What Liquid is Best for Cleaning KR808's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RippleInStillWater

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2010
Land Of Corruption
I have seen both ways plugged on the forum but I was wondering what you all thought was best for cleaning my KR808-D's? I've seen rubbing alcohol, everclear, high-proof vodka, and peroxide used for soaking the battery end for 10+/- minutes, then wiping and drying. I think one of those compressed air aerosol cans used for cleaning dust off of electronics would be best for that but I don't think I ever saw that mentioned...

Shoot, couldn't download the V4L counter....another post!

Moshmarr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2010
Minneapolis
Be careful when using compressed air on an automatic KR8 battery, it can sometimes damage the vacuum switch in it, I've seen this mentioned before around ecf somewhere..As far as liquids, any of those will probably work, i use rubbing alcohol myself, and a paper towel to dry/clean out the threads on the battery. Everclear and vodka are food based, of course, and some find that a safer thing to clean with. All that high proof stuff evaporates pretty quickly though, imo. A thin toothpick cleans out the crevices in the threaded end pretty well when it's still wet with the alcohol.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I have seen both ways plugged on the forum but I was wondering what you all thought was best for cleaning my KR808-D's? I've seen rubbing alcohol, everclear, high-proof vodka, and peroxide used for soaking the battery end for 10+/- minutes, then wiping and drying. I think one of those compressed air aerosol cans used for cleaning dust off of electronics would be best for that but I don't think I ever saw that mentioned...

Shoot, couldn't download the V4L counter....another post!

Are you asking about cleaning your Cartomiers or your Battery? :confused:

Sylvie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2010
USA
I don't use any alcohol/cleaners.. don't want to have to taste them if I don't wipe it up good enough for starters and I haven't needed to do so anyhows.. I just use a papertowel (strong kinds), twirl a small end with my fingers and put the tip into the battery hole and twirl the battery around slowly and it soaks up whatever may of gotten down there.. Same thing for the thread areas that my pinkie nail can't get into.. I have yet to do it any other way and batteries and PT's all work fine..

RippleInStillWater

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2010
Land Of Corruption
Are you asking about cleaning your Cartomiers or your Battery? :confused:

Cleaning the battery -- some leakage and I think it affects the flavor of subsequent cartos. I know I can't get in the hole and underneath with a pipe cleaner; a toothpick does sound both plausible and economical. I just saw that some soak the battery end to loosen up the dried fluid inside the exterior warming area (is that said right? I don't know....) but I was wondering if one soaking fluid was more effective than others and, I guess, if soaking and drying were good ideas to begin with.

God I overthink things.......thanks

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
If you want to do more then wipe the battery down then you run the risk of ruining the battery. That said, I have cleaned a battery by removing the LED cap and flushing the battery out in warm tap water.

Shake it dry and put it a bag of rice for a couple of days. Then put it back together. Worked well on 3 batteries. Killed another. I would only suggest it if you are willing to risk a battery.

bones25

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2010
State of Texas
soak batteries thread side down in glass with about 2-3mm deep of everclear for 5 min.....manuals will be ok, with autos, be VERY careful.....take batts out and keep thread end down, shake liquid out, scrub end (crevices) with toothbrush or eyebrow brush (smaller), wipe with paper towel well, stand up against something till the alcohol dries before using. Can also use a pin after drying to scrape off any black stuff left.

AGAIN, keep autos threads down the entire time, even when brushing and wiping off, drying, etc!!!

RippleInStillWater

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2010
Land Of Corruption
soak batteries thread side down in glass with about 2-3mm deep of everclear for 5 min.....manuals will be ok, with autos, be VERY careful.....take batts out and keep thread end down, shake liquid out, scrub end (crevices) with toothbrush or eyebrow brush (smaller), wipe with paper towel well, stand up against something till the alcohol dries before using. Can also use a pin after drying to scrape off any black stuff left.

thanks, that is exactly the answer type I was looking for -- I never thought I'd need tweezers, needles, eyebrow brushes, centrifuge, binder clips, etc. to vape like a pro (LMAO) -- 2 to 3 mm, that's, what, 1/8 inch? I'm over 45, you know,,,:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread