What is the smallest 510 all mechanical tube mod out there with good battery life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Iuno bout the icon.
Copied from the site:
Please Note:. Unprotected Versions of the 14500 Battery will fit this device.. Protected versions will not.. We recommend Tenergy 14500 batteries or AW IMR14500 batteries only..

I'm sure it's safe since it's singular and not stacked batteries but I just don't trust unprotected bats. I know a lot out there will disagree but when I'm putting something inches from my face multiple times a day I think it's worth a little extra precaution. Just my 2 copper.

Since most folks use LR attys the Icon met that bill in a small package with IMR batts. LiMn is safer chemistry and does not require a protection circuit. It is far safer to use an IMR batt then LI Ion with a failed PCB :)

supremekizzle

ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2010
Minnesota
Basicly build it like a flashlight except where the bulb would be goes and atty connector. It's really very simple and if you know machinists you could make a ton of money making/selling mods.

Is there a large market? I'm going to start drawing up some mods on google sketch up and see what I come up with.

malde1069

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2009
Illinois
here is one that i made...compared next to a bic lighter and trustfire 14500 protected battery

CIMG0121.jpg

asdaq

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
poland, and the brassy lands of google
thanks...no switch. it kinda works like the omega...pushing down on the top...there is also a lock so it cant get pushed down accidentally

Malde, I likey. Could you share more details and maybe pics of how you did it? I've been messing with various copper parts without a tube for an 18350, and could use some pointers...

HyOnLyph

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Is there a large market? I'm going to start drawing up some mods on google sketch up and see what I come up with.

Well, I'm thinking if you come up with something modular that would be awesome. everybody seems to have their own design but they don't allow for mixing and matching... i.e. bottom button vs side button... top side vs bottom side. long body vs small body.

And if you build something modular, there is a large additional market in the high powered led flashlight mod business and mini-light saber niche. No kidding. Check out a few forums....
Custom Lightsabers from Ultra Sabers the Luxeon LED Lightsaber and Lightsaber Conversion Experts!
The Custom Saber Shop
Flashlight DIY Parts
Custom Flashlights and Parts
Flashlight Modding and DIY Parts | BudgetLightForum.cz.cc

just a few....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread