• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

What is every1 playing now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy Trauma

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2011
Indianapolis
I only drive racing simulators and have been a member or iRacing for over 5 years, but am currently involved in beta testing a fantastic new game due out at the end of 2014. Its called Project cars and is coming along fantastically. Sorry, the beta testing is a closed project as of now, so no enrollment is currently possible until its released to the public.

And I use a purpose built home made simulator to enjoy it all. Full motion and lots of money to have fun. I think I've roughly calculated having about 8,500.00 in the whole rig. Still cheaper than racing in real life, and I'm not dead from doing it heheheh

Last edited:

JmanEspresso

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 15, 2013
    Westchester, NY,USA
    TommyTrauma,

Nice Rig bro. Im a SimRacer myself, been on iracing officially for four years, but I let the service lapse a couple times in the start, and then about 2 1/2 years ago or so, I saw what all the fuss was about finally, and have been pretty hardcore into ever since. I wish I had the speed to run with the top split guys, but I do pretty well each a few seconds off the top times. Im a Road racer myself.. Ill hop onto the ovals every now and again for a hoot, but I dont take it seriously. road is where I live. Right now Im running the GT3 challenge(who isnt lol), loving, LOVING the RT12R track version, and I am seriously excited about the upcoming Z4 GT3. I love GT Racing, and I hope iRacing expands the GT racing portion into something epic.

wish I had a pic of the rig for you, but its too messy right now to show the public lol. I run:

Obutto Ozone Cockpit with my own improvised triple monitor mounting solution
    Fanatec Clubsport Wheel w/ both BMW GT2 and Formula Rims
    Fanatec Clubsport Pedals
    Fanatec Clubsport Shifter/Thrustmaster TH8RS Shifter
    Derek Speare TrackBoss Button Box
    Asus Transformer Android Tablet running ProRaceDash for the virtual dashboard

And the PC parts that matter, are a 3570K @ 4.5ghz and Dual GTX 580s, plus the three 24in monitors

Currently in the works upgrading some stuff.. the Dual GTX 580s are about to be replaced with a single GTX 780ti, two if needed, but I dont think I will. And Im going to upgrade the pedals as well, I just havent decided which ones to get. Deciding between Derek Speare pedals and HPP Simulation, but also considering ECCI and Niels Heusinkveld, and MPPC. So many too chose from, Im kinda torn. Leaning towards the Derek Speares if I can get in on the next order.

--------

Not just a SimRacer, also a gamer. Ive got a seperate gaming rig which is a bit more beefy than the Simrig. The Gaming PC parts that matter are Dual GTX780s, an Intel 3960K on a Rampage IV Extreme, Full SSD system, Asus Xonar Xense Soundcard with Sennhieser PC360headset, and my amazing monitor, an Asus PB278Q, a 27in 1440p monitor which is glorious.

Main game is Battlefield 4. Not really playing much else right now.. Im going to start playing AC4 Black Flag soon, been putting it off because I really want to sink into it, and Splilnter Cell BlackList Im partway through, enjoyed it so far, MP was fun too. Oh and how could I leave out SimCity. I know it takes a lot of grief, but honestly, when Im in the mood, I can load that up and just get lost in a city.

But yeah, main game right now is Battlefield 4, loving the new Naval Strike Maps. I took some time away from BF4 after the launch, because I honestly didn't like the china rising maps at all, just didn't like the feel or the ambiance of them I guess. But Naval Strike is good, had some intense Obliteration matches a couple hours ago on Operation Mortar and Nansha Strike.. Never really played OB, just stuck to Conquest Large like always, but I think I found a new game mode.. Obliteration is awesome!

I dont play on the consoles much these days, Ive always been a PC gamer first, and console second.. but Ive alwaysed LIKED console as well. But, the PS3 and 360 really show their age these days, so I dont think Ill be doing much console playing until I decide to get the new boxes.

My gamertag for everything is the same as my name here, so if you wanna play BF4, or just send me a friend request on Origen, feel free to do so.

WickedSick

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 10, 2011
    USA
    I have just got my hands on The Last of Us and just can't wait for the weekend. I've been dying to play it since it came out, but there was never really enough time, well I decided that this time it's gonna be different, so I cleared my schedule and decided to be isolated for some time until I clear it I just that I won't have to call sick comes Monday (like any responsible adult would do ) :D

FoxdenVixen

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 5, 2014
    Parker, CO USA
    I was lucky enough to get in on the beta for ESO (Elder Scrolls Online) last July for weekend betas and then was invited to join the full time testing group last October. The game is now live and I have bought a sub for 6 months. Yes there are some hiccups with the game right now but show me an MMO that hasn't had problems in the beginning. The ESO devs are working their rear-ends off trying to get gold spammers and bots blocked as well as fixing bugs in game. Overall it is a great game and I am thoroughly enjoying myself!

SingedVapor

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 31, 2014
    Valdosta, Georgia, United States
    Finally I knew there had to be a gamer section of vapors :)

Right now I'm playing league of legends (mainly cause my computer isn't good enough for much else) if you wanna add me "deustheproducer"

Also as weird as this sounds I am a heavy clash of clans player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread