What mechanical mod would you recommend to a beginner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbojar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Largo, Florida
It seems mechanical mod has become a household word these days and everyone has one or plans on getting one, some for different reasons than others. There are some good ones and there are some bad ones and unfortunately a lot of people don't really know the difference or even what makes them different. Without getting to far in depth I can say the material used for contacts makes the biggest difference between great and not so great, and cost is often a factor in what materials are used. But as far as a good beginner mechanical mod i would have to go with either Kamry K100 or K101, which are virtually one in the same other than grip design. For more information on that I recommend you visit this Kamry article that provides more specific info. Kamry made a good decision in choosing the Empire mod as the inspiration for their mechanical flagship, the K100. On the surface one might say it is just a copy or knock off but those terms usually denote poor quality and cheap materials just to make a quick buck. That is not the case with the K100 and K101, which are made of quality materials, a solid durable build, attractive design and neutral colors for both males and females alike, is easy to operate, takes all 3 lengths of 18mm batteries, and is compatible with all 510 and most eGo attachments. Also, even though IMR Protected batteries are recommended, mine came with a magnetic short stop fuse made by Kamry as well. I don't know if that is true for all, but at least they do where I got mine. Sure there are a LOT of mechanicals out there to choose from with Sigelei, Beautiful/Riva, L-Rider, and so on but as far as the total package that requires nothing more than inserting a battery and picking a compatible atomizer, I have to go with the Kamry K100 and K101 as my choices to recommend as a first time mech mod.

QuikWgn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2010
SnoCo Washington
www.youtube.com
Now that Sigelei is switching to copper contacts, I'd probably direct someone new to mechanicals in that direction. My first mech and the only one I still have is a real original GGTS from COV...But I feel that it will soon have some company as the Pinoy mods get more and more attractive, as well as at least one or two hybrids like the Juggernaut.

madicen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Minglewood
Now that Sigelei is switching to copper contacts, I'd probably direct someone new to mechanicals in that direction. My first mech and the only one I still have is a real original GGTS from COV...But I feel that it will soon have some company as the Pinoy mods get more and more attractive, as well as at least one or two hybrids like the Juggernaut.

Dead on advice. Sigelei making the switch to copper pins is great news for budget minded mech heads. This will force the competition to follow suit...good for everyone involved. The Sigelei 19E being the first out the door, should be hitting doorsteps (mine included) either Monday or Tuesday. Should be readily available in the next few weeks.

If budget is no concern, OKC Vapes has a small, but very decent, selection of quality Pinoy mods ranging from $100-225 all of which are very well made, with quality materials. That's just one example of a stateside vendor that has been carrying Pinoy mods, there are others...but OKC's rates are the most competitive.

Richard75

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Pennsylvania
If budget is no concern, OKC Vapes has a small, but very decent, selection of quality Pinoy mods ranging from $100-225 all of which are very well made, with quality materials. That's just one example of a stateside vendor that has been carrying Pinoy mods, there are others...but OKC's rates are the most competitive.

I'm starting to think Pinoy is the way to go... I bought a Cronus from them, and I've never been happier with a mod. This thing is seriously hard hitting. The vape from it makes even my EA Mod feel like a lightweight.

My recommendation to someone just getting into mechs is to buy a cheap one (like a Sigelei or a Smoktech) to see if you like the general feel of it. If you do, then go all out and buy a real quality one. Some mechs are really expensive (like the Cronus... my bank account still hates me haha), but when you vape a true quality mechanical, you'll know where the extra money went. And never believe someone when they tell you that all tube mods are the same. ;)

madicen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Minglewood
I'm starting to think Pinoy is the way to go... I bought a Cronus from them, and I've never been happier with a mod. This thing is seriously hard hitting. The vape from it makes even my EA Mod feel like a lightweight.

My recommendation to someone just getting into mechs is to buy a cheap one (like a Sigelei or a Smoktech) to see if you like the general feel of it. If you do, then go all out and buy a real quality one. Some mechs are really expensive (like the Cronus... my bank account still hates me haha), but when you vape a true quality mechanical, you'll know where the extra money went. And never believe someone when they tell you that all tube mods are the same. ;)

Absolutely. There are a number of mechs you can get in the $30-50 to get your feet wet, hell some are even under $20...not that I would always recommend a $20 China GG, personally Id point someone to say a Smoktech Natural or Bolt. The Kamry 100/101 are also fantastic for the price.

The thing with Pinoy is aesthetically they are not everyone's cup of tea. Me, I love the look of most of em. Not that I don't appreciate the nice clean lines on Euro mods like the Roller, or Poldiac (cuse I love my Poldiac). The more industrial look of most Pinoy mods, with the sharp edges, squareness of the bolts, the over emphasized knurling, the use of both brass and copper...yeah, that tickles a whole other side of me :) Performance wise...really some of the best in the world right now.

Riverboat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
Arizona
Now that Sigelei is switching to copper contacts.
Copper contacts.....:nah:lol
Rhodiun contacts are what you want:thumb:.... Dont just get you feet wet--jump in and get the best mod that SuperT has ever produced...
ELAs are built like a tank....Super T ~ ELA
USA quality that is unmatched.......Super features.....

Last edited:

madicen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Minglewood
Copper contacts.....:nah:lol
Rhodiun contacts are what you want:thumb:.... Dont just get you feet wet--jump in and get the best mod that SuperT has ever produced...
ELAs are built like a tank....Super T ~ ELA
USA quality that is unmatched.......Super features.....

I like my ELA too, but not everyone wants to wait 2 months for their mods. I dont mind doing the pre-order or co-op thing, in fact got on one just this morning with an 8 week wait time. Remember the OP was looking for beginner mechs.

Riverboat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
Arizona
I like my ELA too, but not everyone wants to wait 2 months for their mods. I dont mind doing the pre-order or co-op thing, in fact got on one just this morning with an 8 week wait time. Remember the OP was looking for beginner mechs.

Beginers mechcanical you say.....Super T ~ Precise Simplicity
No wait time/-Precious Metal Palladium Plated Brass Contacts. Will never oxidize or corrode and never needs cleaning.
Im not a fan of the 14500 battery though... 18xxx series for me....then you can Kick or Crown it....

gbojar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Largo, Florida
Simplicity is a good one. I have both a Precise + and a Pinoy mod, Launcher V2 which I love them both, but I was thinking for beginners the K100/101 are inexpensive and easy. Once you know which Sigeleis are good then I would recommend them, but I have had to modify several after receiving them where the K100/101 are ready out the box.

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
20130615_204304.jpg

I love my Pinoy setup. I have many more toys, but my Nzonic separates the Men from the boys.

nickj83

Verified Member
Dead on advice. Sigelei making the switch to copper pins is great news for budget minded mech heads. This will force the competition to follow suit...good for everyone involved. The Sigelei 19E being the first out the door, should be hitting doorsteps (mine included) either Monday or Tuesday. Should be readily available in the next few weeks.

Where can i get one of these said Sigelei 19E?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread