookie-Cutter "One Size Fits All" answer here. Just gonna have to trial & error till you find the Answer for you.
All the best to you and Enjoy Your Journey.

Reactions: Rsunderl
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread