• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

What is the current climate of e cigs in Canada?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VaEHp

Nov 29, 2013
Terra
Man this is intense,

Time will tell, they must allow this modern day nicotine delivery system ... it works ! ...on so many levels.

I agree with having some basic rules and guidelines for a modern safe society, who wants dirty vapes... quality control is a must.

Its Big Business and its spreading like Wildfire, seems everyday when I search around there is a few new websites... word of local stores starting to pop up here, a lot of people want in on it like a mini gold rush, the talk of every town, its a real game changer. All for the greater good of human kind, Time for some 70/30 something...

:vapor:

Last edited:

RaymondK

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2013
GTA, Canada
www.ezigcan.com
The main thing I don't understand is that the Government may make 6 billion in tax revenue from cigarettes, however they lose at least 2-3 times that much in additional health care costs relating to smoking related illness and disease. It would make so much more sense for them (at least financially) to push people who currently smoke into vaping. Maybe I'm just too logical to understand the workings of our government, but I'm at a loss trying to figure out their motives here.

isn't health care cost is a provincial thing? At the same time those are big tobacco companies that are paying the big bucks so at least it won't be any tax evasion in the mind of the government. And for small vendors in general, there are too much work for the government to chase after unpaid taxes. The biggest argument right now (not in Canada yet) is to levy heavy tax on the e-cigarettes in general in order to maintain the tax dollars they are collecting annually. Of course you can see in the cigarette industry in Canada, people nowadays are buying illegal cigarettes (legal if you buy one carton without getting off the car) in the native reserves. The government should go after that instead of the e-cigarettes in Canada.

Wolffy

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2013
Alberta, Canada
The main thing I don't understand is that the Government may make 6 billion in tax revenue from cigarettes, however they lose at least 2-3 times that much in additional health care costs relating to smoking related illness and disease. It would make so much more sense for them (at least financially) to push people who currently smoke into vaping. Maybe I'm just too logical to understand the workings of our government, but I'm at a loss trying to figure out their motives here.

In actuality when you combine both provincial and federal tobacco taxes they collect near double the health care costs related to tobacco consumption. Sin taxes seldom see much opposition from the public so smokers are an easy target. That is a lot of tax revenue on the line and governments are not eager to give it up no matter what they say when facing a camera. Taxing a legal drug addict is a very easy thing to do. You have a captive tax base and can tax them at will with very little threat of losing that tax base, until quite recently.

Lets not forget the old "We are raising tobacco taxes to save the children from becoming smokers." routine. That's a tactic taken right out of 'Mein Kampf'. (page 439 if I recall)

Talyon

Vape 4 Life
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Toronto
In actuality when you combine both provincial and federal tobacco taxes they collect near double the health care costs related to tobacco consumption. Sin taxes seldom see much opposition from the public so smokers are an easy target. That is a lot of tax revenue on the line and governments are not eager to give it up no matter what they say when facing a camera. Taxing a legal drug addict is a very easy thing to do. You have a captive tax base and can tax them at will with very little threat of losing that tax base, until quite recently.

Lets not forget the old "We are raising tobacco taxes to save the children from becoming smokers." routine. That's a tactic taken right out of 'Mein Kampf'. (page 439 if I recall)

And it is for this reason that our BG and HC ad demonizing ecigs, once properly demonized they can then tax the heck out of them satisfying the ANTZ etal. We win cause we well still be able to Vape, and save the children.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread