What is the best possible (and quickest) way to clean a DUAL COIL atomizer such as a Nimbus or an IGO-W

Status
Not open for further replies.

khalbrogo

Aug 23, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
i found this thread:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/tips-tricks/69834-my-atty-resurrection-method-5.html

But am skeptical because i believe it only applies to those tube atomizers that you put on E twists, not my nimbus, trident, IGO-L, Igo-W, etc.

Any quick way to clean these? I was honestly about to follow the aforementioned method in the link however I do not think it's a good idea to run my dual coil under hot water getting everything wet, including the wick and wire.

Thanks.

SilverZero

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2013
Illinois, USA
I just use single coils on my IGO-L but I run the whole thing under water every time I want to change flavors. I basically use the hottest water I can stand to hold my hand under and rinse it very well for a minute or so, then dry it with a paper towel. After I get the base of the IGO-L dried off I lightly press the paper towel against the silica wick for a few minutes until i don't notice any more water being absorbed by the towel, then dry burn it a few times to remove any residue on the coil itself. After the dry burn I repeat the process, with a shorter rinse in hot water, a paper towel dry, then a rest under my fan once more. After that I saturate the wick with whatever the new flavor is and vape away. No problems at all for me.

Vapeaddikt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2013
Southern Cloud Cartel Arlington, TX
take a lighter and light the wick on fire (so long as its not cotton) and let it burn out. Dry fire it till you see the coils glowing then put cap back on and drip your next flavor.

It works I promise. and all of the heat is moving up so no real danger to anything below.

When I change coil's/wick's I run it under hot water and do a deep clean prior to rebuilding.

Nibiru2012

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
The Oort Cloud
this is what i do. it burns off all the gunk, and afterwards the wick (silica or ekowool) is white and looks brand new and the wire is shiny.

Sound like an excellent plant to me. I have been wondering what the best methods were to effectively clean a coil and get back to vaping quickly.

khalbrogo

Aug 23, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
Hey guys! Just got done cleaning my atomizer using your advice as well as following the link I posted in the original thread. Let me tell you, it just works. Both my Nimbus and IGO-W were trashed; taste was burnt, vapor production still there, but the taste was off.

After I cleaned them, these were the results:

photo 1.jpg photo 2.jpg photo 3.jpg

First image is my cleaned nimbus, next is the cleaned IGO-W, lastly, the both of them side by side.

Clouds are looking and tasting great!!!

photo 2-1.jpg photo 3-1.jpg

Thank you to everyone who helped me out!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread